Correct updating procedure for TS4, for incoming vampire patch.

Guest Redabyss

Guest Redabyss

Alright good folks. Since vampires are about to storm (in all senses) our sex parties, here's the correct updating procedure that you should follow to avoid mess.

I made a thread so it'll be more visible.

Ā 

Ā 
- Download new WW, which will be released some hours after the game's update.
- Replace the old version (ie: delete the files in the WW folder, then copy-paste the new ones/delete the old WW folder and install the new one)
- Delete old scripted downloads, like MC Command mods. Scripted files are called TS4SCRIPT, you can't go wrong. It's very important to do this, since old scripts may conflict with the new version of the game.
- Update the game.
- Launch game, don't load your families right away.
- Turn on Script and Mods in the Options.
- Exit game.
- Re-launch game, load your families.
- ??? -> Profit!
Ā 
Or, even safer:
Ā 
- Download new WW, which will be released some hours after the game's update.
- Remove the Mod folder from TS4 Folder before starting the update.
- Update the game.
- After the update, place again the Mod folder in TS4 Folder.
- Replace the old WW version (ie: delete the files in the WW folder, then copy-paste the new ones/delete the old WW folder and install the new one)
- Delete old scripted downloads, like MC Command mods. Scripted files are called TS4SCRIPT, you can't go wrong. It's very important to do this, since old scripts may conflict with the new version of the game.
- Launch game, don't load your families right away.
- Turn on Script and Mods in the Options.
- Exit game.
- Re-launch game, load your families.
- ??? -> Profit!
Ā 
Again... everything should be alright doing this, but keep in mind certain things:
Ā 
1) TD is gonna need some time for updating WW, and first new version may not entirely work. So be patient.
2) If something does not work do not bombard the WW thread, instead open specific threads here:Ā http://www.loverslab.com/forum/79-the-sims-4-technical-support/ be as much detailed as you can. If you're vague, it'll be harder to help you.
3) Try doing some searches on the forums, in case someone has similiar issues.
Guest Redabyss

If I learned anything in my modding career it's that nobody cares.

Prepare to tell people that they need to turn on mods in settings and update every other mod. :D

Yeah, with bottom halves of Sims disappearing and whatnot, haha!

I was thinking, rather than me spamming this message every time EA updates, maybe you could include a similiar one in WW's OP, or copy-paste in your messages in WW thread when it's "updating time"? Feel free to copy-paste mine if you like the idea.

Ā 

If I learned anything in my modding career it's that nobody cares.

Prepare to tell people that they need to turn on mods in settings and update every other mod. :D

Yeah, with bottom halves of Sims disappearing and whatnot, haha!

I was thinking, rather than me spamming this message every time EA updates, maybe you could include a similiar one in WW's OP, or copy-paste in your messages in WW thread when it's "updating time"? Feel free to copy-paste mine if you like the idea.

Ā 

I am planning (if I don't forget) to create a bigger troubleshooting topic for everybody that have problems and how to report problems in the proper forum.

Guest Redabyss

Isn't this update payware though? I don't think will need to do this again right?

The update is not, the dlc is, if you're referring to TS4.

WW update will be free here on LL.

Guest Redabyss

Welp, this was for nothing apparently, since vampires didn't need any patch!

But guys, bear in mind that this procedure is valid forĀ any incoming patch, ok?

Archived