CTD's when going through doors or entering caves :(

sophiextime

Hi.

I am having an issue with CTD's when ever i go into a building or cave. It seems to mostly happen when entering a building or cave etc and i dont think as much when i leave one, although it has happened then too.

I am not sure whats doing this. I dont have any mods that create open towns or cities etc. I do run a mod called Animations that just adds a opening door animation where my player reaches forward as if to open a door, then i enter. This mod does work as when ever i go in or out of something it animates ok.

The entering CTD's dont happen on every occasion but it is happening a lot and always seems to be the reason i CTD.

Any help please?

I had the same in Fallout 4 in some places, because of a shadow mod(or fog/lights). Try fiddling with the shadows a bit; next, if that doesn't work, I would try to uninstall some textures or move the installation to a SSD if you have one.

Ofcourse you have installed the unofficial patch for Skyrim also :D which eliminates a LOT of shit from happening.

Archived