Flashing during Loading screens & VSync not working

Yuuen

So after another one of my "let's fiddle and add stuff to the game" sessions, the game started to flash during loading screens, it goes from super bright with flashes of what it normally looks like. Despite disabling the new mods I added and putting the settings I changed back to what they were, nothing's changed.

It was just a couple settings in enblocal which I changed back and some SKSE settings, which after changing back didn't help and the newer values actually improved the game stability I kept.

There could of been a setting I changed and forgot about, so I'm hoping for a "yeah just change X setting to X and everything's back to normal".

Another thing that happened that I don't really get is the game rendering has gone a bit all over the place. VSync has stopped working and the FPS goes a bit choppy sometimes, like I'll bounce all the way up to 120+ fps then crash down to 40.

If anyone can point me in the right place as to where I should be checking to solve these issues that'd be great.

maybe the settings didn't save, check your enb local make sure vsync is on there.

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true   <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<CHECK
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

maybe the settings didn't save, check your enb local make sure vsync is on there.

[ENGINE]

MaxAnisotropy=16

ForceLodBias=false

LodBias=0.0

EnableVSync=true   <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<CHECK

VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

All the settings are set.

[ENGINE]
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[Display]
fSunShadowUpdateTime=0.25 
fSunUpdateThreshold=1.5 
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
fDecalLifetime=256.5000
bShadowsOnGrass=1
bAllowScreenshot=1
bShowMarkers=0
fDefaultWorldFOV=80.00
fDefault1stPersonFOV=80
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3900
fLightLODRange=3600
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
iAdapter=0
iPresentInterval=1

post-669090-0-31953800-1485475977_thumb.png

I've also found that the map is flashing too, if that helps narrow anything down.

I only use enb for memory so I can't help you with any custom settings, flashing map is probably related to vsync being off as other ui functions will probably have similar problems.

Did you maybe accidently hit an enb hotkey in game there is one that will disable vsync I forget which I disabled them all.

I only use enb for memory so I can't help you with any custom settings, flashing map is probably related to vsync being off as other ui functions will probably have similar problems.

Did you maybe accidently hit an enb hotkey in game there is one that will disable vsync I forget which I disabled them all.

After a bit more testing it just keeps getting weirder, I disabled Vsync within ENB and was hitting 500-600Fps on the map and started getting giant bars sliding across the screen.

I couldn't find any hotkey within ENB for Vsync, but what it's looking like is Vsync is half working. Without it, the game will stay solidly above 100fps for the most part. But with it, it will stay around 65-70 and even as high as 90 at certain times.

I've reverted all my ENB settings to as close as default like when I first set it up as I could, but it didn't do anything.

I have no idea what to do about this lmao

For enboost, I would just delete enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini and then only reinstall the enblocal.ini from the original file you d/l for enb, make the changes to enable enboost and relaunch the game and let enbhost rebuild the ini.

If you were using an enb preset then reinstall the ini files from the preset and make the required changes to enblocal to have enb use the preset.

If you made changes to skyrim.ini or skyrim prefs.ini and the above doesn't fix it then make a backup then delete so there are no ini in mydoc/skyrim/ then launch from steam and reset the graphics settings so it will generate default ini to work with.

For enboost, I would just delete enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini and then only reinstall the enblocal.ini from the original file you d/l for enb, make the changes to enable enboost and relaunch the game and let enbhost rebuild the ini.

If you were using an enb preset then reinstall the ini files from the preset and make the required changes to enblocal to have enb use the preset.

If you made changes to skyrim.ini or skyrim prefs.ini and the above doesn't fix it then make a backup then delete so there are no ini in mydoc/skyrim/ then launch from steam and reset the graphics settings so it will generate default ini to work with.

The first two steps, i've done.

The last I'll give a shot, haven't had to do that in a long time. My ini has a lot of custom edits which removing would probably break the game. But hopefully it at least gets me closer to fixing it.

The last I'll give a shot, haven't had to do that in a long time. My ini has a lot of custom edits which removing would probably break the game. But hopefully it at least gets me closer to fixing it.

Nope, didn't work.

Something did pop into my head though, the only thing I've changed that hasn't been changed back since this started happening, is the latest nvidea driver. I'll try reverting it and see what it does.

Nope, didn't work.

Something did pop into my head though, the only thing I've changed that hasn't been changed back since this started happening, is the latest nvidea driver. I'll try reverting it and see what it does.

Oh hey, guess what. It worked. Vsync is still a bit iffy, nowhere near as bad mind you, but I can live with that. It's the flashing that was killing me.

For anyone sharing the same problem:

ENB/Skyrim doesn't seem to like the new 1000 series of graphics cards and you may get some weird FPS issues.

The latest driver (378.49) seems to make this worse, completely breaking Vsync and causing a multitude of visual problems. The one that is currently working the best for me is 376.33.

Hopefully they can do something about this or maybe the work is gonna fall on Boris. I'll go make a post on the ENB forums.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the sampe problem too with that flashin when in loadscreen if the enbeffect on, may I know what enb u used?

mine used realvision & the solution is the same with u, revert the driver before 378.49, but after the newest driver released today its still flashing when loadscreen

I think we're gonna be out of luck with the newest drivers for a while, I had to revert mine even earlier because it was causing a BSOD.

So now I'm on 375.95.

I use Seasons of Skyrim ENB with latest ENB binaries which i think is 0.308.

• 1 month later...

Archived