Fallout 4 Laggy, Stutters

Thelys

Ok so I just did a clean reinstall of Fallout 4 and played with it an everything worked fine, so I decided to go ahead and download some mods. But once I downloaded them, the game started to lag and stutter when I activate some items or go into a conversation. I'm not sure why this is happening but here is my load order:

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
ConcealedArmor.esm=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
rpampas.esp=1
Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
ConcealedArmor.esp=1
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp=1
ZellaHairDye.esp=1
2pacSkimpy.esp=1

I'm also using the latest version of F4SE. I used LOOT as well to try and make the load order better but it's still stutters. I still have the same and am currently using Fallout4.ini, Fallout4Custom.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini from before I reinstalled the game.

Ok so I just did a clean reinstall of Fallout 4 and played with it an everything worked fine, so I decided to go ahead and download some mods. But once I downloaded them, the game started to lag and stutter when I activate some items or go into a conversation. I'm not sure why this is happening but here is my load order:

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
ConcealedArmor.esm=1
rpampas.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
ConcealedArmor.esp=1
ZellaHairDye.esp=1
2pacSkimpy.esp=1

I'm also using the latest version of F4SE. I used LOOT as well to try and make the load order better but it's still stutters. I still have the same and am currently using Fallout4.ini, Fallout4Custom.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini from before I reinstalled the game.

heh.....

you forgot to post your computer specs too.

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
ConcealedArmor.esm=1
rpampas.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
ConcealedArmor.esp=1
ZellaHairDye.esp=1
2pacSkimpy.esp=1

heh.....

Crap I forgot, here they are:

2x GeForce GTX 780

Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3.6 GHz

16 GB RAM

ASUS Republic of Gamers Rampage IV Motherboard

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
ConcealedArmor.esm=1
rpampas.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
ConcealedArmor.esp=1
ZellaHairDye.esp=1
2pacSkimpy.esp=1

heh.....

2x GeForce GTX 780

16 GB RAM

As good as those specs performance are, I guess it's safe to say Fallout 4 is not optimized at all because I have terrible specs and mine runs.

Have you updated your graphics card to the newest version from GeForce website? 

Also are you running windows 10 maybe?

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
ConcealedArmor.esm=1
rpampas.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
ConcealedArmor.esp=1
ZellaHairDye.esp=1
2pacSkimpy.esp=1

heh.....

2x GeForce GTX 780

16 GB RAM

As good as those specs performance are, I guess it's safe to say Fallout 4 is not optimized at all because I have terrible specs and mine runs.

Yeah I'm using the latest graphics card drivers and Windows 10. All mods are up to date, as well the game and F4SE.

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
ConcealedArmor.esm=1
rpampas.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
ConcealedArmor.esp=1
ZellaHairDye.esp=1
2pacSkimpy.esp=1

heh.....

2x GeForce GTX 780

16 GB RAM

Yeah I'm using the latest graphics card drivers and Windows 10. All mods are up to date, as well the game and F4SE.

Did some research, that GTX 780 is stabled but not really good for FO4. You wont always get 60fps in big cities, you will get maybe 20-50 fps at most.

Is the jittering locking your game? or are you just losing framerates often?

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
ConcealedArmor.esm=1
rpampas.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
ConcealedArmor.esp=1
ZellaHairDye.esp=1
2pacSkimpy.esp=1

heh.....

2x GeForce GTX 780

16 GB RAM

Did some research, that GTX 780 is stabled but not really good for FO4. You wont always get 60fps in big cities, you will get maybe 20-50 fps at most.

Is the jittering locking your game? or are you just losing framerates often?

Before the game worked fine, fps was fine and nothing was wrong. But then it suddenly started to happen, I wouldn't lose framrates, the game would freeze for like 5 seconds or so then it would proceed. So I did a clean reinstall and it only happens when I activate mods. My game before was heavily modded but now I'm only using around 10. 

So basically what I'm getting is, the game would freeze for 5 seconds, then proceed as normal. Then after a minute or so it would freeze again then continue. This happens either randomly or whenever I activate something or some sort of dialogue happens.

Before the game worked fine, fps was fine and nothing was wrong. But then it suddenly started to happen, I wouldn't lose framrates, the game would freeze for like 5 seconds or so then it would proceed. So I did a clean reinstall and it only happens when I activate mods. My game before was heavily modded but now I'm only using around 10. 

So basically what I'm getting is, the game would freeze for 5 seconds, then proceed as normal. Then after a minute or so it would freeze again then continue. This happens either randomly or whenever I activate something or some sort of dialogue happens.

are you running the game off of a, Hard Drive or a Solid State Drive? if it's a Hard Drive, that's part of the problem.

cause i have the problem once in a a blue moon 

are you running the game off of a, Hard Drive or a Solid State Drive? if it's a Hard Drive, that's part of the problem.

Yeah I've always had it on my HDD, I'll try putting it on my SSD and see if it helps.

That actually fixed the problem, but why does that happen?

You get higher performance with SSD over HDD. SSD is better for gaming and cost way more.

You get higher performance with SSD over HDD. SSD is better for gaming and cost way more.

i like to make a note for the future, if you go for a full SSD setup always have a HDD as a back up drive to store your stuff or to back up the SSD, cause SSD's are not good for long long term storage cause once the data is gone, its gone.

also the the reason why it is slow, cause the HDD uses mechanical parts and also depends on the RPM speed of the drive (mine runs at 7200RPM) and a SSD uses super fast Flash Chips like in a Thumb drive but a bit more faster

Archived