Texture distorted on female body

I recently installed the ZKEC version of the HGEC bodies and I ran into a problem that I haven't seen before--the nude version of the ZKEC-TGND upper body appears to have the wrong texture, like it is somehow defaulting to the vanilla body texture even though I have supplied one with the correct UV mapping.

What I've checked so far:

• All texture paths are correct as far as I can tell
  • The upper body texture displays correctly in nifSkope and Blender, just not in game
  • The underwear versions, which use the same upper body mesh as the nude version, display the skin texture correctly in the game
  • I'm using wrye bash, so archive invalidation should not be an issue
  • I tried re-parenting the mesh to the skeleton in blender, to no effect
  • If I hack one of the underwear versions in nifskope and remove the underwear block, the upper body appears correctly (and obviously nude) in game

So, worst case is that I can work around this problem by hacking one of the underwear versions, but now I'm really curious as to what is going wrong. All I can figure is that there is something wrong with the nude mesh that is causing the game engine to screw up the texturing, but I can't for the life of me figure out what.

Has anyone ever run into this, or a similar problem before?

I recently installed the ZKEC version of the HGEC bodies and I ran into a problem that I haven't seen before--the nude version of the ZKEC-TGND upper body appears to have the wrong texture' date=' like it is somehow defaulting to the vanilla body texture even though I have supplied one with the correct UV mapping.

What I've checked so far:

[list']

[*]All texture paths are correct as far as I can tell

[*]The upper body texture displays correctly in nifSkope and Blender, just not in game

[*]The underwear versions, which use the same upper body mesh as the nude version, display the skin texture correctly in the game

[*]I'm using wrye bash, so archive invalidation should not be an issue

[*]I tried re-parenting the mesh to the skeleton in blender, to no effect

[*]If I hack one of the underwear versions in nifskope and remove the underwear block, the upper body appears correctly (and obviously nude) in game

So, worst case is that I can work around this problem by hacking one of the underwear versions, but now I'm really curious as to what is going wrong. All I can figure is that there is something wrong with the nude mesh that is causing the game engine to screw up the texturing, but I can't for the life of me figure out what.

Has anyone ever run into this, or a similar problem before?

Check that the mesh path does NOT have program files or data or any of that. It should be textures\ blah blah blah. This is a common mistake made by mod makers in that they specify a mesh path that works for them but not for anyone else.

Worst case if you can't fix it just zip the mesh up and send post it here and I will take a look at it. Even better shoot me a link and I will check it out. May not have time until tomorrow however.

Here's some screenshots of what's going on.

Skin texture as it appears in game:

post-20327-13597881378954_thumb.png

Skin texture as it appears if you try to use the default vanilla texture with this body mesh (for reference)

[attachment=12775]

Remember that not all bodies can use all textures (you probably already know that). Are you sure you don't have a rouge texture that got installed and overwrote the one you needed.

As to Archive invalidation and Wrye. I would NOT trust that this is the case (wrye handling it automatically). Archive invalidate using OBMM and the redirection method to be certain it is not something simple that is causing the fuss.

Found it, with the help of the author. Turns out the mesh was named incorrectly. I went into Nifskops and changed NiTriShape -> Name to Foot:Body and it fixed the problem. I'm not clear on exactly what this does, but it fixes the problem.

Thanks for the heads up on OBMM BSA redirection, I'll keep that in mind.

Archived