Equipable Stockings for CBBE

• 11 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 8:58 PM, Anunya said:

So I've installed YPS immersive fashion SSE and it says equippable stockings probably works.

I have slavetats installed an working. I've also installed equippable stockings. Using the Nylons (new) item (or the equivalent from YPS) I get the pop-up that asks me what style and colour I'd like... but nothing shows up on my character.

Has anyone gotten this mod to work on SSE? Are there any special steps to take to make it work?

Thank you!

Did you figure this out eventually? I'm still having the same issue.

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2024 at 1:40 AM, gargamel9 said:

Did you figure this out eventually? I'm still having the same issue.

I just tested this, seems to work fine. You just need to either wait for a moment or go into inventory and back. The stockings are applied via Slavetats overlay, so you need to have a free overlay slot for it to work. I also checked the slot usage. Inventory item uses slot 61, so it shouldn't conflict with anything regular, be it DD or other pieces of apparel.

Edited by belegost
2 hours ago, belegost said:

I just tested this, seems to work fine. You just need to either wait for a moment or go into inventory and back. The stockings are applied via Slavetats overlay, so you need to have a free overlay slot for it to work. I also checked the slot usage. Inventory item uses slot 61, so it shouldn't conflict with anything regular, be it DD or other pieces of apparel.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, neither waiting nor going into and out of the inventory, any number of times, doesn't resolve the issue for me. But it's good to know about the overlay number. Will check it out at the next opportunity. 

On 3/29/2024 at 5:29 PM, gargamel9 said:

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, neither waiting nor going into and out of the inventory, any number of times, doesn't resolve the issue for me. But it's good to know about the overlay number. Will check it out at the next opportunity. 

Okay, this is weird but it stopped working for me now, heh.

I initially tested it standalone as a prelude to Immersive Fashion and it was as I described. Got IF, still worked fine. Ditched IF because ultimately it was not my cup of tea and now I have the same issue as you do. I can see that SlaveTats is working when I equip the inventory item, but no overlays show up. Damn you Skyrim, 12 years and you still weird.

On 4/2/2024 at 12:04 PM, belegost said:

Okay, this is weird but it stopped working for me now, heh.

I initially tested it standalone as a prelude to Immersive Fashion and it was as I described. Got IF, still worked fine. Ditched IF because ultimately it was not my cup of tea and now I have the same issue as you do. I can see that SlaveTats is working when I equip the inventory item, but no overlays show up. Damn you Skyrim, 12 years and you still weird.

I think I had the issue even before installing IF. Same as you, a SlaveTats tracer message appears, but nothing happens. I'm trying to tinker with making my own version, but I struggle with Outfit Studio (I want to use Outfit Studio to create the reinforced tips which would then clip into the foot, seamlessly transitioning in the overlay. I wonder why no one ever tried this before...

17 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

I think I had the issue even before installing IF. Same as you, a SlaveTats tracer message appears, but nothing happens. I'm trying to tinker with making my own version, but I struggle with Outfit Studio (I want to use Outfit Studio to create the reinforced tips which would then clip into the foot, seamlessly transitioning in the overlay. I wonder why no one ever tried this before...

As a last resort you could just use regular Slavetats menu to apply overlays, They do show up on legs and feet and work from there like regular tattoos. No need for the inventory item though it is more immersive.

4 hours ago, belegost said:

As a last resort you could just use regular Slavetats menu to apply overlays, They do show up on legs and feet and work from there like regular tattoos. No need for the inventory item though it is more immersive.

That's what I did. But it's just too immersion-breaking for me.

1 hour ago, gargamel9 said:

That's what I did. But it's just too immersion-breaking for me.

I used to be an adv... ermm.. down for immersion too. Until I stumbled across this website and discovered that DD framework exists. Then all those years of carefully crafting most immersive and realistic survival load order went out the window faster than Todd saying "it just works (tm)".

2 hours ago, belegost said:

I used to be an adv... ermm.. down for immersion too. Until I stumbled across this website and discovered that DD framework exists. Then all those years of carefully crafting most immersive and realistic survival load order went out the window faster than Todd saying "it just works (tm)".

Yes, my mods don't have any of that. Unfortunately, other creators go a bit crazy with this, sometimes. But the stockings are on another level, because having to set up two tats in the MCM (4 menus in total) each time you equip/unequip them, that's an outright pain in the ass...

2 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

Yes, my mods don't have any of that. Unfortunately, other creators go a bit crazy with this, sometimes. But the stockings are on another level, because having to set up two tats in the MCM (4 menus in total) each time you equip/unequip them, that's an outright pain in the ass...

There are dozens upon dozens of lingerie mods with countless options. Why not use that instead?

4 hours ago, belegost said:

There are dozens upon dozens of lingerie mods with countless options. Why not use that instead?

Usually because they look terrible. You would have  to be specific. Also, there is the interaction with IF. On that note, in the latest release, the author seems to have addressed an issue, by re-adding an optional mechanic from earlier versions of the mod, which does not rely on equipable stockings, but I haven't tested it yet...  

11 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

Usually because they look terrible

Ah, that only means you haven't been looking hard enough :)