Can Bodyslide Custom Bodies Overtax Your Game?

Title best explains my question. I hit a milestone for my modding as I figured out how to finally use ENB's with graphical overhauls, lighting and textures. I still run the game at 60 FPS with no crashes or errors. I thought I finally hit the promise land and then I decided to try bodyslide for my character to make her have a physique more to my liking. I got it to work and watched how to videos to make sure it was working properly, made backups just to be safe and loaded into my buffer save to test it out. Everything is fine I could use the sliders and everything. Then I continued the game where I loaded out in the wilderness.

Everything loaded up normal and then after 10 seconds I got a crashfix error saying I had a corrupt NIF file and gave me a list of possible contestants and closed my game. Thankfully it was the bodyslide preset so I just turned it off and my game runs fine. My questions is was this a fluke where I can try and recreate the body sculpt (give it the benefit of the doubt) or should I just stick to my default body?

Title best explains my question. I hit a milestone for my modding as I figured out how to finally use ENB's with graphical overhauls, lighting and textures. I still run the game at 60 FPS with no crashes or errors. I thought I finally hit the promise land and then I decided to try bodyslide for my character to make her have a physique more to my liking. I got it to work and watched how to videos to make sure it was working properly, made backups just to be safe and loaded into my buffer save to test it out. Everything is fine I could use the sliders and everything. Then I continued the game where I loaded out in the wilderness.

Everything loaded up normal and then after 10 seconds I got a crashfix error saying I had a corrupt NIF file and gave me a list of possible contestants and closed my game. Thankfully it was the bodyslide preset so I just turned it off and my game runs fine. My questions is was this a fluke where I can try and recreate the body sculpt (give it the benefit of the doubt) or should I just stick to my default body?

Its not outside the realm of possibility that the mesh was corrupt. That being said, outside of having a LOT of HDT-enabled bodies in the same location, it's unlikely one mesh would "overtax" your game. You are merely experiencing a basic crash where the game is unable to load or otherwise process a specific mesh. 

However, as for general advice, any heavily modded instance of Skyrim it's usually recommended to make sure the saves you're loading up happen in a small indoor cell, with as few actors as possible in order to reduce the impact of all the various scripts on the papyrus engine. The more playtime you accrue on a save, the more likely it is that loading a save "out in the open" will just crash on load, and that goes faster or slower depending on the mods you have and their load on papyrus.   

Also you didn't post anything useful to have someone actually help with your problem, which you might have if you had read this:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/8534-please-read-before-posting-here/

Thank you for the response. Yes, I have a save located in a small cell (Alternate Start Character Creation) as a buffer save to load my game as I found out early on loading my saved game at the time outside is too much to render in at once which will crash the game.

I didn't post anything technical yet because I just wanted to know since this was my first time using bodyslide and having that occur to just try again. During the time of my post and now I did reload another unique bodyslide and my game runs perfectly fine with it. :P

Thank you for the response. Yes, I have a save located in a small cell (Alternate Start Character Creation) as a buffer save to load my game as I found out early on loading my saved game at the time outside is too much to render in at once which will crash the game.

I didn't post anything technical yet because I just wanted to know since this was my first time using bodyslide and having that occur to just try again. During the time of my post and now I did reload another unique bodyslide and my game runs perfectly fine with it. :P

Alright, no problem, just wanted to make sure the basics are covered. Testing a different outfit was going to be my next suggestion. I'm glad you got everything working!