What can I transfer from Fallout 3 to NV?

Naynay

Um...maybe sounds....?

You can transfer meshes by adding them to an existing esp that you are already using but that does require the GECK unless you just rename it to replace a vanilla asset. If you go that route be sure the mesh takes up the exact same body slots or you will have missing parts or CTD.

Meshes do not require any "conversions" from fallout 3 to FNV as they are already in the same format (unlike oblivion).

I thought that if you can manage to change teh master files on some mods from Fallout.esm to the NV.esm then maybe you can bring some mods over to vegas like equipement or a companion.

I was tyring this at one point with a FO3 companion mod that never came over to vegas, but never got a firm handle on it.

I thought that if you can manage to change teh master files on some mods from Fallout.esm to the NV.esm then maybe you can bring some mods over to vegas like equipement or a companion.

I was tyring this at one point with a FO3 companion mod that never came over to vegas' date=' but never got a firm handle on it.

[/quote']

Yes, in theory you can do this...BUT...depending on what is in the plugin it may fail. The problem is if the assets contain vanilla edits that are not found in the FNV.esm or in loose files in your data folder then there is a strong possibility of getting a CTD. Not to mention dirty edits that can cause instability.

It is better if it is just clothing to make your own esp or better yet add the items to an esp you already are playing with.

There is no harm in giving it a try but if your game crashes then you know to move to plan B.....:P

How about body textures? Can I transfer those?

Sure. Meshes and textures can move between the games with no problem. You will have to either name them (and put them in the proper paths) such that they replace something already in your game or put them in the game via an esp.

Archived