Setting up keybinds for keys like G1, G2, G3

217Blaster217

Hi, so, finally I realized (correct me if Im wrong) that Gkeys aren't "real" keys recognized by system as some additional keys, they are only recognized by keyboard program and you can set some key combos on them like ctrl+1, ctrl+2... right ? sooo, recently I just bought small external numpad cause I tough that by help of some one program, I can set those keys to be G1, G2....G18, and bind some of those GIANT amount binds that came with all my (I think around 100) mods, sooo, is there some way to set those binds to these "key combos" ? something like ctrl+1 will be defeat modifier key, ctrl+2 should be defeat action key I think its called... hope you understood, and yea my english suck, sorry for that and thanks in advance.

Can you bind Key Combos?

Single Key solutions:

The Function keys don't stop at F12, maybe use F13-F24?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/windows/desktop/dd375731.aspx

But 'pressing' keys that don't exist is quite hard, so I recommend something like AHK.

This would also allow the use of Combos:

If AHK recognises something like CTRL + 1, it then can 'press' the key F13, which is registered ingame for Defeat.

NOTE: I didn't test it, should work as long as you can assign F13-F24 in MCM.

Can you bind Key Combos?

Single Key solutions:

But 'pressing' keys that don't exist is quite hard, so I recommend something like AHK.

If AHK recognises something like CTRL + 1, it then can 'press' the key F13, which is registered ingame for Defeat.

I've run across quite a few games that do not recognise F13-F24. But I do like using those for the extra buttons on my mouse where I can.

Can you bind Key Combos?

Single Key solutions:

Iam using hid macros, do you think that AHK is better ?

Archived