Is there a program where I can optimize particle effects?

Guest marieruth

Guest marieruth

I'm not a mod maker, but I wanted to enjoy a magic pack mod so it can run on my machine a little smoother/stabler (I have been using Low Res Particles And Flora I believe it's called - which has been lovely). I wanted to try and optimize Apocalypse.

I normally use Ordenador for optimizing textures, but I think particle effects are usually nif or kf files? I used Nifskope in the past, but only for Fallout: NV related stuff. And even then, I still somehow didn't do everything right.

Ordenador has the meshes option grayed and I checked the changelog so it never really got finished, does anyone know of a program or thing that could help me try to reduce the side of particles, compress them, or however the process goes?

Particles in Skyrim can be done in two ways:

One is directly inside the NIF. In this case, you can try to reduce the amount of particle emitted in the "CylinderEmitter".

Another type of particles (that work in a very similar way) is for the Magic Effects, to alter this you need to edit the mod (or directly Skyrim) that is creating the Magic Effect (or the Effect Shader.)

Guest marieruth

Particles in Skyrim can be done in two ways:

One is directly inside the NIF. In this case, you can try to reduce the amount of particle emitted in the "CylinderEmitter".

Another type of particles (that work in a very similar way) is for the Magic Effects, to alter this you need to edit the mod (or directly Skyrim) that is creating the Magic Effect (or the Effect Shader.)

Will editing the magic effect through the Creation Kit not have an impact on the game running, though? Since I'm not directly changing the file wouldn't it just be the same size except shrunk in-game?

Altering the visual effects (particles) of Magic Effects and Effect Shaders has zero impacts on the game. They are just visual effects.

Now, if you are altering a magic effect from the vanilla game (Skyrim.esm or any DLC) then you need to create a small mod to do it. You cannot really change the base game directly.

With altered particle effects:

1) no gameplay changes, same game

2) visual effect altered (for only the items you are changing)

Archived