SOS problems

So I recently had an issue where SOS was causing some CTDs pretty rarely but annoying nonetheless. I thought I must've messed with one of the files trying to fix some recent CTDs ive had for other reasons (Now fixed) so I did the remove from game, uninstall/reinstall of SOS, updated FNIS, as you do. Placed it back where it was in my load order before and started up the game. Aaand now i'm having worse issues again, woo.

When I open it on the MCM, it says "No compatible skeletons found." Even though the XPMS mod is installed as well as FNIS (And XPMS is the second to last thing in my load order) and nothing is overwriting it. to add insult to injury, the game decides it likes to crash if I'm looking through the SOS mod organiser page. The only crashes I've had since fixing my original CTD problems. I'm not very techy at all when it comes to modding (I do use LOOT and TES5edit) so i'm totally confused.

Here's my LO:

0  0 Skyrim.esm
  1  1 Update.esm
  2  2 Dawnguard.esm
  3  3 HearthFires.esm
  4  4 Dragonborn.esm
  5  5 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6 Nock2Tip.esm
  7  7 JSwords.esm
  8  8 RaceCompatibility.esm
  9  9 Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
 10  a Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
 11  b dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
 12  c dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
 13  d tpos_ultimate_esm.esp
 14  e Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
 15  f Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
 16 10 GreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.esp
 17 11 OBIS.esp
 18 12 Elemental Destruction.esp
 19 13 Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp
 20 14 Skyrim Sizes.esp
 21 15 RaceMenu.esp
 22 16 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 23 17 TMHousecarls.esp
 24 18 JKs Windhelm.esp
 25 19 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
 26 1a JK's Falkreath.esp
 27 1b JKs Solitude.esp
 28 1c JK's Dawnstar.esp
 29 1d JK's Winterhold.esp
 30 1e JKs Whiterun.esp
 31 1f JKs Riften.esp
 32 20 Cloaks.esp
 33 21 RealisticNights.esp
 34 22 Predator Vision.esp
 35 23 Balanced_Magic.esp
 36 24 JKs Markarth.esp
 37 25 JK's Morthal.esp
 38 26 Dragonscalearrows.esp
 39 27 RAS - Riverwood CharGen.esp
 40 28 RealisticNightsDB.esp
 41 29 RealisticNightsDG.esp
 42 2a RaceChanger.esp
 43 2b zzz_Jenassa_MAKEOVER_by83Willow.esp
 44 2c BedUndress.esp
 45 2d stranger_danger.esp
 46 2e OBISDB.esp
 47 2f WarmongerArmory_Vanilla.esp
 48 30 Skyrim+ALLDLC(Cheat).esp
 49 31 Better Harvesting.esp
 50 32 Snow Elf Race.esp
 51 33 Xtended Loot - Core.esp
 52 34 DPArmor.esp
 53 35 DarkNemesis.esp
 54 36 EternalShineArmorAndWeapons.esp
 55 37 JSwords_Load_Screens.esp
 56 38 ksArgonianWarPaint.esp
 57 39 dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
 58 3a SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
 59 3b SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 60 3c SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
 61 3d AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
 62 3e Immersive Weapons.esp
 63 3f WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
 64 40 Lore Weapon Expansion.esp
 65 41 JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp
 66 42 Random Alternate Start.esp
 67 43 Marriable Serana.esp
 68 44 More Exp Chance.esp
 69 45 DremoraVampireEyes.esp
 70 46 Nock2Tip.esp
 71 47 AstridReborn.esp
 72 48 Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 73 49 SOS - Shop.esp
 74 4a Nicoroshi Creations.esp
 75 4b HBetterBows.esp
 76 4c iNeed.esp
 77 4d BlackSacramentArmor.esp
 78 4e Raven Witch Armor.esp
 79 4f iNeed - Dangerous Diseases.esp
 80 50 FasterArrows75.esp
 81 51 FasterArrows50.esp
 82 52 FasterArrows100.esp
 83 53 FasterArrows.esp
 84 54 Crossbows_Basic_Collection_DE_LL.esp
 85 55 Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp
 86 56 Contractor Armor.esp
 87 57 warchiefarmor.esp
 88 58 LovelyHairstylesCE.esp
 89 59 RavenWP3.esp
 90 5a AZ Argonian Vampire No Color Change.esp
 91 5b SkyUI.esp
 92 5c FNIS.esp
 93 5d XPMSE.esp
 94 5e Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

And how do you "know" it was SOS causing the CTDs?

Reinstall XPMSE because you HAVE installed something which overwrote the XPMSE skeleton. A quick check of the XPMSE MCM Menu would show you that.

Use you using Mod Organizer and calling it MO or are you talking about MCM menus which actually fits your somewhat disjoint statements in your description of your problems?

I did get a message pop up about SOS being corrupted a few days ago, and both the crashes came up with a "corrupted .nif file" and a log of some files it had accessed last (The only .nif file in the crash report being an SOS file). 

I did reinstall XPMSE afterward, that's why I'm so stumped. I can't see anything about it in the XPMSE MCM menu that would show me i've overwritten it either. 

Yes, MCM! i knew i was typing something wrong, haha. I'm not the best at writing so everything comes out a bit disjointed and confusing. 

Though, going back on the MCM menu SOS has completely disappeared. I haven't uninstalled it again or anything. 

Maybe try removing all SOS files (not just uninstalling, but manually removing them from your Data/MO folder), and try reinstalling it and starting a new game. I also suggest verifying the game's cache through steam just in case.

DISCLAIMER: If you installed ANY mods that overwrote files in the Skyrim data folder, verifying the cache could replace those files with vanilla ones, causing some of your mods to stop working, or causing CTD - which then makes it extremely difficult to find out which mods need to be reinstalled.

Verifying the game cache with the Steam utility is only recommended if you have configured Mod Organizer in such a way that your default Skyrim data folder is left in its pristine vanilla condition... in which case, verifying is somewhat redundant. 

TL;DR - if you've manually installed any mods, verifying the game cache will break them. If you have an untouched data folder, verifying is most likely unnecessary.

So I recently had an issue where SOS was causing some CTDs pretty rarely but annoying nonetheless. I thought I must've messed with one of the files trying to fix some recent CTDs ive had for other reasons (Now fixed) so I did the remove from game, uninstall/reinstall of SOS, updated FNIS, as you do. Placed it back where it was in my load order before and started up the game. Aaand now i'm having worse issues again, woo.

When I open it on the MCM, it says "No compatible skeletons found." Even though the XPMS mod is installed as well as FNIS (And XPMS is the second to last thing in my load order) and nothing is overwriting it. to add insult to injury, the game decides it likes to crash if I'm looking through the SOS mod organiser page. The only crashes I've had since fixing my original CTD problems. I'm not very techy at all when it comes to modding (I do use LOOT and TES5edit) so i'm totally confused.

Here's my LO:

0  0 Skyrim.esm
  1  1 Update.esm
  2  2 Dawnguard.esm
  3  3 HearthFires.esm
  4  4 Dragonborn.esm
  5  5 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6 Nock2Tip.esm
  7  7 JSwords.esm
  8  8 RaceCompatibility.esm
  9  9 Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
 10  a Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
 11  b dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
 12  c dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
 13  d tpos_ultimate_esm.esp
 14  e Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
 15  f Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
 16 10 GreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.esp
 17 11 OBIS.esp
 18 12 Elemental Destruction.esp
 19 13 Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp
 20 14 Skyrim Sizes.esp
 21 15 RaceMenu.esp
 22 16 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 23 17 TMHousecarls.esp
 24 18 JKs Windhelm.esp
 25 19 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
 26 1a JK's Falkreath.esp
 27 1b JKs Solitude.esp
 28 1c JK's Dawnstar.esp
 29 1d JK's Winterhold.esp
 30 1e JKs Whiterun.esp
 31 1f JKs Riften.esp
 32 20 Cloaks.esp
 33 21 RealisticNights.esp
 34 22 Predator Vision.esp
 35 23 Balanced_Magic.esp
 36 24 JKs Markarth.esp
 37 25 JK's Morthal.esp
 38 26 Dragonscalearrows.esp
 39 27 RAS - Riverwood CharGen.esp
 40 28 RealisticNightsDB.esp
 41 29 RealisticNightsDG.esp
 42 2a RaceChanger.esp
 43 2b zzz_Jenassa_MAKEOVER_by83Willow.esp
 44 2c BedUndress.esp
 45 2d stranger_danger.esp
 46 2e OBISDB.esp
 47 2f WarmongerArmory_Vanilla.esp
 48 30 Skyrim+ALLDLC(Cheat).esp
 49 31 Better Harvesting.esp
 50 32 Snow Elf Race.esp
 51 33 Xtended Loot - Core.esp
 52 34 DPArmor.esp
 53 35 DarkNemesis.esp
 54 36 EternalShineArmorAndWeapons.esp
 55 37 JSwords_Load_Screens.esp
 56 38 ksArgonianWarPaint.esp
 57 39 dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
 58 3a SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
 59 3b SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 60 3c SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
 61 3d AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
 62 3e Immersive Weapons.esp
 63 3f WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
 64 40 Lore Weapon Expansion.esp
 65 41 JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp
 66 42 Random Alternate Start.esp
 67 43 Marriable Serana.esp
 68 44 More Exp Chance.esp
 69 45 DremoraVampireEyes.esp
 70 46 Nock2Tip.esp
 71 47 AstridReborn.esp
 72 48 Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 73 49 SOS - Shop.esp
 74 4a Nicoroshi Creations.esp
 75 4b HBetterBows.esp
 76 4c iNeed.esp
 77 4d BlackSacramentArmor.esp
 78 4e Raven Witch Armor.esp
 79 4f iNeed - Dangerous Diseases.esp
 80 50 FasterArrows75.esp
 81 51 FasterArrows50.esp
 82 52 FasterArrows100.esp
 83 53 FasterArrows.esp
 84 54 Crossbows_Basic_Collection_DE_LL.esp
 85 55 Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp
 86 56 Contractor Armor.esp
 87 57 warchiefarmor.esp
 88 58 LovelyHairstylesCE.esp
 89 59 RavenWP3.esp
 90 5a AZ Argonian Vampire No Color Change.esp
 91 5b SkyUI.esp
 92 5c FNIS.esp
 93 5d XPMSE.esp
 94 5e Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

Why are your SOS addons above the main SOS .esp? Maybe drag Schlongs of Skyrim.esp up above your SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp, see if that solves anything.

It looks to me that you haven't LOOTed your load order. There are a few things in here that don't line up with mine. XPMSE is near the very top of my load order, as is FNIS.

My game would crash if the main sos was above the addons, which is really bizarre? However it works perfectly fine this way. I have no idea why.

Funny thing is, this is after i used LOOT! every time i go through my mods like this i use loot to make sure its all in order. I've always been told to have XPMSE and FNIS as close to the bottom as possible.

My problem is solved BTW. I started a new game and it's working fine. No crashes since! :) My game hasn't been this stable in five months haha.

My game would crash if the main sos was above the addons, which is really bizarre? However it works perfectly fine this way. I have no idea why.

Funny thing is, this is after i used LOOT! every time i go through my mods like this i use loot to make sure its all in order. I've always been told to have XPMSE and FNIS as close to the bottom as possible.

My problem is solved BTW. I started a new game and it's working fine. No crashes since! :) My game hasn't been this stable in five months haha.

I've been told to have XPMSE and FNIS as close to the bottom of the MOD LIST, but above most everything else in the LOAD ORDER.

I'm saying this assuming that you're using Mod Organizer.

The LEFT pane in MO determines which mods take priority in overwriting the files of other mods. Example: you have a mod that replaces textures of actors, creatures, and environment... but you have another mod that replaces textures of just actors. You want the first mod to texture the creatures and environment, but the second mod's actor textures are better and you want to use those. You would place the mod that exclusively replaces actor textures BELOW the other mod so that it overwrites the actor textures of the previous one.

The RIGHT pane determines which .esm and .esp files get loaded in order. Lots of mods have dependencies (Sexlab.esm requires Skyrim.esm in order to work. You HAVE to place Sexlab.esm BELOW Skyrim.esm), and they need to load in a specific order to prevent a crash.

Good to hear you got it to work, though. I'm a stickler for making mods work without having to start my game over, though, so if you want to troubleshoot further I'm happy to help you out. :)

Archived