(WIP) The Guardians - a custom fantasy race - by Trykz and ???

2vwz8rl.jpg

If it all works correctly the savefile should be attached (and be the correct savefile) Never converted anything to a rar thingy before.

It might look kinda weird but I have some weird problems with shadows that should not be there but still are.

2vwz8rl.jpg

If it all works correctly the savefile should be attached (and be the correct savefile) Never converted anything to a rar thingy before.

It might look kinda weird but I have some weird problems with shadows that should not be there but still are.

Nice.....

worked perfectly, and it replaces Preset06 :D

Aaand another redguard chick.

Aura

scaled.php?server=339&filename=scrsgolda.jpg&res=landing

Sweet.

And this one will fill out the female presets. But keep them coming in my other thread here. I'm sure I'll fit them into upcoming race mods :)

I have 4 males set up and about to have a look at them in the racemenu. So keep the dudes coming in this thread for a bit. I have a few things to do in the CK to get the racial fine tuned, so I can import them then.

As of right now, the racial is applied through the console, and the power is set up to trigger at will (for testing purposes only). So I need to sort those to apply at character creation (and in their proper, intended forms). Barring any problems, this should be ready by around midnight tonight.

Any other year, this would be waiting until tomorrow night to release. Why?

Because today is my birthday. And every few years or so, my birthday falls on Friday the 13th

So tonight, I stay my ass at home and get peacefully drunk with some friends :P

Well' date=' happy birthday then! :)

You did notice all the dudes I added to my last post in the other thread? The last one is redguard too, but I didn't want to post him two times.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=9702&pid=197590#pid197590

[/quote']

And I used Raik when I set up the first 4 presets. He might be a bit hard to recognize, since he's bulkier and a bit less "happy looking" now LOL

Big thanks Kraxon. I used a couple of your girls as well, which saved a shit-ton of time when added to the others I used from saves posted here and in the other thread.

Well, back to the CK I go. I'm going to add a few brighter colors to the warpaint palette so they show up better on the lighter skintones.

BBIAB

Nice work guys.....

I only need one more male (with those Kraxon posted), so I'll sort him when I get home from dinner (the wife thinks it's a surprise LOL).

Also, I may need to forego the racial and ability for a few days. Apparently, Bethesda has fucked up something in the CK (ooh.... what a shocker, eh?), and I can't get ANY spell, racial, or ability to stick on the actor form (not even vanilla stuff which is never a problem). I can still release this tonight (I'll jack up their stats to compensate for now), and up an .esp patch to add the extras and reset the stats to normal in a few days after they pull their heads out of their asses and sort the issue...... again :P

BBIAB

Nice work guys.....

I only need one more male (with those Kraxon posted)' date=' so I'll sort him when I get home from dinner (the wife thinks it's a surprise LOL).

Also, I may need to forego the racial and ability for a few days. Apparently, Bethesda has fucked up something in the CK (ooh.... what a shocker, eh?), and I can't get ANY spell, racial, or ability to stick on the actor form (not even vanilla stuff which is never a problem). I can still release this tonight (I'll jack up their stats to compensate for now), and up an .esp patch to add the extras and reset the stats to normal in a few days after they pull their heads out of their asses and sort the issue...... again :P

BBIAB

[/quote']

You work too fast. I'm still playing the frost elf :P Now I'm gonna have to make a new char with your new race and put the frost elf on hold. DANGIT. CHOICES!!!

Nice work guys.....

I only need one more male (with those Kraxon posted)' date=' so I'll sort him when I get home from dinner (the wife thinks it's a surprise LOL).

BBIAB

[/quote']

You work too fast. I'm still playing the frost elf :P Now I'm gonna have to make a new char with your new race and put the frost elf on hold. DANGIT. CHOICES!!!

LOL.....

finished and uploaded here.

I have a problem with the hands :(

14lo4t1.jpg

And are the presets already in it' date=' I couldn't really find those I saw here?

Also sad smiley :( looks way too angry

[/quote']

Grab the handfix attachment from the mod post..... that's what happens when I package mods up while half drunk LOL

I swapped out the body texture last night and forgot to swap in the matching hands :P

And from those 10 presets, you couldn't find anything you liked? I hope you weren't expecting the Apachii hairs and all that shit to be included. Idiots add requirements like that to a race mod, usually to include some stupid follower with the race instead of creating a separate mod for it.

Including hairs for each preset would have made the mod bigger than it needs to be. It's pretty pointless to include them in a race mod, because most people already have them anyway.

So.....

I spent a bit today looking over saved game characters some of you upped for me. There were quite a few drop-dead gorgeous babes (even without their eyes or hair LOL). However' date=' I'm looking more for a pretty exacting combination of soft and beautiful, while also strong and hearty in their appearances.

This ain't no Temptresses. These are good looking bad-ass bitches who need to look the part. I'm still not 100% satisfied, but this is where I'm at right now:

So keep those saves coming if you got 'em. The last three (and a couple others) are basically what I'm looking for. Importing a new face is cake. So replacing a few of what you see here is quick and easy.

I still need males though. I want this out to you guys by tomorrow night sometime, so get 'em posted as soon as you can.

I have about half-a-day of work finishing up the racials, abilities, and effects, so it'll likely be pretty late when I drop this into my MediaFire, but it should be ready before midnight.

silly question, but, what's the hair mod that gives you the hair in the very first screen in that little selection? i know i've seen it before and its bugging me that i can't think of WHERE its from.

help pl0x. i am dumb.

So.....

I spent a bit today looking over saved game characters some of you upped for me. There were quite a few drop-dead gorgeous babes (even without their eyes or hair LOL). However' date=' I'm looking more for a pretty exacting combination of soft and beautiful, while also strong and hearty in their appearances.

This ain't no Temptresses. These are good looking bad-ass bitches who need to look the part. I'm still not 100% satisfied, but this is where I'm at right now:

So keep those saves coming if you got 'em. The last three (and a couple others) are basically what I'm looking for. Importing a new face is cake. So replacing a few of what you see here is quick and easy.

I still need males though. I want this out to you guys by tomorrow night sometime, so get 'em posted as soon as you can.

I have about half-a-day of work finishing up the racials, abilities, and effects, so it'll likely be pretty late when I drop this into my MediaFire, but it should be ready before midnight.

silly question, but, what's the hair mod that gives you the hair in the very first screen in that little selection? i know i've seen it before and its bugging me that i can't think of WHERE its from.

help pl0x. i am dumb.

I think it's from the crazy hair pack, which existed but seems to be removed from nexus

but http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18110 included it I think

Hmm, it seems I'm gonna sit this one out. Personal preferences and stuff. And I fell in love with my redguard char, so i made her a redguard preset and going to start from the beginning with her. :)

Still I appreciate you making Skyrim better for hundreds, maybe thousands of people.

And I did like the presets, I just couldn't recognize them.

Hmm' date=' it seems I'm gonna sit this one out. Personal preferences and stuff. And I fell in love with my redguard char, so i made her a redguard preset and going to start from the beginning with her. :)

Still I appreciate you making Skyrim better for hundreds, maybe thousands of people.

[/quote']

That's fine. I don't expect that everyone will like every race I put out :D

Different strokes for different folks. But if you read back a few of my posts, I'm pretty sure I made it quite clear that this wasn't going to be "Temptresses redone". Skyrim has more than it's fair share of beauty queen races, many of my own included. So this time I wanted something a bit more fitting to the environment and content. Not the hard-line lorehound shit, but certainly on that side of the line.

When most everything takes on a familiar form, it gets hard to find the stuff that stands out from the rest. Everything starts to look the same. I actually have a race on deck that's derived from the Orcs with a heavy tribal style to it.

I'm working on a method that allows for the use of individual presets to provide variation in body/face tattoos using a paint layer. If I can make it work, it'll be a huge turning point in the way I create some of my future stuff.

Hmm' date=' it seems I'm gonna sit this one out. Personal preferences and stuff. And I fell in love with my redguard char, so i made her a redguard preset and going to start from the beginning with her. :)

[/quote']

That's fine. I don't expect that everyone will like every race I put out :D

Different strokes for different folks. But if you read back a few of my posts, I'm pretty sure I made it quite clear that this wasn't going to be "Temptresses redone". Skyrim has more than it's fair share of beauty queen races, many of my own included. So this time I wanted something a bit more fitting to the environment and content. Not the hard-line lorehound shit, but certainly on that side of the line.

When most everything takes on a familiar form, it gets hard to find the stuff that stands out from the rest. Everything starts to look the same. I actually have a race on deck that's derived from the Orcs with a heavy tribal style to it.

I'm working on a method that allows for the use of individual presets to provide variation in body/face tattoos using a paint layer. If I can make it work, it'll be a huge turning point in the way I create some of my future stuff.

I'm not against muscular bodies, variation is great, but for me the problem is that faces are really beautiful with makeup and stuff and the bodies are the (complete) opposite. That just doesn't work well in my personal opinion.

I'm kinda interested in the Tribal race though, and of course the draconis race.

And I don't really get the individual presets paint and stuff. But do you mean that we could combine the current facepaints together.

So that a face couldhave Facepaint 1 + facepaint 2 on it? That sounds nice, technical but nice :D

And I don't really get the individual presets paint and stuff. But do you mean that we could combine the current facepaints together.

So that a face couldhave Facepaint 1 + facepaint 2 on it? That sounds nice' date=' technical but nice :D[/quote']

Not exactly.

What I'm working on is for both the face AND body, to allow a single race to use up to 10 different face/body tattoo presets. Essentially, it's like warpaint for the body and not just the face :)

It requires a lot of duplication of existing effects that occur to the character body as you play the game, by re-inventing what that effect actually does. Think of it this way:

when you fight an npc that uses a frost ability against you, your character's body and face are covered with that frost texture for a timed duration. What I'm attempting uses the same concept, except the frost texture is replaced with a tattoo texture, and the timer is removed so it stays applied all the time.... like a permanent tattooed body texture :D

But it's quite a ways off before I'll have anything finalized as a usable mod.

So that a face couldhave Facepaint 1 + facepaint 2 on it? That sounds nice' date=' technical but nice :D[/quote']

Not exactly.

What I'm working on is for both the face AND body, to allow a single race to use up to 10 different face/body tattoo presets. Essentially, it's like warpaint for the body and not just the face :)

It requires a lot of duplication of existing effects that occur to the character body as you play the game, by re-inventing what that effect actually does. Think of it this way:

when you fight an npc that uses a frost ability against you, your character's body and face are covered with that frost texture for a timed duration. What I'm attempting uses the same concept, except the frost texture is replaced with a tattoo texture, and the timer is removed so it stays applied all the time.... like a permanent tattooed body texture :D

But it's quite a ways off before I'll have anything finalized as a usable mod.

Sounds interesting, would this only work for tatoos or could this also be done with scars? (which would fit this race quite well)