Archive Invalidation problem?

scansurfer

I've started adding some mods for my game -- hoping to make the NPCs and player character prettier. I'm using OBMM to handle the mods.

Mostly it's going well, but I just ran into a problem with face textures.

I heard that Improved Facial Textures was nice for the aging textures. And that some people like Anayla's Face Textures for the base texture, so I tried them. I built them into an OMOD, so I could remove them conveniently.

I tried them out, and the faces were way too purple for me, and the greeny-gold lips did not make me happy. So I closed Obliv, uninstalled the OMOD, and brought Obliv back up. The faces didn't change back.

So I figured I had to do a magic "Archive Invalidation", whatever that actually means in reality. I used the OBMM utility.

The defaults were "BSA redirection" (checked) and "Pack Face Textures into redirection target BSA" (unchecked). That sounded OK, so I did it. Brought Obliv back up -- and the faces still didn't change back.

I'm just about to install OCOv2, which might overwrite all these textures and fix my problem. Or this may completely screw up my OCOv2 install -- so I'm worried, since OCOv2 is such a big mod.

So, what I'd like to ask is: is there something that I clearly did wrong that made undoing the face textures not work?

The proper archive invalidation is via bsa redirection.  However, that may not fix your issue.  The problem is the OMOD may or may not have removed everything.  Hard to say.  Also, for changes to take place, you really need to start a new game.  The saved game can store all kinds of crap info that can cause your game to be wonky.  

Before installing OCO2, start a new game and see if you are back to vanilla.  If you are, then proceed.  If you are not, then you need to look a little deeper to see if there are still loose files or another mod that are messing things up.  Also, make certain you rebuilt your Bashed Patch!!!!  

Never count on a mod "correcting" something.  That is a sure fire way to get yourself in a full reinstall situation.

Cheers,

Greg

Archived