sexlab - no animation on partner

so whenever i execute an animation , the other party just stands there not in a t-pose but idle position

my player plays its animation just fine though.

this happens alot of times when doing it on bed even D:

Well the first thing to try of course is to rerun FNIS but I'm betting you did that already. Does it happen all of the time or just most of the time? If you stat a new game does it happen less often then on an older save? If the problem happens only some of the time and less often on new games then it's probably a performance issue rather then an animation issue. Are you using the SKSE.ini file, this makes a big difference in the stability of my game.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the first thing to try of course is to rerun FNIS but I'm betting you did that already. Does it happen all of the time or just most of the time? If you stat a new game does it happen less often then on an older save? If the problem happens only some of the time and less often on new games then it's probably a performance issue rather then an animation issue. Are you using the SKSE.ini file, this makes a big difference in the stability of my game.

reran fnis alot of times since my char is performing the animation i believe its not an fnis issue.

happens 9/10 times , tried only on new games (loading from a previous alternate start saves , will test new game soon)

and i believe i am using the skse.ini which i dont think is necessary because i am on a 2 core proc with 4 gigs of ram.

I would definitely make sure your using the skse.ini file as it's more about memory management then size plus it has other stability tweaks as well.

I have a feeling that your issue is a problem of performance rather then a mod set up issue. I do believe their are some good guides on setting up Skyrim to run on lower end machines. While I know you probably have no issue running vanilla Skyrim, mods can quickly bloat GPU, CPU and memory usage far beyond what the vanilla game needs. You may want to stick to your core game play mods and avoid script heavy mods as much as you can. Does your HD activity light blink the whole time your playing? If so then you may have run out of system memory and the game is using virtual memory off the HD which will totally kill your performance. Or you may just be running more scripts then the game engine can really handle in which case you just need to cut some mods out. You could try doing a Bash Patch but honestly I haven't done one of those in years.

Sorry to only give you some vague ideas to try but I thought that would be better then leaving you hanging. Good luck.

Archived