Daughter Saga I [kinky, romance]; Work in progress

sagas

UPDATE - AUG 9th

Episode 2 is available to the public. Would really appreciate your support though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77hgfm34TWk

We've also released a new side-project "Schoolgirl Saga" for Patrons.

Synopsis: You, as a professor/counselor must deal with (and influence) the strange lives of students at the school/university. Making matters worse, your niece studies there. And you may have struck a deal with a sinister cult. (Plot intersects with Daughter Saga)

promo_banner_2_3.jpg

https://www.patreon.com/sagas

PU7OoNE.jpg

Starting a new series here. My mission is to stay consistent with the proposed schedule (see Patreon) and complete the saga (6-8 episodes) as planned. I hope you'll support me on Patreon. 

We're also building a new visual-novel/interactive engine that will be open sourced soon. 

Please be patient with v1.0. There may be issues in the flow/content (and other bugs); I'll be posting an updated/edited version shortly.

More non-linear gameplay features coming up in v2.0. 

Synopsis: A workaholic father must rebuild a bond with his freshman daughter who's now having troubles at her college. He believes she's being taunted at a sorority. But for this father, things usually end up being worse than they seem. (Warning: Potential mystical/ritualistic elements.) 

Characters: Father, daughter, teacher, brother, other characters approx. the daughter's age. 

Please download the game using the links here: https://www.patreon.com/sagas

Fs5zgJN.png

S14vAmE.jpg

Love,

Cain.

Seems interesting a save option should be one of the first things to be done for a game like this so that people don't have to keep restarting another things that should be done first is a way to skip the dialogue I ended up using a idle clicker just to speed past everything that I had already seen before. 

Seems interesting a save option should be one of the first things to be done for a game like this so that people don't have to keep restarting another things that should be done first is a way to skip the dialogue I ended up using a idle clicker just to speed past everything that I had already seen before. 

Thanks for the feedback and for taking the time to explore the game. 

You're right about the save option. Guess I underestimated how much of a pain it would be. 

I'm expediting development of the save/load features. Should be up in a few days along with Episode 1.5. 

I tried it and i like it so far as a teaser, good potential for sure with a intriguing story

Things to add are saves for sure and a little bit of a info guide to the stats, quests and what each is good for (what does a high spying do for me?, or do i just need a specific stat to get to the next part of the story?).

Also, not sure if this 1.0 has it (played it a couple times, so not sure i got to the end of 1.0), but i would suggest having each release end after a semi important part, to keep everyone hooked for the next part and not at some random, "do you want to cuddle"...end. That makes you go...what, ending here?

I tried it and i like it so far as a teaser, good potential for sure with a intriguing story

Things to add are saves for sure and a little bit of a info guide to the stats, quests and what each is good for (what does a high spying do for me?, or do i just need a specific stat to get to the next part of the story?).

Also, not sure if this 1.0 has it (played it a couple times, so not sure i got to the end of 1.0), but i would suggest having each release end after a semi important part, to keep everyone hooked for the next part and not at some random, "do you want to cuddle"...end. That makes you go...what, ending here?

Thanks for the feedback. 

You make a good point about the ending. The next episode has a steamier (not too much though) ending that you may like. Personally, I prefer a more subtle ending that hints at what's about to come. 

Glad you liked the story. I'll be posting a guide soon that should cover gameplay elements such as the stats. 

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 2 has been released for Patrons. 

Please be patient with this one as well, we don't yet have save/load functionality (may be unplayable for some due to that).

That and lots more coming up in Episode 3. Look forward to your thoughts. 

Without a save, you can get by I'd just open and play 6 games at the same time if you start them all at the same time you can see most of the paths, and they are only loud at the start, though to be honest the lack of a save adds a bit of fun to it on the other hand I would say I still would like to see an end code to continue the next Episode or at least help to keep stat bonuses from past episodes if saves aren't worked out.

Without a save, you can get by I'd just open and play 6 games at the same time if you start them all at the same time you can see most of the paths, and they are only loud at the start, though to be honest the lack of a save adds a bit of fun to it on the other hand I would say I still would like to see an end code to continue the next Episode or at least help to keep stat bonuses from past episodes if saves aren't worked out.

Well that's certainly creative. The stats don't affect much in these current episodes. From Episode 3 on, they'll carry over to the next one. 

I feel the same about the added bit of fun that risking having to start over has (though painful for many). Maybe limiting the number of save slots would have the same effect. 

Thanks for checking it out.

Limited save slots do nothing simply because you hit the limit you just grab them and add them to a named folder and start saving again. Say the limit is 10 slots each folder will contain 10 saves each folder will be named folder 1 2 3 and so on.

I have done it many times before. It's also good to do so if something is fucked up or you did something wrong that you should of done a different way you can because the older saves are safe and never get overwritten. I tend to not pay much attention to games if there isn't a save option in effect. Will there be a walkthrough made later that'll help?

• 3 weeks later...

Limited save slots do nothing simply because you hit the limit you just grab them and add them to a named folder and start saving again. Say the limit is 10 slots each folder will contain 10 saves each folder will be named folder 1 2 3 and so on.

I have done it many times before. It's also good to do so if something is fucked up or you did something wrong that you should of done a different way you can because the older saves are safe and never get overwritten. I tend to not pay much attention to games if there isn't a save option in effect. Will there be a walkthrough made later that'll help?

Apologies for the late reply. Interesting point about circumventing the save system. Most users wouldn't go through all that trouble I guess. 

But your point is taken, limited slots probably don't make sense especially in a visual-novel-y sort of game. 

There will be a walkthrough available soon.

Episode 2 is now available to the public. And Episode 3 will be released soon. 

Archived