Help a newbie out! :(

Hi everyone. First post here, I think. ^^

I'll get right down to it.

I really like this one set of animations I found that has an amazing self-cast animation...

I wanna be able to use it for offensive spells, though.

I'm not sure how to re-assign animations (if someone wants to run me through that I'd be welcome)

and so,

I instead thought about just making a self-cast spell but using a script so that I can shoot, like, a fireball or something.

I'm not sure how to do that. I do have creation kit, and I'm willing to learn but I could use help with creating the script.

Any examples would be super duper appreciated. Thank you!!! :D

If you are confident with all (or at least some of) the objects in the CK, then you can start doing scripting.

A full language reference is in my files (just check my profile.)

For playing animations you have two options.

If it is a single animation (better, a single AnimationEvent), then you can just send it to an actor with a single command.

But probably you need to have the actor "doing nothing" or the animation will be quickly replaced by the normal processing.

If it is an animation from SexLab, then you just need to call SexLab function to invoke it.

You could try re-naming the animation files. You're probably looking for files starting with mag_*, dmag*, mrh_*, or mlh_*. Since I don't know if you're talking about right-hand, left-hand, dual casting or concentration, I'll just have to give an example.

renameing meshes\actors\character\animations mlh_selfrelease.hkx to mlh_release.hkx will probably replace correctly 'in theory'.

For the correct names, you may need a way to look at the contents of the Skyrim - Animations BSA, depending on if your replacer already replaces the on-target animations or not.

This IS Skyrim we're talking about though, so it may not go as I expect.

Archived