[DOA5LR] Kasumi Does Brad

Guest Gamjo

Guest Gamjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZt8V8143s

A Beach Paradise mod that allows the DOA5 ladies to experience the guys win moves. Not a full release, but a testing of the waters to see if there is any kind of interest for this. At present there is only a few moves for Kasumi, but if you would like this mod developed further please leave a comment below (and in the case of YouTube, a like)

F9 + 1 Brad Win Move 2
F9 + 2 Zack Win Move 1
F9 + 3 Zack Win Move 2
F9 + 4 Jann Lee Win Move 1
Guest Gamjo

Interesting, I have experimented the same in past but with the opposite : Female victory / lose motions to Males so it could be great to have more of these swap.

At least, I am interested.

Thank you for the feedback LG :) 

If you don't mind me asking, what method did you use to achieve your swaps?

I was extracting the motions from girls separately (hips, left and right hands) from their .mpm files as .cvs files then swapping these files into the male .mpm (any victory or lose motion work).

Also did the same with the camera file.

Surprisling, the motions was working perfectly, as if the game was automatically recalculating itself the new skeleton.

Depending of the motion you extract and the source you use to swap them, the loop will be less or more working fine (some micro second shifted before the restart of the loop).

I didn't tested yet but I suppose this method can also work with any motion, the only problem is win / lose poses are intended to be loopable so using a Private Paradise motion into win / lose could not work fine. But I have a doubt if it could work anyway, editing the loop frames part into something more longer, I don't know the maximum frames possible, maybe it's shorter than P.P. motions.

I will also be curious to know if you did the same with your swap.

To a side note, it's also possible to edit the duo victory motions into an "infinite" motions, as example it's possible to make pole dancing two characters from the duo victory poses by editing the motions data the same way.

Since we don't have males slots for Private Paradise yet I would like to have something for them in an alternative way in waiting.

I hope males won't be forgotten and hope that the beta files I saw from FallingCat .ini will be finalized (I saw Bass and GenFu prepared for an eventually P.P. motions slots).

If we get males P.P. slots it will be really interesting and I could say goodbye to manual swap from males to females to get some new motions with them using characters swap.

Ah and here is some old gif I have made when I made test motions swap test :

Raidou with Marie Rose lose motion :

giphy.gif

Raidou with infinite idle fight pose :

giphy.gif

-> The infinite Idle fight pose is possible to get by an uncompatible motion swap.

You can also make your own motion in Blender and export them as .cvs (hips, left and right hands into separated files), replace an existing .mpm data, adjust camera if need and tada.

But this method require a knowledge on animating with Blender.

In any case, glad to see someone interested in altering motions data, because when I started to investigate in that it was like no one was interested at all...

Guest Gamjo

Wow, thanks so much for all the info LG, that is a lot of useful information.

I am pretty much doing things the same way as you at the moment (going the blender route to export data as that seems more efficient for me in terms of work flow), but I am torn between using the Beach Paradise route for anims, or injecting anims into movie files. The only problem with the Beach Paradise route is that, as you say, there are no male MPM files. I too noticed though that the ini file from Falling Cat has male entries, so there is hope :) I had no idea though that you could change the duo victory motions to loop, I will have to play around with this!

Ideally, I really wish I knew the file format of the MPM files, so a lot of what we do could be automated. Decoding how MPM and Tdpack files work is a little bit of a dark art at the moment (at least, that is how it feels to me) :P I have also played around with creating fresh anims in Blender, with some partial success. I really wanted to bring new anims into the game, so started work on a BVH to DOA5 CSV conversion tool, it kind of worked, but still needs a lot (a lot) of work.

If I do get any of that stuff to work, I will be sure to share it with you. Once again LG, thank you for such a detailed response, it is much appreciated. I feel I have started a little late in the DOA5LR modding party, and still have a lot to learn.  

Love your work :)

A Beach Paradise mod that allows the DOA5 ladies to experience the guys win moves. Not a full release, but a testing of the waters to see if there is any kind of interest for this. At present there is only a few moves for Kasumi, but if you would like this mod developed further please leave a comment below (and in the case of YouTube, a like)

F9 + 1 Brad Win Move 2
F9 + 2 Zack Win Move 1
F9 + 3 Zack Win Move 2

This is awesome! I'd love to see more! 

Indeed, using Private Paradise motions are more confortable in the way of longer frames and editable .ini that create new motion instead of replace an existing one.

I rarely edited P.P. motions but I remember fixing a little part of HDM motions, the one sitting on the bed, I noticed this one had broken ending where the girl was scretched a lot (didn't checked if it was fixed with the new version) but in this motion I edited it fixing this ending movement and making a long loop version, where I tested many various lengh.

I don't remember exactly but I think I was able to extend the motion until 9000 frames or around (but I remember perfectly it was infinite loading after 10K frames) that make it long as 5 minutes almost.

Giving a large lengh to create a full custom motion or even a full dance.

I'm crossing fingers for males P.P. slots yes, I could get motivated to create a similar Beach Paradise Pack motions exclusively for males.

I'm not hoping a lot of attention for males but at least if we have just one slot I'll be happy.

Regarding Duo victory, it make sense if you think this way : When you win a fight as duo team the animation don't have end, it's working as a normal win / lose pose making the motion loopable but can be transformed into a long animation and the bonus is, ofc, having 2 characters in one time animated with possibility to give two differents motions to them (one pole dancing, one with shower scene as example).

Here come some interesting ideas, since we are on a pervert forum you feel what is coming? :D

Duo team motion could be exploited to create sex motions.

But here too, custom animation required.

Unless someone make a script for convert motions from another software to, at least, .cvs.

I've had some old project converting MMD motion for DOA but I'm not good making script or tools so my only option was to track the motion myself into Blender.

In any case, if a script or a tool appear that can help about motions and convert I'll be happy.

Another point, not a lot of person got attention but in case you are interested, the motion of fight move are also editable but more harder to make it working fine.

The Story Mode is also possible to extract and be edited but I didn't gave a lot of test here.

There are plenty of motion from Story Mode that we could use in win / lose or P.P. motions, I guess Holden made it already, just by thinking about the Gym motions it's obvious.

If you want to go even more far, not only the character motion can be edited but also object.

From stage, from story mode and anything that have .mpm data and is not a character.

It's how Harry Palmer made the ball swap with motion but ofc it's not only about .mpm for stage motion it require mesh and weight paint edit too.

Guest Gamjo

Here come some interesting ideas, since we are on a pervert forum you feel what is coming? :D

Duo team motion could be exploited to create sex motions.

But here too, custom animation required.

Is it wrong that this has already crossed my mind :D

I've had some old project converting MMD motion for DOA but I'm not good making script or tools so my only option was to track the motion myself into Blender.

In any case, if a script or a tool appear that can help about motions and convert I'll be happy.

I know nothing of MMD I'm afraid, are there many motions available? If you are interested, and still have your data and research, I am not too bad when it comes to coding. If MMD data was in an easily readable form, and a correlation between the points in a motion CSV file could be established, that is something I could code.

Guest GuachaLover23

Hmm so since u can make change to the Character Win Poses, i wanted to ask if it possible we can also change character stance, because i like Phase 4 Stance but i will like for it to be on Kasumi, is it possible or no

Well, MMD are using different bones names.

I guess a "simple" script that convert these names into DOA bones name could work, at least the basic armature.

As example MMD hips bone is named "Spine U1" and DOA "MOTO_Hips".

But I'm afraid MMD and DOA have also different axis rotations that mean it will also need an extra in the script to convert the axis if you don't want to manually fix it on the motion.

I never tried yet but I could rename a MMD armature into DOA bones inside MMD, then make a short motion using this armature to check if it can be reconized in DOA game.

Only problem with this method is if a MMD armature have different name it become uncompatible with universal MMD motion and will be used ONLY for custom motions.

Also another important point : MMD is using IK bones, where DOA aren't using them.

In MMD, a model without IK won't have the legs following motions and become a model mostly for pose only.

MMD is full of motions, dance, meme and sex motions.

Good plus for me where I'm mostly using MMD to create motion, if a script is available one day I could make them more easly than in Blender and will just need the script to convert them and inject into a .mpm file.

Skyrim game is actually using MMD motions to have new motions in their game.

Guest Gamjo

Well, MMD are using different bones names.

I guess a "simple" script that convert these names into DOA bones name could work, at least the basic armature.

As example MMD hips bone is named "Spine U1" and DOA "MOTO_Hips".

But I'm afraid MMD and DOA have also different axis rotations that mean it will also need an extra in the script to convert the axis if you don't want to manually fix it on the motion.

I never tried yet but I could rename a MMD armature into DOA bones inside MMD, then make a short motion using this armature to check if it can be reconized in DOA game.

Only problem with this method is if a MMD armature have different name it become uncompatible with universal MMD motion and will be used ONLY for custom motions.

Also another important point : MMD is using IK bones, where DOA aren't using them.

In MMD, a model without IK won't have the legs following motions and become a model mostly for pose only.

MMD is full of motions, dance, meme and sex motions.

Good plus for me where I'm mostly using MMD to create motion, if a script is available one day I could make them more easly than in Blender and will just need the script to convert them and inject into a .mpm file.

Skyrim game is actually using MMD motions to have new motions in their game.

Thank you for the info LG, that sounds like a lot of the issues I was having in trying to convert BVH files. Interesting though, it would be good to get some new animations into the game :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZt8V8143s

F9 + 1 Brad Win Move 2
F9 + 2 Zack Win Move 1
F9 + 3 Zack Win Move 2

This is actually pretty awesome!

F9 + 1 Brad Win Move 2
F9 + 2 Zack Win Move 1
F9 + 3 Zack Win Move 2

Awesome!

• 10 months later...

mudkip44, you don't have enough of your own?

On 12.05.2017 at 5:37 AM, shygaa said:
On 08.05.2017 at 2:42 PM, Gamjo said:

F9 + 1 Brad Win Move 2
F9 + 2 Zack Win Move 1
F9 + 3 Zack Win Move 2

Awesome!

maybe it's awesome, but the link is dead 

Does anyone still have the file? Can I take a look into this and check how he achieved?

When I swapped Marie's entry with Bass's tdpack, camera movement and body movement were exact same as Bass's one.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/46081-doa5lr-mod-videos/?do=findComment&comment=2199951

However, no facial expression, no lip sync, no voices(neither Marie's nor Bass's).

My humble guess is facial movement needs conversion, because such a function exists in Movie Data Tool(though between girls only.)

How can I let her speak (either Marie's or Bass's)??? I want to know but the file seems to gone...

• 2 years later...
On 5/9/2017 at 12:22 AM, LGMODS said:

I was extracting the motions from girls separately (hips, left and right hands) from their .mpm files as .cvs files then swapping these files into the male .mpm (any victory or lose motion work).

Also did the same with the camera file.

Surprisling, the motions was working perfectly, as if the game was automatically recalculating itself the new skeleton.

Depending of the motion you extract and the source you use to swap them, the loop will be less or more working fine (some micro second shifted before the restart of the loop).

I didn't tested yet but I suppose this method can also work with any motion, the only problem is win / lose poses are intended to be loopable so using a Private Paradise motion into win / lose could not work fine. But I have a doubt if it could work anyway, editing the loop frames part into something more longer, I don't know the maximum frames possible, maybe it's shorter than P.P. motions.

I will also be curious to know if you did the same with your swap.

To a side note, it's also possible to edit the duo victory motions into an "infinite" motions, as example it's possible to make pole dancing two characters from the duo victory poses by editing the motions data the same way.

Since we don't have males slots for Private Paradise yet I would like to have something for them in an alternative way in waiting.

I hope males won't be forgotten and hope that the beta files I saw from FallingCat .ini will be finalized (I saw Bass and GenFu prepared for an eventually P.P. motions slots).

If we get males P.P. slots it will be really interesting and I could say goodbye to manual swap from males to females to get some new motions with them using characters swap.

Ah and here is some old gif I have made when I made test motions swap test :

Raidou with Marie Rose lose motion :

giphy.gif

Raidou with infinite idle fight pose :

giphy.gif

-> The infinite Idle fight pose is possible to get by an uncompatible motion swap.

You can also make your own motion in Blender and export them as .cvs (hips, left and right hands into separated files), replace an existing .mpm data, adjust camera if need and tada.

But this method require a knowledge on animating with Blender.

In any case, glad to see someone interested in altering motions data, because when I started to investigate in that it was like no one was interested at all...

How did you switch Marie's performance into Bass's performance?Cheat Engine Pose Editor?
your was extracting the motions from girls separately (hips, left and right hands) from their .mpm files as .cvs files then swapping these files into the male .mpm (any victory or lose motion work).?

good luck!