Follower submits when I do, even with options off.

Hey there.

I've got an issue. I'm currently running the Damsel In Distress quest within Cursed Loot. I have a follower with me and I figured a good way to search containers is to go in caves or raid bandit camps and such. Problem is, something will attack me and immediately the player submits...and so does my follower.

I went into Defeat and changed the options to "All down" (it was set to Original before). I've tried "No Transition" as well. All options have the same result, a bandit will run up to me, take my keys and assault me, followed by both of us wearing armbinders at the end (side note, any reason why Hidielle keeps making gestures like shrugging, wiping her brow, stroking her chin etc instead of staying in her arm binder? I've set DDe to have 10 slotted players, so that can't be it...but anyway).

I've had a look through a number of mods I'd assumed were causing this but I can't puzzle it out. Can you guys help me? I cannot get much done at this rate if every fight ends with an assault.

Load Order 6.txt

I'm still very new to modding Skyrim and such. They sounded similar yet offered different things as well, to my memory.

Would I be better off removing one or both of them? If so, which one?

I have read posts saying they've run those at the same time fine. I'm just thinking if you're having confusing problems there could be a conflict or one of them you've forgotten to check. Deviously helpless meanwhile has submit before even combat would've started provided you're wearing a device. So if you're not it aint that one at least.

I'm still very new to modding Skyrim and such. They sounded similar yet offered different things as well, to my memory.

Would I be better off removing one or both of them? If so, which one?

I have read posts saying they've run those at the same time fine. I'm just thinking if you're having confusing problems there could be a conflict or one of them you've forgotten to check. Deviously helpless meanwhile has submit before even combat would've started provided you're wearing a device. So if you're not it aint that one at least.

It's fine to run those and more mods with a combat surrender function, but that function has to be turned off in all but one. 

For example, submit has a hotkey to overpower enemies with a chance to work at any time - defeat only when the enemy is in bleedout. If somebody wants to rape bandits via submit and surrender via Defeat, that works fine, but you have to turn off surrender in submit.

Cursed Loot has a lot other functions, turn combat surrender off and you're fine again, same for Shout like a Virgin.

But you can't get several (automatic) surrender scenarios at once, no matter how different they are except for Death Alternative which has some framework functions, but only for mods which support it like Defeat & SD+.

Which reminds me... Defeat has several surrender conditions, health is only one of them. Exhaustion (low stamina) is another, and there are some more i never use, can't remember exactly... i think it's connected to some weapons like maces which can stun you or something like that. Reading the descriptions of features you have toggled on is a good advice in general, it might help. ;)