(WIP) The Stygian - a custom fantasy race - by Trykz

Trykz

So back when I was online gaming heavily, I played a lot of Age of Conan. The character creation and customization were very highly detailed, and unrivaled any other MMORPG on the market. Even to this day it's hard to find any online game that compares to AoC's character models and customization options.

The Stygian was my favorite of the playable races. And the assassin was certainly my favorite class. If you're looking for rest periods from Skyrim, Oblivion, or whatever else you happen to be playing, I highly recommend giving the game a try if for no other reason than to simply play around with some of the best looking online character models in the business in the starting area, Tortage Isle. It's free to play (although somewhat limited of course), and you can find it at this link if you're interested.

Even if you aren't interested in the game itself, at least go check out the media. Pretty awesome stuff.

But enough of that:

This mod will be my most highly detailed and specialized to date, with literally dozens of options for just about everything. I plan on packing tons of racial perks, abilities, and effects into this mod. From makeup and warpaint options, to spell based abilities and weather storm effects, I'm pulling out all the stops on this one.

What you see here is a mere shell of what this will become over the coming weeks, and until after Dawnguard releases for the PC. And this is before I know what the CK will have to offer after it gets updated with the new Dawnguard content. Once I see what's available, this will only get bigger from there.

This race will be incapable of vampirism, or of becoming Vampire Lords. There is no vampire variant (and a racial immunity from Sanguinaire Vampiris). They will however be capable of becoming werewolves. Don't worry, I have another mod on deck for later that covers the conflict from the vampire side :P but it has to wait since I don't know what the DLC is going to offer that can be used with custom race vampires.

Anyway, here's what I'm testing and building on right now:

Stygian001.jpg

Stygian002.jpg

Stygian003.jpg

Basically, these Stygian are a race of sun worshippers hell bent on stopping the vampires. This will be a Master Mode race (capable of jumping straight into Dawnguard content), so be prepared to jack up all the difficulty options on your current add-ons to the max :D

At this time I'm working on this exclusively, so I get a bit of a break before Dawnguard, to get some actual playtime in, and to playtest this mod at the same time :)

I'll be clearing out most of my other WIP threads as well, because I need the room on my crappy ISP webspace for the onslaught of pics I plan to throw out here as this progresses ;)

Does she have hooves? It kinda looks like that?

And do you want any presets, I found it quite fun to make them for the Guardian race. Though those I made kinda looked the same :)

-Edit-

Looked through the site, could not find a page dedicated to the stygian race but it seems to be an ancient Egypt kinda race (with no hooves) based on their classes.

Downloading Age of Conan now :P

And do you want any presets' date=' I found it quite fun to make them for the Guardian race. Though those I made kinda looked the same :)

-Edit-

Looked through the site, could not find a page dedicated to the stygian race but it seems to be an ancient Egypt kinda race (with no hooves) based on their classes.

[/quote']

LOL, sorry.... no hooves.

Those are the jester boots that 2pac converted back before Christmas :P

I separated that set out after someone else converted the body to BBP, and turned it into a light armor set, along with 2pacs wolf armor conversion :P

But try here if you want to know more about the races of AoC: http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_Conan_Wiki

The Stygian race is listed here: http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Stygian

But nevermind the lore behind the race. I'm more after the appearance and abilities. When I stopped playing and let my subscription lapse (before the game went F2P), my Stygian assassin was level 80 in near full tier 2 armor :D

Tortage Isle is a blast, and I've played through it many times. If this mod does well after Dawnguard, I may have to look into replicating that entire island (and maybe White Sands) for Skyrim :P

As far as presets for this race go, it might be easier for me to do them myself. I plan to dig up my AoC screenshots folder to try and replicate from. But if you decide to play around in AoC for a bit, post some pics of your AoC character here and I'll see what I can do :)

And do you want any presets' date=' I found it quite fun to make them for the Guardian race. Though those I made kinda looked the same :)

-Edit-

[/quote']

LOL, sorry.... no hooves.

Those are the jester boots that 2pac converted back before Christmas :P

I separated that set out after someone else converted the body to BBP, and turned it into a light armor set, along with 2pacs wolf armor conversion :P

But try here if you want to know more about the races of AoC: http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_Conan_Wiki

The Stygian race is listed here: http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Stygian

But nevermind the lore behind the race. I'm more after the appearance and abilities. When I stopped playing and let my subscription lapse (before the game went F2P), my Stygian assassin was level 80 in near full tier 2 armor :D

Tortage Isle is a blast, and I've played through it many times. If this mod does well after Dawnguard, I may have to look into replicating that entire island (and maybe White Sands) for Skyrim :P

As far as presets for this race go, it might be easier for me to do them myself. I plan to dig up my AoC screenshots folder to try and replicate from. But if you decide to play around in AoC for a bit, post some pics of your AoC character here and I'll see what I can do :)

There is not much left, as free to play you can only pick very little classes. for stygian only a demologist. you have practically no inventory. around 12 slots.

-And I don't think I'm of any help, i had my character almost like one of the presets-

There is not much left' date=' as free to play you can only pick very little classes. for stygian only a demologist. you have practically no inventory. around 12 slots.

-And I don't think I'm of any help, i had my character almost like one of the presets-

[/quote']

Yeah, it's pretty limited. I haven't played the free version yet, but I think I can use two of my existing characters on my old paid account as a free player. If not, I'll just re-sub for a month, and grab some fresh screenshots.

So I found my old AoC screenshots folder buried on my notebook drive:

AoCShot.jpg

The character in the top two is my Stygian assassin. The lower pic is a guild raid shot, depicting 3 of the 4 races (Khitan's were part of a later expansion). The overall style of Skyrim is very much like AoC. You could easily pass off the Cimmerian as Nord, Stygian as Redguard, and Aquilonian as Breton. Even much of the environment of Skyrim looks like it was ripped right out of AoC. From the forest foliage of the south, right up to the snowy region of the north.

Put a desert region in Skyrim, and you could almost call it "TESV Skyrim: The Hyborian Chronicles" :P

Archived