Cant get female characters to look right.

Nazgren

Hi,

Recently come back to skyrim and am trying various mod combinations to try and make female Characters and NPCs not look buggy. I am currently using a MO profile with only AS-LAL, Race menu and female texture / mesh mods installed until i find a combination that works. Will use Ysolda for all reference screenshots as everyone knows roughly how she should look. ENB is Grim and Sombre Hircine.

Here is screenshots comparing just textures for some of the biggest texture mods for females.

No textures, vanilla HD texture pack only:

post-222822-0-84028400-1481721957_thumb.jpg

This is on max graphics, 4k, except for AA which is off as im using ENB. Clearly this is not how she should look in an unmodded game, could there be underlying issues elsewhere?

Better Females by Belle:

post-222822-0-18297700-1481721950_thumb.jpg

A vast improvement over the previous but has a horrible glitter effect.

Pretty Face:

post-222822-0-50503800-1481721963_thumb.jpg

Something just looks... off about it, cant put my finger on it, maybe too blocky?

SG Female Textures Renewal:

post-222822-0-32979300-1481721970_thumb.jpg

Halfway between Better Females and Pretty Face

Women of Skyrim:

post-222822-0-71843000-1481721975_thumb.jpg

Same as SG but closer to Better Females

As you can see i get extremely mixed results. Any ideas as to what i need to do to get to an acceptable level? She looks "ok" in some of these screenshots but some of the other characters look absolutely horrific and i cant work out why.

Better females for bella? Absolutely disgusting face texture, stop using it immidiately. It was a good mod in the beginning ( where there was no other choice ) but now other better mods have replaced it

You know the bjinn mod series? Get face/body textures from there. I think they are the best looking if you are going with the lore-friendly look. And they look quite nice.

Don't forget about normal maps too, because they change quite a lot.

Just tried Bjinn, Looks fantastic, will definately be holding onto that one, tyvm. The mods only affect NPC's though, how do i go about moving the textures, meshes, masks etc from the NPC's to the player character? i go into Aela for example and there is just folders for eyes, female brows and hair. Which files do i want to move and from which mod without breaking my bodyslide body, etc?

Just tried Bjinn, Looks fantastic, will definately be holding onto that one, tyvm. The mods only affect NPC's though, how do i go about moving the textures, meshes, masks etc from the NPC's to the player character? i go into Aela for example and there is just folders for eyes, female brows and hair. Which files do i want to move and from which mod without breaking my bodyslide body, etc?

There should be somewhere files named femalehead.dds, femalebody.dds & femalehands.dds. ( with _s , _msn & _ sk variations ) 4x3 = 12 textures in total ( not including vampire versions )

Copy them out, and easy way just download any female texture replace and paste ^these^ textures over that mod you have downloaded right now. Or look at the paths and manualy create folder ( whatever tool you use, nmm or mo )

Doing this is making me realise just how long ago it was that i got my hands dirty with skyrim modding, i cant remember how any of this works anymore :(. In Bijin Warmaidens i added a Female Folder to Textures/actors/character and in that stuck the 12 files from Bijin Warmaidens 00 which seems to be where the files are stored for this mod into it. I also then replaced the same files in Better females for good measure and now have Bijin overwriting Better Females but there does not seem to be any difference. I will keep trying, going back to a clean save with just those textures replacing the relevant files in the base game if i have to.

Edit:

Have tried every file that looks like it has something to do with making the NPC's look how they do in Bijin inside its own mod and still no luck.

Screenshot for reference:

post-222822-0-54152000-1481743708_thumb.jpg

As you can see, the preset of Aela from Expanded Skyrim Presets still looks like vanilla Aela and nothing like the mod, not even close. Im not sure what i could be doing wrong at this point.

As you can see, the preset of Aela from Expanded Skyrim Presets still looks like vanilla Aela and nothing like the mod, not even close. Im not sure what i could be doing wrong at this point.

161215032025917983.jpg

if you pick that npc preset you will get unmodified femalehead.nif

161215032025606395.jpg

result won't be that if the game generate a head for aela with that

161215032023837539.jpg

Archived