Debauchery in Caelia Kingdoms - Last public release: 17th august 2018

MaratDuoDev

EmMDQ7n.png

NEWEST BUILD (0.2.5)

MEGA

Last public release date:  August 17th,  2018.

If you want to support our project and help us build it to completion, please go to http://www.patreon.com/DuoDevelopers ! Right now, most of the content will be publicly available as soon as it’s done, but we can only keep working on this with your help!

Nonetheless, there are perks of being our patreon! Specially the ability to vote for new content, which starts at the lower tier!

---

Right now, you can find this content and features in the game:

• Over 30k of text within 3 characters: Your maid Helena and two nobles, the stiff Abbadon and the lewd Alba.
  • Multiple choices for your story and your character!
  • Transformation implemented for your character.
  • Combat, although is still basic, it's a good basis to improve from this point.
  • All the UI, save, load, inventory system, and everything else already in place.

---

We are working on new features and redoing some old ones too!

• CG and more sexy art, not just sprites!
  • Management for your slaves
  • More shops and better customization
  • More content inside combat, like texts, being able to fuck your adversaries, or be fucked!
  • Pregnancy and marriage!
  • and of course more story and enemies!

---

GAME SUMMARY

Debauchery in Caelia Kingdoms is an adult game with a fantasy theme where you corrupt and transform yourself and your subjects. Although we are in an early stage, we will improve these with management, slavery, breeding and more in the future. Control your kingdom and transform it to your liking!

----

GAME STORY

You’ve inherited the lordship of a small kingdom, now you’ll face the challenge to earn the trust of your new subjects with your leadership, or submit them into obedience with your iron fist. Take charge of your subjects, create new laws, enslave monsters and imprison your enemies. 

Will you be a kind master, loved by everyone? Or will the city fear your wrath? 

---

KINKS AND MORE:

Transformation, corruption, moral degeneration, genderbending, drugging, mindcontrol, futanari, monsters, bdsm, public use, incest, straight/bi/homosexual (depending of the gender of your character) 

---

Credits

This game is possible thanks for the support of our patreons and the wonderful art of cutesexyrobutts and otonaru!

We love feedback if you have any comment, opinion or request feel free to ask us!

Screenshots and art
AlTSanW.jpg

sc.png

csbnites.png

Well first update! The "Not a game for ants" edition! You can now change the size of the text, and a lot of small fixes. 

Link here: https://mega.nz/#!pZxWnagR!7LjmFhEAXW1ApxhQRE1rRQGmXzRHky88CwFq01BPa3I

CHANGELOG

• Lust weapons fixed, now they increase the lust of the enemy instead of reducing it!
  • Fixed Helena overall (dominance, slavery and break should work properly, but need further testing) and fixed some minor things for other NPCs, also added a small tip when you go to them to make it more clear what you need to do.
  • Added an option to change the size of the text, at least a game not only for ants!
  • There were some problems with breast sizes, I think it's fixed but needs further testing
  • Added an option in the introductory scene that doesnt forces you to fuck Helena
  • Fixed the plant girl not attacking
  • Enemy scenes now reduce lust
  • Fixed the skills not changing correctly, we will soon expand the info about them too!
  • Also some text had tags around, we have deleted we ones that have been reported but we will look more into it

Feel free to check the blog!
duodevelopers.blogspot.com/2016/12/build-010b-not-for-ants-anymore-edition.html

Speaking of quotation marks, because that grinds my gears every time, please use the proper style and positioning of the punctuation for the language. For example:

US English: “This is a sentence with a ‘quote’ inside.”

British English: ‘This is a sentence with a “quote” inside’.

Spanish: «This is a sentence with a “quote” inside.».

French: « This is a sentence with a « quote » inside. »

German: „This is a sentence with a ‚quote‘ inside.“

Polish: — This is a sentence with a „quote” inside.

Note: If the dialogue is on its own in a line, Polish doesn't use quotation marks around the text, but prefixes it with an em-dash and a space. This is called a "quotation dash" and is sometimes also used in English (see: James Joyce's works), though without the space between the dash and the text.

Also, some of the gender variables are mixed up, like the defeat scene for the wolfman, my male character is getting it in the ass, but it references his cunt and femcum

Also, using italics and quotation marks would help discerning text from dialogue.

noted! Actually the italics is something I may add now that I re-add the texts with corrections! And will check those texts too to fix them, thanks!

Speaking of quotation marks, because that grinds my gears every time, please use the proper style and positioning of the punctuation for the language. For example:

Spanish: «This is a sentence with a “quote” inside.».

French: « This is a sentence with a « quote » inside. »

German: „This is a sentence with a ‚quote‘ inside.“

Note: If the dialogue is on its own in a line, Polish doesn't use quotation marks around the text, but prefixes it with an em-dash and a space. This is called a "quotation dash" and is sometimes also used in English (see: James Joyce's works), though without the space between the dash and the text.

Yeah, we will correct this soon too, sorry! 

Also, some of the gender variables are mixed up, like the defeat scene for the wolfman, my male character is getting it in the ass, but it references his cunt and femcum

Also, using italics and quotation marks would help discerning text from dialogue.

noted! Actually the italics is something I may add now that I re-add the texts with corrections! And will check those texts too to fix them, thanks!

Speaking of quotation marks, because that grinds my gears every time, please use the proper style and positioning of the punctuation for the language. For example:

Also, the Final purity scene for Helena displays the variants for both genders, there are things like [iF BALLS] and [iF VAG] littered throughout the screen

Also, the Final purity scene for Helena displays the variants for both genders, there are things like [iF BALLS] and [iF VAG] littered throughout the screen

hey thanks! We will try to fix this for the next update. Adding quotes will take longer, but all new texts will, and older too, same as adding italics. 

EDIT: Good, its fixed, thanks for the feedback! 

Having played with the game a bit ... damn, the presentation makes it hard to read the text. Too much of it at once, scrolling sucks too. I'd break most of it down to smaller chunks, not display it at once.

Since you are using Unity, did you take a look at the JokerScript package? It's a fully fledged "visual novel" style system, with some support for Live2D and MMD models among others. Other than that, the script is rather easy to learn and compact, supports the usual if/then/else statements, branching, background music, transitions, image maps ... all the neat stuff.

They have a tutorial, but in case your Japanese isn't quite up to par, somebody translated parts of it. Not that it's particularly hard or anything ...

Just wanted to say: cool game for what you have so far! I can definitely tell you were inspired by CoC, but I like the different direction you're taking. Also: I really appreciated that you seemed to make rape content optional, as someone who doesn't enjoy that type of content! Really looking forward to where this game goes, and I'm loving the artwork that's in the game so far!

I'm not sure if this was a bug, but I did notice that when I loaded a saved game, all the dialogues in the Commercial District would reset back to the first encounter dialogue (not allowing me to interact with the shops until I came back a second time).

Having played with the game a bit ... damn, the presentation makes it hard to read the text. Too much of it at once, scrolling sucks too. I'd break most of it down to smaller chunks, not display it at once.

Since you are using Unity, did you take a look at the JokerScript package? It's a fully fledged "visual novel" style system, with some support for Live2D and MMD models among others. Other than that, the script is rather easy to learn and compact, supports the usual if/then/else statements, branching, background music, transitions, image maps ... all the neat stuff.

They have a tutorial, but in case your Japanese isn't quite up to par, somebody translated parts of it. Not that it's particularly hard or anything ...

Oh well yes, its a wall of text, but its on the vein of other text adventures games like TiTs or CoC, we want to improve readability but the presentation overall I dont think it will change much. 

Thanks for the tip tho! I will check it out, probably to use something like this in special scenes of the game for dates and similar in the future.

Any other change to the UI you think its relevant or necessary?  

Just wanted to say: cool game for what you have so far! I can definitely tell you were inspired by CoC, but I like the different direction you're taking. Also: I really appreciated that you seemed to make rape content optional, as someone who doesn't enjoy that type of content! Really looking forward to where this game goes, and I'm loving the artwork that's in the game so far!

I'm not sure if this was a bug, but I did notice that when I loaded a saved game, all the dialogues in the Commercial District would reset back to the first encounter dialogue (not allowing me to interact with the shops until I came back a second time).

Hey thanks a lot! We know its pretty unpolished but we wanted to release soon because we lacked testers and we didnt wanted to release in six months with x3 the bugs haha. And yeah CoC is the main inspiration, although we want to expand further in other directions: More combat, conquest, among other things. Still pretty rough but we will try to expand the features as soon as we can! 

And no problem! Actually thats the MAIN objective behind this game: So often you play games that force content that you dont like through your throat, ruining the mood, we want to make every scene optional to advance in the game and let you customize your experience with tags in the future (Tags that will slightly modify certain scenes to make them more appropiate for your tastes).

What you say may be a bug, I will look into it ASAP today and see if I can reproduce it, and fixing that for the next release if I manage to find out whats going on.

Lastly I am glad you like the art! I just wish I was faster to produce even more variants, customs and other things, but we'll see in the future! Keep tuned for new updates! 

EDIT:
Hey Thanks a lot for telling me about the market! It seems like for some weird reason I commented the code out and it wasnt saving, shouldn't be a problem anymore! 

(...)

Yeah, you need a friggin' map, badly.

If an option does nothing (like some of the town locations) or has no sub-options available at this time, the UI needs to have them disabled instead of (in the former case) letting the player wondering why nothing happens and if the game is broken or (in the latter case) wasting their time going through sub-options which do nothing just to check if any new content became available.

And aural feedback ... the UI is too silent at the moment.

some_clicks_by_keneynl.zip

(...)

Yeah, you need a friggin' map, badly.

If an option does nothing (like some of the town locations) or has no sub-options available at this time, the UI needs to have them disabled instead of (in the former case) letting the player wondering why nothing happens and if the game is broken or (in the latter case) wasting their time going through sub-options which do nothing just to check if any new content became available.

And aural feedback ... the UI is too silent at the moment.

hey that about adding clicking sounds is a good idea!

About the map dont worry, we already have that in our schedule, we will work on it for the next update after the one we will release soon, so in around 2-3 weeks we hope to have a functional map for the world and the town 

Do you plan to expand the interactions with retainers later in development? As of this moment, there really isn't much to do with them after training and dating or enslaving them.

yes, actually we will probably change the system (or lack therefore) to make it more interesting, so improving relationship wouldnt be just talking with them 3-4 times and then immediately dating them 5 times in a row. Same with slavery, among other things. The followers that are already in game may take longer to be changed, but we want to improve this with new characters ASAP to have the code in place and then redo the old ones. 

Guys our first relevant update is here! 0.1.1! Here is the link! MEGA

And here is the changelog!

CHANGELOG 0.1.1
-Old saves won't work! (And we also changed the path of the saves, so old ones won’t even load and conflict). Sorry for this, but so far we believe this will not happen again in the future.
-Added a new region: The plains. There you will be able to find some events, and a fight with a Dodo girl and an Equine guy. For now the zone is already in accessible, in the future you will have a chance to unlock it while exploring the forest.
-Added the rank system to the clothes, now depending of how you dress the description of your character will change. Isn’t much for the moment, but we will keep expanding it to make it more dynamic, and it will affect how certain NPCs talk and interact with you.
-We actually added tattoos and piercings, you can find them at the beauty shop (former tattoo shop). Tattoos use player input, so you can have any design you want, and piercings have different materials and models, not many, for now, but we can expand it in the future. This is only aesthetic complements.
-Improved general stuff, bug fixes with followers, etc.

Okay, now that I had time to run through the 0.1.1 version while paying close attention to the details, here's a "stream of thoughts" as I play it ...

"When your guardian died fighting beasts, you tried to keep living as usual ..."

Here's a good point to get the first part of character detail in, by asking what exactly the player concentrated on to survive.

• Trap small game and fish
  • Hunt larger game?
  • Tend to your garden?

While the results in terms of stats should be minimal if any, such questions serve pretty well to flesh out the character and by remembering them, can lead to alternative solutions or paths in later game.

Moving on ... The knight tells you that you inherited a fiefdom. Which means he either recognised you somehow (after all, you could be any random thug who just happened to be at this place), or is bullshitting you something fierce. Would be nice how he recognises you. For example, he could take check how you looks (... which you then pick up, in my case a red-haired, green-eyed human guy named Arse), and declare that this is exactly the person he was sent out to inform.

Speaking of this guy, what happens to him? It doesn't seem he accompanies you to the city. Certainly fact we don't get to learn anything about him or the situation at your destination seem to indicate that's the case, but it's not quite clear.

Speaking of recognition, how do the two soldiers recognise you, and who pays them to care? Knowing what we do about the world, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to rob you and drop your body into a shallow grave - seeing as they are two armed men, you are alone and unknown in the city, and everybody would just assume you got killed by random beasts if you didn't show up.

This is another point which could help with characterisation of the character, even if the results are the same: Do you trust those soldiers and are glad they are there, order them around as if you already owned the place, follow them cautiously while making sure they don't make any sudden moves, or tell them to piss off since you can clearly see the castle and don't need baby-sitters?

Well, there we go, we meet our house maid. Yay, first real choice! It doesn't cost anything to be friendly, so let's do that. We can still screw her over later.

Of course, our good intentions are quickly countered by the fact that we straight up lie to her about not having any money despite the stats on the left clearly showing "Gold: 50". Oh well. The things I do for profit (and love).

Continuing on with the info dump, we learn we're fucked financially (but so is everyone else), that the two remaining big houses are Abbadon and Junia, and that the city goes further down the drain by relying on slaves (which is historically only sustainable if you have a stead supply of fresh cheap slaves coming from the outside, which the city doesn't) instead of exploiting the lower-level social strata. You know, living in the woods doesn't seem like such a bad lot now ...

... especially now that the city welcomes me with an assassin. Oh crap.

Thankfully, the end result is just that Helena gets drugged and the would-be assassin stabbed, so that part doesn't go too badly. Oh, another choice! I can ...

• Give her more of the poison (which she craves) and have sex with her.
  • Refuse to give her more of it and have sex with her anyway.
  • Pocket the potion and walk away.

Wait - I can't just give her the potion, then walk away and check the remainder of the castle while she masturbates her horniness away somewhere I don't need to hear it or care about it? Why not? She doesn't seem strong enough to overpower me, and in any case I already killed one man today, I wouldn't have any problems with killing her too. Oh well. I just picket the potion and tell her to get lost. Strangely, the potion disappears from my inventory when I check a few days later. My first employee, and she already turns out to be a dirty thief ...

In the next days, I send people (well, Helena, since she's the only one in my employment right now) to collect taxes immediately spend it all to hire some servants. At least I assume that's the case, since my "Gold" stat doesn't change one bit. Gods only know what happens with the assassin's corpse. Helena probably makes some stew from it or something.

Well, that would be it for the introduction. I'm on Day 1 of my way to utter ruin, have a red bar with 100 something (I'd assume life force for now) and a pink bar with 0 something else (given the kind of people I need to work with, I'll assume blood alcohol level and will try my darnedest to raise it as high as possible on every occasion), 30 points in Physical and Social, 50 in Mental, 15 in Corruption (well, it's hard to be corrupt when nobody has money for bribes ...) and still the 50 Gold I started with and which Helena didn't find and steal yet. The world is mine!

To be continued ... (maybe)

Okay, now that I had time to run through the 0.1.1 version while paying close attention to the details, here's a "stream of thoughts" as I play it ...

"When your guardian died fighting beasts, you tried to keep living as usual ..."

Here's a good point to get the first part of character detail in, by asking what exactly the player concentrated on to survive.

• Trap small game and fish
  • Hunt larger game?
  • Tend to your garden?

While the results in terms of stats should be minimal if any, such questions serve pretty well to flesh out the character and by remembering them, can lead to alternative solutions or paths in later game.

Moving on ... The knight tells you that you inherited a fiefdom. Which means he either recognised you somehow (after all, you could be any random thug who just happened to be at this place), or is bullshitting you something fierce. Would be nice how he recognises you. For example, he could take check how you looks (... which you then pick up, in my case a red-haired, green-eyed human guy named Arse), and declare that this is exactly the person he was sent out to inform.

Speaking of this guy, what happens to him? It doesn't seem he accompanies you to the city. Certainly fact we don't get to learn anything about him or the situation at your destination seem to indicate that's the case, but it's not quite clear.

Speaking of recognition, how do the two soldiers recognise you, and who pays them to care? Knowing what we do about the world, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to rob you and drop your body into a shallow grave - seeing as they are two armed men, you are alone and unknown in the city, and everybody would just assume you got killed by random beasts if you didn't show up.

This is another point which could help with characterisation of the character, even if the results are the same: Do you trust those soldiers and are glad they are there, order them around as if you already owned the place, follow them cautiously while making sure they don't make any sudden moves, or tell them to piss off since you can clearly see the castle and don't need baby-sitters?

Well, there we go, we meet our house maid. Yay, first real choice! It doesn't cost anything to be friendly, so let's do that. We can still screw her over later.

Of course, our good intentions are quickly countered by the fact that we straight up lie to her about not having any money despite the stats on the left clearly showing "Gold: 50". Oh well. The things I do for profit (and love).

Continuing on with the info dump, we learn we're fucked financially (but so is everyone else), that the two remaining big houses are Abbadon and Junia, and that the city goes further down the drain by relying on slaves (which is historically only sustainable if you have a stead supply of fresh cheap slaves coming from the outside, which the city doesn't) instead of exploiting the lower-level social strata. You know, living in the woods doesn't seem like such a bad lot now ...

... especially now that the city welcomes me with an assassin. Oh crap.

Thankfully, the end result is just that Helena gets drugged and the would-be assassin stabbed, so that part doesn't go too badly. Oh, another choice! I can ...

• Give her more of the poison (which she craves) and have sex with her.
  • Refuse to give her more of it and have sex with her anyway.
  • Pocket the potion and walk away.

Wait - I can't just give her the potion, then walk away and check the remainder of the castle while she masturbates her horniness away somewhere I don't need to hear it or care about it? Why not? She doesn't seem strong enough to overpower me, and in any case I already killed one man today, I wouldn't have any problems with killing her too. Oh well. I just picket the potion and tell her to get lost. Strangely, the potion disappears from my inventory when I check a few days later. My first employee, and she already turns out to be a dirty thief ...

In the next days, I send people (well, Helena, since she's the only one in my employment right now) to collect taxes immediately spend it all to hire some servants. At least I assume that's the case, since my "Gold" stat doesn't change one bit. Gods only know what happens with the assassin's corpse. Helena probably makes some stew from it or something.

Well, that would be it for the introduction. I'm on Day 1 of my way to utter ruin, have a red bar with 100 something (I'd assume life force for now) and a pink bar with 0 something else (given the kind of people I need to work with, I'll assume blood alcohol level and will try my darnedest to raise it as high as possible on every occasion), 30 points in Physical and Social, 50 in Mental, 15 in Corruption (well, it's hard to be corrupt when nobody has money for bribes ...) and still the 50 Gold I started with and which Helena didn't find and steal yet. The world is mine!

To be continued ... (maybe)

Thanks for the review and feedback!

To the first point, yes, we are thinking in the future to add something that will help your character have more dimension. A game we were thinking off to do this is like Mount & Blade, where they ask you about what you did when you were young, who where your parents and so on. It had a small impact too, but it was interesting. Since we will want to add skills in the future, we will probably implement this along those. 

Moving on, yes thats a good observation, I will expand further that dialogue between the knight and the MC. He just leaves, actually whats going on, and you will know more about this in the future of the plot, is that if you received the city is just because no one at the capital wanted it: Its far away, its super dangerous thanks to the plague that corrupts anyone, and the place is a shithole anyway (at least, compared to other cities). When the former lord of the city died, they were already aware of your presence but first tried to send someone of trust from the capital, but after 2 years and no volunteers they just decided to send the title to you just to have someone on place. The knight is also not interested to stick around at all, he accomplish his tasks and leaves at full speed.

This is the order of events even if its not in the game, is how the writer and I talked about it time ago: The knight is sent to Aurorum to look for you, someone tips him off that you are living in that cabin (a person that used to send couriers with supplies in the past, before the situation was so harsh that he had to stop), and the Knight leaves, informing the city about your comeback. Since there is almost no visitors to Aurorum (actually, pretty much none with the exception of few recognized merchants, since the roads have dissapeared and sea trade is blocked by pirates to the west, and by monsters at the east), its not hard for them to figure out thats you, by your age and general description.  

We like the idea of adding branches in these circumstances, we will try to add them too because we will, after the UI is complete, work on a reputation system, these exchanges make sense once thats implemented and will make it more interesting! 

(Sorry about the 50 gold, eh... it should be 0 lol, we also need to add the potion to the loot, so thats more like mistakes on me part doing the code than writting haha)

The gold you have technically is your own savings, and  costs of maintentance, etc. is reduced from your taxes and whats left is what you take, like real life I guess haha.

After the navigation is improved, we will work on the management side of the game too: Upgrading buildings, more mandates and edicts, public policy, etc. These will cost money, and this will use the same idea: They will cost "prosperity" when doing the daily income calculation, and whats left transform into gold for your pocket. So if you have 100 prosperity, and use 50 in management, you get 50*3 gold each day 

for some reason the game crashes as soon as I open it O.o?

Its likely because the game tries to create a file (the save file), try starting the game as admin?? This is usually the only type of crash thats been reported so far, I apologize for it (Let me add that info since its relevant)

ah I see

when are you going to get that bug fixed? or is it low priority?

uh I dont think thats a bug, I think thats how unity works, not sure if there is a work around to be honest, but I will look into it and see if there is a way to it, although for how it is, I doubt it :/

Archived