Noob Question: How do you import TMC files into Blender?

You need a script for Blender (TMC Importer).

It's only for import, not export.

It took me a while to figure that out. Now I just need to know how to open the right click menu in blender

I'm not sure to understand, but when you have the script downloaded you have to activate it via Blender -> User Preference -> Install from File -> Choose the script (or directly the .rar that have the script) -> Be sure the box is checked on this script in the list -> Save.

After that you should see the TMC Importer in the Import option.

You can also install manually the script by putting the files in your Blender folder -> Add On.

I'm not sure to understand, but when you have the script downloaded you have to activate it via Blender -> User Preference -> Install from File -> Choose the script (or directly the .rar that have the script) -> Be sure the box is checked on this script in the list -> Save.

After that you should see the TMC Importer in the Import option.

You can also install manually the script by putting the files in your Blender folder -> Add On.

Thanks for responding,I'm honestly lost and everything I'm trying isn't working. I did manage to get TMC files imported and the right menus.

What I want to do is move an accessory around.

It's easy to delete it with a tool but I think it looks good.

it's just that when I use Timmy's Character Transformer.The accessory's position is off and I want to fix it.

When you move a mesh in Blender, do it in Edit Mode not in Object Mode because it could corrupt the position.

Timmy Tool have an option that can calculate approximatively the accessory position when you transform, be sure to check this box before transform it could help.

I didn't used this option since a while so I can't confirm if it's still approximate or accurate but in any case you can still extract the mesh (or open the TMC in Blender) and then in Edit Mode move the mesh at the good place, export it as .tmcmesh and re-inject it with Polygon Tool in the same slot (replace the mesh or delete the previous one before inject).

When you move a mesh in Blender, do it in Edit Mode not in Object Mode because it could corrupt the position.

Timmy Tool have an option that can calculate approximatively the accessory position when you transform, be sure to check this box before transform it could help.

I didn't used this option since a while so I can't confirm if it's still approximate or accurate but in any case you can still extract the mesh (or open the TMC in Blender) and then in Edit Mode move the mesh at the good place, export it as .tmcmesh and re-inject it with Polygon Tool in the same slot (replace the mesh or delete the previous one before inject).

Thanks I'll try it and get back to you.

Archived