CBBE as standard with LB as bonus?

maje90

hi all

first of all, sorry for bad english :D

i have already opened a thread with more details here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/712735-editing-an-already-existing-mod/page__gopid__5676445#entry5676445

(i hope to not offend by linking to nexus)

i'm totally noob in CK ... so im using only nifskope, i'm asking if possible to editing with it...

the mod in question is http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15416

my aim is to use CBBE for standard, AND the LB only as an wearable item (that should be set as not-main armor slot, like tails or etc)

and then if all going good i could wear over any modded LB armors without problems .... like:

http://modgames.net/load/276-1-0-11759

but i'm having textures issues/conflicts

i hope there is someone more expert here with LB :P

did u link correct textures in Nif? LB uses ladybody.dds or something like that textures not female body.

and u might try to take a look at MAK's armor mod as he has body armor too called fleshing or something like that or u can send me the nif and all needed files and i'll take a look what was wrong.

ladybody mod have an esp...

that replace all bodies with LB meshes...

i dont want do this:

i'm tring to use LB meshes as a wearable armor;

i have already rename the .nif files to a remodeled version of falmer armor. this is working! ingame when i equip the remodeled version of falmer armor, i see the player with LB meshes... working...

BUT the textures are loaded wrong!

in nifskope LB meshes are loaded righ with LB textures,

WHY ingame LB meshes uses default female skin textures???

i cant getting out of this...

i'm continuing the thread also in nexus forums if needed/intrested

(it would be cool making possible 2 type of bodies ingame?)

any ideas someone?

LadyBody.esp is there for a reason, the textures from this mod aren't compatible with vanilla texture sets (hands texture is in ladybody_1.dds, for example). So yeah, check how texture sets are set up in ladybody.esp to make that texture display correctly ingame (miscellanious->texture sets in CK)

Vioxsis

i've done what u suggest... the problem persist

in nifskope meshes are loaded right, pointing to the new folder

but ingame every LB thing is still fkd up....

Chekist

i'm totally noob with CK....

if i load "Lady Body.esp" the game also load Skyrim.esm O.o? new things for me...

the only thing i can see is this:

in miscellanious->texture sets, all texture sets are now pointing to LB textures...

probably fault of Lady Body.esp

infact if i use that esp, all LB things gets good texturing, but also ALL the others meshes like CBBE mods or vanilla stuff will use wrong skin textures...

im burning my mind here... in nifskope it goes good, ingame bad

can you please just make a mod that uses LB meshes as a wearable armor?

links are in first post... :3

in ck create new texture set(miscellanious->texture sets, right click on the list->new, name it 'ladybody' or however you prefer. Point the textures, diffuse:ladybody.dds; normal:ladybody_msn.dds; subsurface:ladybody_sk.dds; specular:ladybody_s.dds

Now, i assume that you've created an armoraddon for that body, go there, open it, and set the 'ladybody' or however you named it texture set for that mesh (where you select a nif for armor model, right click on column 'new texture' and type 'ladybody', double click it and save your esp)

Oh, I see, you simply replaced the nifs of falmer armor for ladybody's.

Ok you'll need to create a new .esp for that, so start the CK, select skyrim.esm (do not set is as active file) and create a new texture set as I said previous post.

Next, go to Items->ArmorAddon->FalmerCuirassAA

In left bottom corner where it says Female: biped model, click on select and set your texture set there (doubleclick on 3D object on the list and type the name of the texture set you've created), save your .esp

Game overrides the textures set in .nif file, if your model contains multiple 3D objects and some of those objects is defined as baseshape (body mesh), the game will check for texture set applied for that model in .esm or .esp. If that field is blank, it will apply the skinbodyfemale_1 for female biped models and skinbodymale_1 for male texture sets (which are default textures)

thanks Chekist, i've tried your method

all gone as planned except for the texturing...

i'm thinking the key to place texture well here is only inside original "Lady Body.esp" ...

i've tried in every way, thoose fking meshes keep using wrong textures...

it is frustrating to see that nifskope load everything good easy...

im giving up (its sad because some LB was very good... > http://cgkrista.blogspot.it/ )

maybe someone will do it in future

well, the thing is that the original author of the LB mod(Krista) stated very clearly that she doesnt want her body/armors to be modified and redistributed without her permission.

Now, even if someone would get permission to make a standalone version of her body/armors, it would be a lot of work, its not just swap meshes and you can equip LB armors (they come in .esp files which are set to work with her body as a replacer of default body). So yeah.. In order to make it work you would need to change the .esp files of the armors as well.

As a workaround, the easiest way to make it work would be to assign ladybody meshes/textures to a specific race, and then export lb armors.

Maje90 I'm gonna take a crack at your original request right fast and see if it can be done. TBH I have my doutes as to if its possible. Gonna try this right now will let you know if it works or not.

Update: Ok so I could in fact step up an item to act as a body. I have lady body installed atm so I tested this with unp. I check 2 different race and the skin tint masks seems to match but I noticed that that lady bodys seems to be lighter in color I'm not sure if its this way by default or if the difference comes from me setting up an equipable body.

How to:

1. First setup a folder in you Skyrim data\meshes folder name it what ever you want. Call it something like Lady Body Item. Copy and paste both the lady body 0 and 1 .nifs into this folder.
  2. Now do the same thing for the data\textures folder but paste the lady body textures in this one.
  3. Go back to your data\meshes\ folder and open the 0.nif then open up both the hands and feet 0.nifs and past the mesh data into the body nif.
  4. Now edit all the texture paths for each mesh node and set them to correct texture in your new texture folder.
  5. After than you need to edit all the BsDismemberSkinInstance data change each partition to 53 for each mesh. Why 53 its just an unused slot so it will display all the time more or less.
  6. Save and repeat steps 3-5 but with the 1.nifs
  7. Now you need to open up the CK and setup the body we just created as an item. I'm gonning to assume you know how to do this just be sure you set the slot to 53.
  8. You should now have a body item that will show up ingame but it will clip with the old body until you create some armor that works with it.
  9. Now just pick what ever lady body armor you want and delete any part that shows skin. Take note that any lady body armor that doesn't have the BsDismembermentSkinInance set to 32 wont hide your normal body.

That should work but I didn't test it all out and I used unp body due to having LB installed. There is prob easier ways to do this such as Chekist's but I don't know much about the CK. But I do know mine works for LB to UNP if you don't mide the color diff.

• 4 months later...

LadyBody.esp is there for a reason' date=' the textures from this mod aren't compatible with vanilla texture sets (hands texture is in ladybody_1.dds, for example). So yeah, check how texture sets are set up in ladybody.esp to make that texture display correctly ingame (miscellanious->texture sets in CK)

[/quote']

Ah thanks, I spent way to much time trying to figure out the hand issue. Now I got it setup like a standard race replacer. The way it is setup was causing chaos with my animations and everything since I have my races setup for unique animations. I wish I knew why she did it this way. Was it just because she liked it that way or did it make things easier some how. Oh well.

Archived