Missing masters on new save

Bah!

So I've been trying to solve all of my issues recently with Skyrim CTDing on me, and ended up doing some testing with Wrye Bash.

The problem is that none of the mods on Wrye bash are red, and yet every single new save shows up in red to indicate a missing masters file.

I'm not sure how to go about solving this, and most Wrye Bash posts I can find are either unrelated, or go way over my head.

I understand that there are simply some files in my Skyrim game, that are trying to call on a master file that is not there. At least that's what I gather from missing master files. However Mod Organizer doesn't pick up on anything.

This of course could be due to me using both NMM and MO for different mods at different times. Normally due to NMM's more user-friendly nature for some mods, and MO's informative setup.

Case in point, does anybody know how I might go about solving the issue of missing masters on my save files? I have obviously been modding the hell out of it, and would prefer to not have to start over from scratch with everything, but if I must then I must.

Feel free to ask for any information. I have tons of resources to pull from on this (LOOT, MO, Wrye Bash, TES5Edit)

You have the right understanding. The term "missing masters" in this case doesn't necessarily mean an .esm master plugin though, it means any plugin.

So a red save is telling you that save was made with mods active that are not in your current load order. You can see this by right clicking on that save and selecting List Masters. The popup will list the missing mods at the top and the mods that were active when the save was made below it.

Right clicking and selecting Load Masters should sync it up to your current load order.

Okay so that's a long list of missing masters...

Some are even from mods that have their master checked in MO when I launch.

How do I get a txt file or something of the LOOT report?

Or can Wrye do something about all these missing masters?

Since you are using MO, did you remember that you need to run tools like wyre and loot from MO?

Since you are using MO, did you remember that you need to run tools like wyre and loot from MO?

I ran LOOT from MO, but not Wrye. (It didn't auto pick it up so I didn't bother) Is that a problem?

I'm guessing the problem is that I have a ton of loose scripts calling on master files that don't exist anymore.

I would think Wrye would have a way to clean that up, and help solve my CTDs.

I ran LOOT from MO, but not Wrye. (It didn't auto pick it up so I didn't bother) Is that a problem?

I'm guessing the problem is that I have a ton of loose scripts calling on master files that don't exist anymore.

If you don't run wyre from MO it will not know about most of your mods, and that's the main reason it's complaining.

If you don't run wyre from MO it will not know about most of your mods, and that's the main reason it's complaining.

Well you're correct, and now a new save is perfectly fine.

Still getting random CTDs, and CTDs while loading. Who knows before how long the CTDs start making certain saves impossible to load, and stopping me from accessing certain things like the thieves guild quest line again.

Archived