Windows Purple

this all stemmed from me moving the NMM folder from my C: to an external drive and NMM cant seem to know that the mods are installed but just in a diff location. all the .esp files were still in the data folder and the mods still showed up in the NMM list but they were all grayed out like they were never installed. yes i changed the folder locations in the setting tab.

soooooo.... i have to install them all over again... all 170-ish mods.

i think the order i installed may be the issue so i am trying to reinstall rgw Unofficial Hi-Rez Patch... that didn't work so now i'm gonna try the SMIM mod (which has a newer version out so i will update it)

shud i expect more from NMM or was my my stupid mistake?

Missing diffuse map for the ELFX SMIM Meshes patch I think.

If you're using ELFX that is. If not there are other causes but thats the first thing that comes to mind.

i just uninstalled ELFX...

i just switched from Realvision ENB + ELFX ... to ..... Technocromatic

how do you advise i remedy this?

If you're using ELFX that is. If not there are other causes but thats the first thing that comes to mind.

Well you can use ELFX with Tetrochromatic ENB, I've used it before in conjunction with that ENB.

You need to reinstall SMIM to over-write the ELFX patch meshes and you should be fine I'd think, if you don't want to use ELFX that is.

Well you can use ELFX with Tetrochromatic ENB, I've used it before in conjunction with that ENB.

You need to reinstall SMIM to over-write the ELFX patch meshes and you should be fine I'd think, if you don't want to use ELFX that is.

on the Technochro nexus page it says to uninstall ELFX in the installation instructions http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73848/?

I reinstalled SMIM and in fact just updated it to newer version. ELFX has been gone for a bit so I'm not sure if there is any residual ELFX files or something (i dont see any tho)...

Is it Tetrchromatic or Technochro? Cause I'm not sure what Technocro is.

There are also some graphics overhaul mods that replace windows with lit windows that aren't SMIM or ELFX meshes....I can't remember their name right now, I'll deep dive into my mod list and see if I can find the name.

HA!

i fixed it.

so my hunch is that it was that crappy mod ELFX (which i'll never use again) i think it replaces some meshes so luckily i had a backup of my original SKYRIM folder with no mods installed and just copy/pasted all the "Skyrim - *.bsa" files over. I probably didn't need all of them like the voices and sounds but I just copied it all. my guess is that it was most likely the Skyrim - Meshes.bsa or the Skyrim - Shaders.bsa that were the culprit.

not sure if i'm accurate in my assumption but ELFX alters some vanilla file and then if the mod is ever uninstalled it removes the altered vanilla file but doesn't replace it with the original.

post-1071799-0-27005100-1497602406_thumb.jpg

Archived