Making a Clickable Thing

Allannaa

I'm not actually sure if this belongs here, so if not, please move it to the appropriate place.

It drives me nuts that you can only get an oven in a HF house (none of which I like all that much).

So I wondered, would it be possible to do something like this:

Player mines a quarry as usual.

When Player has 5 quarried stones, Player can "drop" a stone where they want an oven.

Player can now "click" the dropped stone -- the stone pops out/vanishes (as do the other 4 quarried stones in Player's inventory) -- an oven pops in/appears.

I've seen this kind of thing done before, but never understood HOW to do it.

For instance, RND did it with the campfire, tent, and bedroll.  iNeed did it with the water bucket.  I'd try looking at those scripts but I've yet to get an unpacker to run right, and anyway, Papyrus scares me worse than spiders scare Arvel the No-Longer-Swift-Because-I-Killed-Him.

But can this be done?

I wrote an "activator" script once, that actually worked -- You clicked on an Apple Bowl to "harvest" it, and it added 3 apples to your inventory, until the bowl was emptied.  I even figured out how to make a Tomato Bowl and a Fire Salts dish, using the same script.  (It's the only script I've ever written that actually did what I thought it would do)

Would this be the same sort of thing?  Granted it would be attached to "quarried stone", and the oven wouldn't go into your inventory, but would pop up where you dropped your rock, and would have maybe a message box for "Turn, Raise, Lower, and OMG Start Over" (which would, I dunno, put the stone back into your inventory so you could place it better).

Thanks!

Archived