(Conan Exiles)[Fallen Gaming] Ashen Wastes - Strictly RP (ERP allowed)

Glitchscatter

Wiped 3/23/2017 (Wipes are on a required basis only)

Hello, everyone! I'm the co-owner of a new Conan Exiles rp server! 

We have been searching high and low for a server that remained dedicated to the long-winded posters who valued details and story over pvp but to no avail. Thanks to a recent update that fixed the chat scrolling, it is once again possible to throw out large posts so we figured it a great time to set up our own server. 

This is a modded server, the mods ranging from simple quality of life to the lewd and crude for the dedicated perverts. If any of you are interested in modding (or have modded for the game already) we welcome your creations and would love to have them a part of our server, given they are lore friendly that is.

As Conan was always heavily themed around genital jousting we are fully behind (pun intended) and accepting of the darker themed roleplay that accompanies the lore. 

That being said, here is a quick overview of what to expect:

Application and joining the discord is a MUST, we want a healthy environment for our roleplay but we also want to get to know you and your character! 

Maturity! I can't stress this enough, ever. We are not ones that tolerate drama/fighting/bitching/flaming unless it is strictly in character. We are all adults here and need to act accordingly! Let's keep the rowdy bad-mouthing to the barbaric characters, yeah?

Active Staff! Myself and the two others have jobs, and we can't be on 24/7 but you can expect to see us around daily.

(if you have an interest in becoming a moderator there are many opportunities to do so.)

PVP is entirely based on consequences of RP. There will be no random raids, ever. We have a more detailed set of rules on the matter in our discord and on our enjin page. We are firm believers that IC actions lead to IC consequences.

A voice! Yes, we paid for the server, but that doesn't mean we're completely shut off to innovative and creative ideas to help the community thrive. We want everyone to be a part of this. While not everyone will get what they want, we can't realistically please everyone.

No in-game voice chat! Roleplay is to be conducted through the medium of text. Think of it as an interactive book that you and others write together.

PVP or PVE status. We understand that preferences can vary, so we welcome both sides of the community. You are able to (with notification) be labelled as a pvp'er or a pve'er. You can apply to switch between the two as well.

This is a new server, and with it comes the glaring issue of finding dedicated and active members. Sometimes there will be a large downtime where you are one among very few, if any at all. We ask that you bear with us for a while as we are doing our best to remedy the situation.

-------------------------- LORE --------------------------

So we do things a bit differently than the standard lore for Conan Exiles. A different take if you will.

The term Exile holds new meaning in the Ashen Wastes. While the map of Hyboria is represented here, it is not the map you can expect it to be. Our server exists in another realm, a realm of the banished if you will. The bracelet, on your character's wrist, binds you to our realm and holds your body and soul in the Ashen Wastes, a place of limbo. It exists as a clone to the world of Hyboria, ruled over by the same gods found in Conan Exiles. (Perhaps the full pantheon, depending on what mods become available). In the wastes, the lands are ruled over by the unfortunate few that have been banished here, and are strong enough to lay claim to, and hold the lands you will come across. The thralls scattered across our realm, may or may not be human, or even alive as we know it. There are many ways to reach the realm of Ash, most of them not the most wholesome. Many of the more devout followers have a way to traverse into our limbo, but one thing remains true for all who enter. None may ever leave without paying their penance to the Gods. This is their realm, their prison. None may leave without the consent of their Wardens. Few of which, have ever made themselves known to anyone.

If one ever did manage to achieve their penance, then and only then would a Warden remove the bracelet, and allow them to return to the world of Hyboria. For most, they will spend the remainder of their days fighting to survive in the harsh world here. They will live and die right here. Their corpses joining the myriad of others who have died in the wastes. Sun bleached bones left to be found by future exiles banished to our realm.

This is not a place of kindness. The Ashen Wastes are harsh, unforgiving, and will kill you at any sign of weakness. Some whisper the wastes themselves are alive, and hunger for the life of those exiled into its domain. Many of the newer ones seek to escape. They find out the hard way. No matter which direction you travel, no matter how far, you cannot escape. There is no fleeing your sentence, Exile. Welcome, to the Ashen Wastes. Welcome, to damnation.

-------------------------- MODS --------------------------

NONE

(Issues and errors due to last patch had forced a wipe, will be adding mods once they are more reliable)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please visit us on our discord and website for further information!

Discord: https://discord.gg/qCahW5D

----------------------------------------------------

I am new to this site and have never applied for a guild before, may I ask why you would need to know my Steam name?

We need to know your steam name so we know who you are in-game. If a griefer hit the server it is easier to differentiate between the players and the ones we need to remove. Anyone could have the same character name but steam IDs are impossible to hide and if bans are required I can remove the problematic players without hassle. :)

Was on board until I saw you needed a discord. I'm already usually in one, so that's a dealbreaker. Sorry!

You can be in many different discords without leaving them. The discord is to ensure everyone stays up-to-date on rules/changes/etc. you are not required to speak. :) 

Being "early access" peeps hosting a server should consider what I call "skyrim settings". Basically you level to maximum in a few minutes (maxing level is closest thing to to level scaling in skyrim). Set durability to very high, food hunger very low, no ownership, yada, yada... Hitting max level mitigates the equipment/stucture grind, letting you run around nude without being murdered for lack of gear-grind mechanics.

Basically set server so the game is non-grind and more adventure based. This is how a server overcomes the destructive nature of 'server wipes' in an early access grind-centric game. Peeps will feel less invested in grind and more invested in the friendships they make on a server. 

Another good option is to build a simple mod with pre-build 'no-ownership' structures/towns that peeps can share and build upon during early access. Make grind less relevant by making adventure and role-play more energetic. Server admin can do this without a mod, just have a 'barn raising' one evening, after these inevitable wipes, handing out materials and doing a bit of architectural planning (ownership-off).

This grind mechanic is a huge oversight by Funcom, I warned them early about this; player's time investment being constantly wiped, would destroy their fanbase. Basically, better to build friendships and community, than build stuff. Besides, more fun to adventure, rp, ect than grinding the way funcom has set up their faulty defaults.

settings to consider:

[serverSettings]

NoOwnership=true

NPCRespawnMultiplier=20.000000

PlayerDamageMultiplier=1.500000

NPCDamageMultiplier=1.500000

PlayerXPRateMultiplier=100.000000
PlayerXPKillMultiplier=100.000000
PlayerXPHarvestMultiplier=100.000000
PlayerXPCraftMultiplier=100.000000
PlayerXPTimeMultiplier=100.000000

PlayerIdleHungerMultiplier=0.0100000
PlayerIdleThirstMultiplier=0.0100000

DogsOfTheDesertSpawnWithDogs=True

MaxAggroRange=1500.000000

DurabilityMultiplier=0.010000
ShieldDurabilityMultiplier=0.500000

PlayerActiveThirstMultiplier=0.100000
PlayerActiveHungerMultiplier=0.100000

DayCycleSpeedScale=0.700000
DayTimeSpeedScale=0.300000
NightTimeSpeedScale=5.000000
DawnDuskSpeedScale=0.300000

ItemSpoilRateScale=0.100000

HarvestAmountMultiplier=1.500000
ResourceRespawnSpeedMultiplier=0.500000

Hi everyone, I am currently attempting to work on mods in Conan Exiles Dev kit. I am a bit rusty at this stuff and I am using DAZ Studio and Blender for various projects. I seen a Skimpy Craftable Armor Set that was done on here and was wondering if someone could help me to get it working in update 22 for Conan. As of the new update, all feature table were changed and there are no longer dependencies associated with it. Individual .pak file compression is now used also somehow in uploading to servers. Anyways, I am looking for someone who could import the .fbx files from the source and get them up and running. I don't know of anyway to take the folders he gives that would be in the dev kit and put them in already done and then I could just update them maybe?

Archived