Doa5 LR bump/normal map sizes and tmcmesh help.

doa5casual

having some problems, when viewed with texture tool it shows 1024x1024 but when I extract it, it becomes 1024x2048. I was trying to modify the map but I cannot swap it back because of the size difference giving it a weird look because UV map is out of place. I also try cropping it back to 1024x1024 but then it just looks all wrong ingame. can someone please explain to me how this is done properly or which tool to use, never had any problems with the diffuse but the bump/normal is a mystery to me. also how do I remove seams on tmcmesh, when I import the nude bodies into blender there are lots of seams and removing doubles ruins the entire mesh. thanks for reading, would like to make some progress if anyone can help.

My TMC/OBJ Converter & Post Processing Tool provides an easy way to fix seams, normal and tangent vectors.  A short tutorial on what normal vectors are and why they are important and how to use the tool to easily correct them here

thanks Timmy, Ill check it out but also another question... how come the model becomes shiny ingame after swapping tmcmesh, what am i missing? i extract tmcmesh then import to blender for edit then export back and swap using LR Photo studio.

Archived