Can you stop an NPCs height changing?

Guest Treesofgreen

Guest Treesofgreen

I have a few custom height NPCs (like 0.98, 1.02 or whatever).

Whenever an animation starts they go back to normal height, even NPC edited in Creation Kit, and they stay at the normal height and it's really annoying because I don't want everybody to be the same height!

Is there anyway to disable height adjust? The "race specific adjustment" setting, on or off in Sexlab doesn't do anything.  :-/

for sexlab, in the sexlab mcm.

for other animations, actors scale to the values set in the animations if NPC is keyframed. nothing you can do about it.

out side of those conditions the heights, which are actually scales on the NPC bone, should persist fine. my orc follower is like a giant green bean.

for other animations, actors scale to the values set in the animations if NPC is keyframed. nothing you can do about it.

out side of those conditions the heights, which are actually scales on the NPC bone, should persist fine. my orc follower is like a giant green bean.

A giant green bean? So, it's something like 1.2 meters high? :D

On topic: race spefific adjustment means only adjustments are saved (and have to be done) for every race seperated. Can't remember the exact description to toggle it off completly, something with scaling i think? It'll be off for all NPCs then, though. You could try to give your custom NPCs a own race, but i have no clue how difficult that is or what problems might occur.

Guest Treesofgreen

Now, I don't know about animations, but a mod I use for my dwarf characters is Size Does Matter. It sounds like this might do it for you.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41304/?

Too bad, I gave it a go and it didn't work, sadly.

Unfortunately none of the MCM options worked.

Does your orc follower keep his heights? I'm not sure if you use SL with him or not. The followers height for me just goes back to normal the second a SL animation begins.

A giant green bean? So, it's something like 1.2 meters high? :D

On topic: race spefific adjustment means only adjustments are saved (and have to be done) for every race seperated. Can't remember the exact description to toggle it off completly, something with scaling i think? It'll be off for all NPCs then, though. You could try to give your custom NPCs a own race, but i have no clue how difficult that is or what problems might occur.

I might have to make a new race or something because I can't get anything to work at all. I'm kinda surprised nobody else has had this problem lol

There is a plugin for skse to prevent all scaling by sexlab because you cannot disable it through sexlab mcm completely.

I don't have a link you could try a search in the sexlab topic forum for SetVehicleFixPlugin.  If you can't find it let me know I still use it so I can drop it somewhere for download.

Guest Treesofgreen

There is a plugin for skse to prevent all scaling by sexlab because you cannot disable it through sexlab mcm completely.

I don't have a link you could try a search in the sexlab topic forum for SetVehicleFixPlugin.  If you can't find it let me know I still use it so I can drop it somewhere for download.

It worked perfectly this is exactly what I needed thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  :angel:

I found it here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60287-instructions-for-fixing-pure-virtual-function-call-crash/?p=1521576

you're a legend thanks for your help

• 10 months later...

This information is gold. At last no height scaling of my 0.90 height custom follower anymore. 

I use Sexlab v1.62 already and this version already has its own ctd fix with scaling involved in the animation submenu, but it never worked for me. Now after installing the fix from the above link all height scaling is gone for sexlab animations.

• 3 years later...
On 1/25/2017 at 3:33 PM, RW311 said:

I know this is a way old post but this fixed scaling issues for me and nothing else I tried did, thank you