How to Make an NPC Replacer?

thek8ikat

Hello. So, I'm pretty new to the CK and modding. I really like looking at NPC appearance overhauls and seeing how people interpret the characters. I've also done quite a few visual transfers for NPCs, but I'd honestly like to try to make my own. :] I've tried looking on Google for a tutorial, but couldn't find any good answers to be honest. I need help mainly merging the face I want (a custom one exported from RaceMenu) with the hair that comes from a mod and has a custom color. I actually figured out how to replace the face itself yesterday (without an esp) with NifMerge and just renaming files, but it's not good enough. Everything else on the character was the same.
A step by step tutorial would be amazing. And, with all respect, fluent English would be all the better. Thank you, guys!

and why do you want to use crap kit for that?

the custom body it's just that

170610100300229609.jpg

170610100302494549.jpg

170610100259326341.jpg

no idea why so many npc mods use custom race

you only need a custom race when you use a doa head, witcher head, daz head, whatever head that don't use the same uv map

because loading femaleheadnord_lips and eyesbrows on it won't match the head

nifmerge it's just that

170610095718122199.jpg

170610095719748967.jpg

either you copy paste the nitrishapedata from new head to original head

either you copy paste the meshes name from original head to new head

for custom textures, you just edit femaleheadnord texture path

if you use glossy body or whatever, you do the same to the head mesh

To prevent the gray face bug. And I really don't want to use crap kit, but it's our only choice really.

and why do you want to use crap kit for that?

the custom body it's just that

170610100300229609.jpg

170610100302494549.jpg

170610100259326341.jpg

no idea why so many npc mods use custom race

you only need a custom race when you use a doa head, witcher head, daz head, whatever head that don't use the same uv map

because loading femaleheadnord_lips and eyesbrows on it won't match the head

nifmerge it's just that

170610095718122199.jpg

170610095719748967.jpg

either you copy paste the nitrishapedata from new head to original head

either you copy paste the meshes name from original head to new head

for custom textures, you just edit femaleheadnord texture path

if you use glossy body or whatever, you do the same to the head mesh

I thought I had to use Creation Kit for the .npc data and face gen, head parts, and stuff. I wish we could actually do the same with TES5Edit though. *sigh*
I'm trying to make my own .esp.
(^_^)* I'm new to NifSkope, too. Lol. So you literally just copy the line that says "nitrishap..." to the one from CK? Or do I have to open it or something? And how do you remove the hair? I think that might be a part of the problem. Also, is there a way to export this data so I can copy it to a folder? I'm following a "how to make an NPC" tutorial and it shows that it needs the .chargen, .tris, etc.

Archived