attaching hdt to animobjects

gtcard

i want to attach a hdt xml to nibbles' dildo animation object, and i notice that the object is attached to a hand bone. i tried using the hdtfingers.xml file and it does seem to collide with hdt pussy mesh, but very slightly and only at the very base of the dildo. so im wondering if this is something i can edit with jff to make the size of the collision object larger so that the entire dildo can collide with the labia lips? what parameters should i be looking at? 

i want to attach a hdt xml to nibbles' dildo animation object, and i notice that the object is attached to a hand bone. i tried using the hdtfingers.xml file and it does seem to collide with hdt pussy mesh, but very slightly and only at the very base of the dildo. so im wondering if this is something i can edit with jff to make the size of the collision object larger so that the entire dildo can collide with the labia lips? what parameters should i be looking at? 

use skinned mesh physics, add extra data to nif, copy penis.xml, correct shape name inside it, rename it and link it to said mesh -> profit.

i think hdt pe uses capsules for collision, if the mesh doenst have said you will need to do them in 3ds or others. check a schlong in 3ds max then you will see it. 

i think hdt pe uses capsules for collision, if the mesh doenst have said you will need to do them in 3ds or others. check a schlong in 3ds max then you will see it. 

I don't think this is true. It just uses the skeleton bones. And then creates capsules or whatever shape you set up in the xml and does stuff with it (maybe the xml gets loaded in 3ds too so you are seeing capsules there).

And only if you attach the xml data to some mesh HDT PE cares about. Attaching an xml to an animobject nif doesn't do anything btw, HDT PE doesn't register it when that mesh gets loaded. But attach a physics xml to a mesh that's part of the male or female body and it will work.

Dunno why that is though. Maybe it works as soon as there are bones in the nif that are also part of the skeleton? Or PE only registers the physics data if it's attached to meshes that are part of the main body? So either the main body nif or an armor replacing that, the hands or gloves replacing them and so on.

I honestly don't know what's true here, didn't come around to test for that question.

@gtcard:

Pretty much my next project is adding HDT collisions to sex toys. I'm in the middle of trying to set up a script that equips a havok object (which loads the xml data for the sex toy) if an animation involving a sex toy gets played.

I suspect that the effect from linking the hdtfngers.xml you saw is not from the dildo. And if you added the data to the dildo mesh I think you shouldn't see any collision effect whatsoever, at least not with HDT PE (unless the xml is also attached to one of the body meshes in which case it's probably just hand collisions you then get for every animation).

edit: I just realized that writing a complicated script to use some sort of havok object for these collisions would be pretty stupid if it's really just the bones entries in the mesh that matter. So I tried copypasting (and renaming afterwards) the NiTriShape and the spine bone from the havok object nif to an animobject nif (the bottle used in Leito's Sex Toy animations). And then I attached the xml I wrote for said bottle to that animobject mesh. Didn't work, still no collisions.

So I think we can rule out that it depends on the mesh refering to the skeleton. Seems like some body part mesh has to be replaced for xml physics data to get seen by HDT PE. In case of the havok object that would be the shoulders. Odd, didn't even know that there is a body slot for them. ^^

@bazinga you're right, it had nothing to do with attaching hdtfingers to the dildo mesh. it appears to be colliding with the capsule from the pinky. my understanding of how the collision shape works is the capsule shape uses 2 vertices to make a cylindrical shape which will collide with other hdt nodes? i looked at most sex toys and they don't really have bones or anything to reference so how would you attach the collision shape to the object? i looked at the sos mesh and there are multiple gential bones and there are hdt capsules for each one in the xml so it's easier to understand how that works since the bones are physically aligned in the shape of the penis already. that doesn't seem to be the case with the sextoys; i'm not an expert by any means but i can't find any bones in any of the sextoy nifs. i only see a reference to another bone node that's part of another mesh, so does that mean the sex toys are just attached to that node as an extension of it? will you create the hdt xml using that node as the reference then?

this actually gave me an idea; i'm going to try editing the values for the fingers xml and see if i can make the collision shape larger to achieve the same effect for now

@prz will hdt pe and smp work with each other? i didn't look too much into smp because i vaguely remember reading at one point that smp and hdt pe are mutually exclusive of one another

this actually gave me an idea; i'm going to try editing the values for the fingers xml and see if i can make the collision shape larger to achieve the same effect for now

Sure, that might work. But keep in mind that you will have that larger collision shape active even when your char doesn't have the dildo equipped.

So you either need to add the data to the dildo mesh (which doesn't work with HDT PE for some reason) or do it with a script.

And don't use the fingers xml, make a new xml instead.

Or use SMP for the animobject as prZ says. I guess you also need to use SMP for the body though. At least I'm pretty sure that the collision shapes set up for HDT PE and the ones for HDT SMP don't interact with each other.

On a couple of occasions I read that they are compatible as long as you keep them separated. Meaning no meshes that link to both PE and SMP for example. But I don't know much about SMP, it could be more complicated than that.

i only see a reference to another bone node that's part of another mesh, so does that mean the sex toys are just attached to that node as an extension of it? will you create the hdt xml using that node as the reference then?

I don't really know how it works in detail tbh. For all I know the bone is just there to tell the game where to place that thing in relation to the main character skeleton.

And no, I don't care about that bone at all. I use one in the main skeleton that best suits my needs. For the bottle Leito uses, the one that's standing on the ground, I use the NPC Root "bone" for example. Meaning the collision is set up relative to that "bone" so as long as the character doesn't walk or float around the collision box doesn't move either. Which is the case since she is just doing gymnastics above it. ^^

i will look into smp a bit further. my primary concern is whether or not i will be able to port the settings from my current hdt pe setup into a smp setup. im really annoyed by the spazzing in hdt pe and i found that reducing mass in the xml seems to help with them a lot, but at the cost of less "freeflow" movement, particularly with skirts and clothes.

here is my current setup

post-16133-0-45576300-1486341837_thumb.jpg

in this picture here are the objects with hdt:

hair

ears

ribbon

earrings

necklace

breasts

skirt

belly

pussy

tail

for the time being they work. there's occasional spazzing with the skirt and the tail sticks to the floor sometimes, especially when my char ragdolls, but besides those points, everything works.

what i'd like to do is to be able to tune the hdt better so that the spazzing with the skirt and tail can be dealt with. i'm playing around with jff4 right now making random edits to the xmls to see if i can stumble upon the desired effect. none of the other hdt objects in that pic spaz, it's only the skirt and the tail with the problems. also i'd like to get collisions to work with sex toys. currently im able to play solo anims and get collisions if it's using a hand, but not with a toy. 

given this setup, is smp worth looking into or am i just going to get myself into more problems with compatibility? do you have any suggestions for edits to deal with the sticking and spazzing of the skirt and tails?

with smp it will work

will i need 3dsmax to make the xmls for smp? right now i don't know how to actually make an xml--i can only edit existing xmls with jff. only tools i have for skyrim are outfit studio, nifskope, jff and notepad++

Archived