How to properly edit NPC faces and hair with Face Ripper ?

Bloodfang

Hello guys !

It seems I'm doing something wrong with Face Ripper lately.

I've been trying to modify 2 companions : Cait and Heather from Llama's mod. In both case I first used my PC to get the looks I wanted, saved, then used Face Ripper to transfer the face.

In both cases, the hairstyle and anything related to a mod won't show up. They get instead some random vanilla shit.

Is there any particuliar step to follow to make the custom mods work on the face transfer? I trully do not understand why it wouldn't work.

Thanks for the help

Hello guys !

I've been trying to modify 2 companions : Cait and Heather from Llama's mod. In both case I first used my PC to get the looks I wanted, saved, then used Face Ripper to transfer the face.

In both cases, the hairstyle and anything related to a mod won't show up. They get instead some random vanilla shit.

Is there any particuliar step to follow to make the custom mods work on the face transfer? I trully do not understand why it wouldn't work.

Thanks for the help

If you are simply modifying from one NPC in game to another use Showlooksmenu then face ripper.

Note: save your characters face to reuse later first

Open the console, click the NPC you want to copy, showlooksmenu ID#  (ID# is the id of the npc), in the preset tab, press X to save the preset of the NPC, close showlooksmenu.  Open showlooksmenu 14 (that's your character), open the presets tab, find the saved face, open it and apply to your character. Close showlooksmenu, save game, exit game.

Then use face ripper to copy player 7 from the save game (this has the look from the NPC in game), to your file.

If the NPC you're trying to copy has mods, those mods need to be attached to your transfer file prior to using face ripper. It's documented with the mod.

One way to do this would be to use FO4EDIT, create a new blank .esp file, add the mods (.esp name to the file header section) that the NPC you want to copy has, then use face ripper transferring to this new .esp file.  Or do this directly to the mod .esp file you want to alter.

Hello guys !

Thanks for the help

If you are simply modifying from one NPC in game to another use Showlooksmenu then face ripper.

Note: save your characters face to reuse later first

Open the console, click the NPC you want to copy, showlooksmenu ID#  (ID# is the id of the npc), in the preset tab, press X to save the preset of the NPC, close showlooksmenu.  Open showlooksmenu 14 (that's your character), open the presets tab, find the saved face, open it and apply to your character. Close showlooksmenu, save game, exit game.

Then use face ripper to copy player 7 from the save game (this has the look from the NPC in game), to your file.

If the NPC you're trying to copy has mods, those mods need to be attached to your transfer file prior to using face ripper. It's documented with the mod.

One way to do this would be to use FO4EDIT, create a new blank .esp file, add the mods (.esp name to the file header section) that the NPC you want to copy has, then use face ripper transferring to this new .esp file.  Or do this directly to the mod .esp file you want to alter.

Thanks, I managed to get it working for Cait and Heather. It was just me being silly and not adding the master files to the original .esp files before face rippin'.

Thanks again for pointing that out :)

I'm good to go for a new game now !

Archived