Sexlab only showing install tab after cleaning system!

I am sure I am just being very stupid but its as said in the title i go to SexLab MCM -> Rebuild & Clean -> Clean System and after its done it is stuck in that minimalist mode with only the install tab no matter what I do.  What I have tried so far is clicking the install/update button in said install tab, as well as physically reinstalling sexlab. What I havent done but have tried to is disabling sexlab and all dependent mods, loading a save, and then saving again, and re enabling everyting. I cannot do this because I cant get it to not immediately CTD after loading a save with everything disabled.  

Any ideas what i can do to fix this?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Hm, i'm not sure at all, but my guess is you either didn't wait long enough (with menu closed) or... why do you rebuild in the first place? Maybe you try to get a mod working that is outdated or overwrites sexlab with an outdated script?

perhaps... I waited at least a minute or so however, and have even saved and tried closing and launching the game and loading the save and still nothing happens... :/. as for why I am doing it, it is required for me to fix only some of my animations playing.   strangely enough, doing it does definitely fix the problem I am having, but now i get this new problem, which is a real pain because it defaults all the hotkeys and i cant re customize.  As for an outdated script overwriting it, i really don't think that is the case but i cannot say for certain

Hm, i'm not sure at all, but my guess is you either didn't wait long enough (with menu closed) or... why do you rebuild in the first place? Maybe you try to get a mod working that is outdated or overwrites sexlab with an outdated script?

perhaps... I waited at least a minute or so however, and have even saved and tried closing and launching the game and loading the save and still nothing happens... :/. as for why I am doing it, it is required for me to fix only some of my animations playing.   strangely enough, doing it does definitely fix the problem I am having, but now i get this new problem, which is a real pain because it defaults all the hotkeys and i cant re customize.  As for an outdated script overwriting it, i really don't think that is the case but i cannot say for certain

Installing sexlab and rebuilding can take some time, one minute is not necessarily enough. It will tell you when itÄs done, until then: don't touch anything. Do not save, do not load, do not change any other menus. If you hit that button, hm. Usually i say "go and make some coffee", but the last time i did that myself i assumed that everything was finished and later learned it wasn't, so i had to start all over. After drinking that coffee it should be finished, but if you really want to be sure, watch the screen until it tells you.

That some animations aren't working is a problem itself, though. It tells you that something is wrong, and rebuilding is not a fix, it's a workaround at best. I'd rather try to actually fix that problem.

Installing sexlab and rebuilding can take some time, one minute is not necessarily enough. It will tell you when itÄs done, until then: don't touch anything. Do not save, do not load, do not change any other menus. If you hit that button, hm. Usually i say "go and make some coffee", but the last time i did that myself i assumed that everything was finished and later learned it wasn't, so i had to start all over. After drinking that coffee it should be finished, but if you really want to be sure, watch the screen until it tells you.

That some animations aren't working is a problem itself, though. It tells you that something is wrong, and rebuilding is not a fix, it's a workaround at best. I'd rather try to actually fix that problem.

you were actually right about the overwriting xD i started a new game, and apparently that made the framework realize there was something blocking its install. it was even kind enough to list of the most common culprit .esp files that cause this! (which sure enough i had both of them haha.)  anyway my problem is all fixed now.  and for what you were saying about some of the animations not working being its own underlying problem - that doesn't surprise me at all, as my current modded install is at least 2 windows installs old and quite a Frankenstein of a game at the moment xD really should just start anew already...  Anyway, thank you so much for your help, you really helped me through it :)

Archived