The DayZ Discussion Thread

For those who don't know (I'd be surprised if you didn't), basically DayZ is a Multiplayer Open World Survival Horror Zombie Apocalypse mod for Arma 2. Since it's release, the mod has exploded in popularity and has even grabbed the attention of Bohemia Interactive (the guys who develop the Arma franchise). It is very hard, unforgiving and "hardcore" (god I hate that word). You make a character and choose a server to spawn in. Once you spawn in you must travel around the map looking for weapons, food, drinks, and other resources in order to survive. Servers host up to 50 players (I think) and PVP is global. Perma-Death is also a central feature. There is no "endgame" or way to win, you just see how long your character can survive before they die.

For more info, I'd check some videos on youtube or visit their website linked above.

So, discuss anything DayZ! Your thoughts, questions, or even your stories and experiences. I'm interested to hear them!

Guest Lady Luck

For those who don't know (I'd be surprised if you didn't)' date=' basically DayZ is a Multiplayer Open World Survival Horror Zombie Apocalypse mod for Arma 2. Since it's release, the mod has exploded in popularity and has even grabbed the attention of Bohemia Interactive (the guys who develop the Arma franchise). It is very hard, unforgiving and "hardcore" (god I hate that word). You make a character and choose a server to spawn in. Once you spawn in you must travel around the map looking for weapons, food, drinks, and other resources in order to survive. Servers host up to 50 players (I think) and PVP is global. Perma-Death is also a central feature. There is no "endgame" or way to win, you just see how long your character can survive before they die.

For more info, I'd check some videos on youtube or visit their website linked above.

So, discuss anything DayZ! Your thoughts, questions, or even your stories and experiences. I'm interested to hear them!

[/quote']

lol i know this game it's not that bad , actually its better i like the game so far what they did simple zombie game thats what we want. :)

lol i know this game it's not that bad ' date=' actually its better i like the game so far what they did simple zombie game thats what we want. :)

[/quote']

I wouldn't exactly call it a simple zombie game. I mean, the game is more about scavenging and living off of what you can find. Killing zombies is not the focus of the game. Plus zombies aren't even the biggest threat, it's the other players. Ever been killed by a sniper in a ghillie suit while looting Stary Sobor or shot in the back by some guy you teamed up with after finding a gun? Yeah, Story of my life right there.

And to everyone in general: What are your thoughts on the recent updates? Do you like or dislike spawning with no gun now or not? And do you also like the fact that zombies can detect you easier but you can lose them now?

• 6 months later...

I have yet to play DayZ, but after watching some of these videos (linked below) ... I don't know if what the uploader experienced is worse than what the in-game norms (rants, backstabbers, etc.) are to everyone else... Although, I just stumbled on these videos a few weeks ago ... some of you might have already seen these before. I found them rather entertaining and beyond psycho / creepy at the same time. Hope you all enjoy!

Background:

According to what YouTube uploader NormalDifficulty experienced (thus far), the so-called psychopath "stream snipes" his messages online then terrorizes him in-game.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

YouTube - DayZ Psychopath Part 5 ???

Archived