Debauchery in Caelia Kingdoms - Last public release: 17th august 2018

MaratDuoDev

The first "proper" day in the seat. Time to meet the neighbours ... I mean, my subjects. The dead don't pay taxes, so my first steps are towards the Junia house, given that they deal with food and trade. I know the situation is bad, but I'd like to see how bad before the famine hits.

Let's do a quick check of my posessions though: Nothing of value in my inventory or warehouse. I check with Helena about the general state of affairs (as bad as I remember it) and sighing heavily leave for the city ...

... and promptly get lost trying to find the Junia barns. Where is a guide when you need one?
[in-game, the button simply doesn't work for now]

Time to get wasted. Only ... the inn is empty. Bugger. Where should I get my booze?!?

Frustrated, I check the alchemist store to see if they got something against the smell and mounting head-ache as well as tell me what the hell that liquid the assassin tried to use on me was, but the proprietor, Elizabeth, seems more interested in enlarging and shrinking potions. Interesting ... but maybe for some other time. Would be sweet to have some guards towering a head or two above everyone else, for starters.

Afterwards, I check with Alba the tailor to see what clothes I can afford (the answer being none of them - how the hell does she even have customers with those prices?). Same goes for the wares Faberius the blacksmith is peddling. At least the latter is not surprising. The few customers who absolutely need weapons and armour are expected to be able to pay premium.

This being already late in the evening, I head back, grab a bowl of whatever stew is in the castle's kitchen and go to rest a bit. I have a sweat dream about slaughter and destruction, but sadly wake up just when it reaches the climax. [bUG: Saving at this point and later re-loading gets me a random dream, which means it is different nearly every time.]

Checking everything, my stats are the same, only I have magically 90 more gold, for a total of 140.

The first "proper" day in the seat. Time to meet the neighbours ... I mean, my subjects. The dead don't pay taxes, so my first steps are towards the Junia house, given that they deal with food and trade. I know the situation is bad, but I'd like to see how bad before the famine hits.

Let's do a quick check of my posessions though: Nothing of value in my inventory or warehouse. I check with Helena about the general state of affairs (as bad as I remember it) and sighing heavily leave for the city ...

... and promptly get lost trying to find the Junia barns. Where is a guide when you need one?

[in-game, the button simply doesn't work for now]

Time to get wasted. Only ... the inn is empty. Bugger. Where should I get my booze?!?

Frustrated, I check the alchemist store to see if they got something against the smell and mounting head-ache as well as tell me what the hell that liquid the assassin tried to use on me was, but the proprietor, Elizabeth, seems more interested in enlarging and shrinking potions. Interesting ... but maybe for some other time. Would be sweet to have some guards towering a head or two above everyone else, for starters.

Afterwards, I check with Alba the tailor to see what clothes I can afford (the answer being none of them - how the hell does she even have customers with those prices?). Same goes for the wares Faberius the blacksmith is peddling. At least the latter is not surprising. The few customers who absolutely need weapons and armour are expected to be able to pay premium.

This being already late in the evening, I head back, grab a bowl of whatever stew is in the castle's kitchen and go to rest a bit. I have a sweat dream about slaughter and destruction, but sadly wake up just when it reaches the climax. [bUG: Saving at this point and later re-loading gets me a random dream, which means it is different nearly every time.]

Checking everything, my stats are the same, only I have magically 90 more gold, for a total of 140.

im sorry for that! Junia isnt implemented yet! Will be soon enough tho. Glad you tried the game and hope you enjoyed it even if its just proof of concept for now! 

Also dreams at are at random, and are recurrent overtime so you will be see them again! (We will keep adding more dreams in the future to dont make it as repetitive, also followers and such will change night events too!)

Also dreams at are at random, and are recurrent overtime so you will be see them again! (We will keep adding more dreams in the future to dont make it as repetitive, also followers and such will change night events too!)

I realise the dreams are random. My point was that you randomise them each time the game loads ... which means that when I load it at the moment the dream gets displayed, I get a new dream each time I reload (instead of each new morning).

What you typically do in such a case is either save which random variable you picked for the dream choice of the day, or else use a predictable ("seeded") random number generator. This doesn't work with Unity's Random class, you have to use System.Random. Example:

private bool DreamFilterFunction(Dream dream) {
        // Check which dreams are available here
        return true;
    }

public Dream GetRandomDream() {
        System.Random dreamRNG = new System.Random(playerName.GetHashCode() + day * 101);
        List<Dream> availableDreams = allDreams.FindAll(DreamFilterFunction);
        // We throw away the first result for some more randomness
        int pickedDream = dreamRNG.Next() & 0xff;
        // Pick-and-throw-away-illegal algorithm instead of a simple modulo-based range
        // so that if we ever extend the dream list, we still retain the dream order
        // of "old" dreams with the new ones replacing them in a predictable manner.
        // If you don't care, use dreamRNG.Next(0, availableDreams.Count) instead.
        do {
            pickedDream = dreamRNG.Next() & 0xff; // 0-255
        } while (pickedDream >= availableDreams.Count);
        return availableDreams[pickedDream];
    }

I realise the dreams are random. My point was that you randomise them each time the game loads ... which means that when I load it at the moment the dream gets displayed, I get a new dream each time I reload (instead of each new morning).

What you typically do in such a case is either save which random variable you picked for the dream choice of the day, or else use a predictable ("seeded") random number generator. This doesn't work with Unity's Random class, you have to use System.Random. Example:

private bool DreamFilterFunction(Dream dream) {
        // Check which dreams are available here
        return true;
    }

public Dream GetRandomDream() {
        System.Random dreamRNG = new System.Random(playerName.GetHashCode() + day * 101);
        List<Dream> availableDreams = allDreams.FindAll(DreamFilterFunction);
        // We throw away the first result for some more randomness
        int pickedDream = dreamRNG.Next() & 0xff;
        // Pick-and-throw-away-illegal algorithm instead of a simple modulo-based range
        // so that if we ever extend the dream list, we still retain the dream order
        // of "old" dreams with the new ones replacing them in a predictable manner.
        // If you don't care, use dreamRNG.Next(0, availableDreams.Count) instead.
        do {
            pickedDream = dreamRNG.Next() & 0xff; // 0-255
        } while (pickedDream >= availableDreams.Count);
        return availableDreams[pickedDream];
    }

Well for random numbers I use the Random.InitState (System.DateTime.Now.Millisecond); Edit: Using the day and the hashcode is probably better, I will update my seeds with a code like that, thanks! 

Also there is a CD for the dream and regularly only appears once, but I dont save the variable so yeah you are right, if you save in the morning and load there will be a new dream that morning. I guess I could add that CD to the save file, although to be honest I dont think its worth it because this is somewhat inconsecuential. 

Right now we have run off first special dreams, related to followers and the like, and then we run generic ones. Uh, what I did is way more primitive than your suggestion, I will look it in more detail once im done with the maps

Unity's Random class is a badly written and abysmally designed mess. Only ever use it for things that you don't want to be able to replay and don't care to be able to debug, like random particle effects or similar.

For everything else - procedural generation, random event choice, random AI decisions, combat systems, economic systems, everything else you may want to replay or debug and get predictable results - you want a class you can create independent instances of, which you can control in terms of their seed used.

Unity's Random class is a badly written and abysmally designed mess. Only ever use it for things that you don't want to be able to replay and don't care to be able to debug, like random particle effects or similar.

For everything else - procedural generation, random event choice, random AI decisions, combat systems, economic systems, everything else you may want to replay or debug and get predictable results - you want a class you can create independent instances of, which you can control in terms of their seed used.

Yeah, I fucking hate the random class in unity. When I started with unity I thought it worked as, well, as expected. Until it was painfully obvious that it didnt random shit lol, or not pretty well. 

I do test the average results of skills, usually running them 1k or 2k, but really the results are far from optimal (balance is still an issue I believe), and I will take into account your suggestions in these regards

Day 2 of Sir Arse's quest for world domination ... or at least solid profit.

Time to visit the other big house, Abbadon. [NOTE: Sometimes spelled as "Abaddon" ...] The city district they own, the Agora, is less in ruins than the other parts of the city, which isn't saying much. Off to the only mansion which isn't completely covered in shit.

The ... "introduction" ... could go better. I barely manage to stay my hand and not decapitate the owner of the house on the spot after he punches me in the face (to be fair, I mistook him for some random wench). Abbadon doesn't seem to even notice, much less care that he just signed his death sentence by assaulting his liege. But for now, I need him - or rather, his house. As long as he's useful, he will be allowed to live.

The rest of the day is spent looking around town and gathering information on the other, less important houses. [NOTE: This isn't actually in the game, I'm just role-playing that part] After all, somebody will have to fill in the power vacuum after Abbadon's untimely and tragic demise, and I'll make sure that those families which will get the privilege are pretty damn loyal to me first.

Afterwards, I chat with Helena a bit about the current situation. She suggests I might try to conquer the other cities after I established my base here. Counting the amount of troops I have under my command (zero), I smile, nod, and give her a few coins for her retarded bright contribution to the conservation. She happily runs off to buy herself something silly, I assume.

Thus the day ends. I've gained another 90 gold (For a total of ... 230? Wait, didn't I just give a few coins of that to Helena yesterday?) and had a good night's sleep.

---------------------- EDIT ---------------------

Day 3. I quickly jerk off my morning wood, then gather my things and head to the blacksmith. Despite my best efforts to haggle the price down [NOTE: Not actually in the game], the weapons remain out of reach.

So much for the idea to get some better equipment before daring to check the outskirts. Sighing heavily, I grab my old sword and head out anyway. What could possibly go wrong, right? Right?!?

Well, the grassy plains aren't particularly interesting. Some colourful (Gypsy?) caravan passes by in some distance, followed by a bunch of horse-men or centaurs or something to that effect. Not wanting to deal with either of those groups, I head to the woods, trying to learn the lay of the land and maybe hunt me some game. At least I'd know what kind of flesh my servants would serve the next days, for a change. I think the recent dinner has been mostly well-cooked rats ...

My hunt sadly gets interrupted by a damn blonde bunny girl. She seems mostly harmless, but also pretty damn horny and not taking "No" for an answer. Staring her down, then delivering some well-deserved punches and kicks when she's unbalanced makes for a quick fight. [NOTE: The combat is really obtuse and which action does what not nearly clear enough, even with the tooltips. Also, the way to set up which skills you "equip" is somehow even worse ... can't we just pick from a long list, please? Also also ... are there even combos in this game?] Afterwards, I quickly craft an impromptu spear from a sturdy tree branch and mount her still bloody head on it, to serve as a reminder for everyone else around. There's a new force in town, and it doesn't fuck around. [NOTE: Putting heads on spikes is sadly not actually in the game; I just click on "BACK" instead of choosing any other action.]

From her body, I loot some (13) gold coins and a small bottle of ... rabbit legs oil? What? Well, it's sadly not alcohol, that's for sure. Thinking I might be able to sell it later or use it in some way to get favours, I pack it in my still rather empty inventory anyway and head back to town, my mood vastly improved by the slaughter.

Waking up from some steamy dream, I check my finances. 333 gold, nothing else changed. Remembering the blacksmith's prices, I sigh and reflect on what to do today ... Clearly, the outside is too dangerous to go at it alone and without proper equipment. I have a feeling I just got lucky yesterday.

Day 2 of Sir Arse's quest for world domination ... or at least solid profit.

Time to visit the other big house, Abbadon. [NOTE: Sometimes spelled as "Abaddon" ...] The city district they own, the Agora, is less in ruins than the other parts of the city, which isn't saying much. Off to the only mansion which isn't completely covered in shit.

The ... "introduction" ... could go better. I barely manage to stay my hand and not decapitate the owner of the house on the spot after he punches me in the face (to be fair, I mistook him for some random wench). Abbadon doesn't seem to even notice, much less care that he just signed his death sentence by assaulting his liege. But for now, I need him - or rather, his house. As long as he's useful, he will be allowed to live.

The rest of the day is spent looking around town and gathering information on the other, less important houses. [NOTE: This isn't actually in the game, I'm just role-playing that part] After all, somebody will have to fill in the power vacuum after Abbadon's untimely and tragic demise, and I'll make sure that those families which will get the privilege are pretty damn loyal to me first.

Afterwards, I chat with Helena a bit about the current situation. She suggests I might try to conquer the other cities after I established my base here. Counting the amount of troops I have under my command (zero), I smile, nod, and give her a few coins for her retarded bright contribution to the conservation. She happily runs off to buy herself something silly, I assume.

Thus the day ends. I've gained another 90 gold (For a total of ... 230? Wait, didn't I just give a few coins of that to Helena yesterday?) and had a good night's sleep.

---------------------- EDIT ---------------------

Day 3. I quickly jerk off my morning wood, then gather my things and head to the blacksmith. Despite my best efforts to haggle the price down [NOTE: Not actually in the game], the weapons remain out of reach.

So much for the idea to get some better equipment before daring to check the outskirts. Sighing heavily, I grab my old sword and head out anyway. What could possibly go wrong, right? Right?!?

Well, the grassy plains aren't particularly interesting. Some colourful (Gypsy?) caravan passes by in some distance, followed by a bunch of horse-men or centaurs or something to that effect. Not wanting to deal with either of those groups, I head to the woods, trying to learn the lay of the land and maybe hunt me some game. At least I'd know what kind of flesh my servants would serve the next days, for a change. I think the recent dinner has been mostly well-cooked rats ...

My hunt sadly gets interrupted by a damn blonde bunny girl. She seems mostly harmless, but also pretty damn horny and not taking "No" for an answer. Staring her down, then delivering some well-deserved punches and kicks when she's unbalanced makes for a quick fight. [NOTE: The combat is really obtuse and which action does what not nearly clear enough, even with the tooltips. Also, the way to set up which skills you "equip" is somehow even worse ... can't we just pick from a long list, please? Also also ... are there even combos in this game?] Afterwards, I quickly craft an impromptu spear from a sturdy tree branch and mount her still bloody head on it, to serve as a reminder for everyone else around. There's a new force in town, and it doesn't fuck around. [NOTE: Putting heads on spikes is sadly not actually in the game; I just click on "BACK" instead of choosing any other action.]

From her body, I loot some (13) gold coins and a small bottle of ... rabbit legs oil? What? Well, it's sadly not alcohol, that's for sure. Thinking I might be able to sell it later or use it in some way to get favours, I pack it in my still rather empty inventory anyway and head back to town, my mood vastly improved by the slaughter.

Waking up from some steamy dream, I check my finances. 333 gold, nothing else changed. Remembering the blacksmith's prices, I sigh and reflect on what to do today ... Clearly, the outside is too dangerous to go at it alone and without proper equipment. I have a feeling I just got lucky yesterday.

haha im enjoying these reports, they also help us see where we can balance things out, hopefully you will have more fun with the next build after we fix most of these mistakes!

haha im enjoying these reports, they also help us see where we can balance things out, hopefully you will have more fun with the next build after we fix most of these mistakes!

Don't get me wrong: A good half of the things I note aren't "mistakes", but simply things I'd imagine my (dominant and cruel) character would think and do. You're under no obligation to indulge my personal fantasies or the wishes of any specific character I'm playing.

• 4 weeks later...
New build 0.1.1b!

Here is the new build! Here we leave the link to two different versions. In one you start with no gold, which is the usual, in the other one you start with 10k, to speed up the process, specially since you need gold to bribe and corrupt followers and NPCs.

Normal version

10k gold version

CHANGELOG 0.1.1B

-Added further content for Abbadon, Yoshika and Lucina. Now you will be able to transform Abbadon into a male or female, the only req. Is 60 in relationship with him/her. Yoshika also can be fully corrupted and purified, and enslaved too. Lucina can be fully corrupted or purified, but still has little content beyond that.

-Position of power like the priest or the finance minister have functionality, helping you in corrupting your city or increasing the gold revenue. For now, the church doesn’t reduce corruption, but that will be changed soon.

-Fixed a lot of bugs!

It seems like little, but what we added to this update is mostly content more than functionality.

What’s next? We will focus on finishing Misaki and we will work on an hypnotist gecko girl and Junia, which will be the first futa follower (Don’t worry tho, you will be able to enjoy normal content with her if you disable the futa portion!).

Also, we will expand the role of the priest, and add the role of head inquisitor soon! (This may or may not be ready for the next update tho).

Lastly, we will add a new enemy of the plains, a chinchilla girl, and a Giantess and Goblin for the mountains.

[Note: Since the games aren't save game compatible, I restarted my old game and re-traced the steps as best as I could. This meant a lot of save scumming to get the random events to line up just right ... but so be it.]

[Changes I didn't bother to fix are: Different gold amount, 286, and "Rabbit distilled potion" instead of "Rabbit legs oil"]

Day 4 of Lord Arse the Cruel's rise to power.

Still not drunk enough.

I'm barely awake when a surprise visitor came up: my very own, long-lost mother. Seems she heard I became lord of Aurorum and came to see me as quickly as she could. [in the actual game, this seem to happen on exactly the morning of Day 3, that is about a week or two too early, way before you had any chance to get used to the usual gameplay. I had to put it at a later date to not break this playthrough's narrative.] The time has not been too kind on her body [avoiding too many spoilers here ...], though her mind seems to be as sharp as usual.

Well, she's nobility like me, so she obviously gets a room in the castle. Seeing as my father is presumed dead - else I wouldn't get to inherit anything - I'll have to see if I can find a proper husband for her.

First order of business, visiting the people who will be overseeing any dynastic ambitions I might have for my mother ... or myself: the town's chapel. Well, the only one still functioning anyway. The place is ran by a person named Sebastian Almsted, and he seems to be just my kind of guy: Using his power for his own gain without care of what others think about it. As long as we keep out of each other's spheres of influence, we should get along splendidly.

[in-game description: Sebastian "The Munchkin" Almsted is despised by most. It's a common fact that he abuses it's (should be: "his") position of power and is an arbitrary leader, resolving most of him (should be: "his") problems with the use of authority.]

We sit down to some nice red wine, chatting about the current situation and exchanging pleasantries [... which has another "him" where it should be "his" in the "Compliment" action, by the way.] Finally, some fine booze [... which doesn't do anything to my alcohol level - or my horniness, strangely], after over three days of getting by without. The pleasant company helps as well.

The rest of the day is spent checking on my staff. Sigrun and Lourdes seem like my best bet at bodyguards - an enforcer and a dark paladin, both human women. I'll need to talk to Elizabeth if we can do about how small they are though. When I have human shields, they should at least be about of my size to catch arrows effectively. Anyway, I chat with both a bit and they seem to be nice enough girls.

[A lot of the texts have problems with pronouns. Talking with Sigrun, I get "..., you sense that he is not fully on your side", despite her being a normal human female.]

[i also read up on game-specific stuff about Sebastian above. He is a "friendly trap male paladin human" with "pink hair with a long curls haircut" and "very feminine" behaviour, which makes little sense when the text when I actually go to church refers to him as "he". If it's a trap, it should have 1. a female name and 2. be referred to as "she" until I find out. Also, he is 125 cm in height, something which should be practically the first thing you notice since it's in the "dwarfism" stage even for a female human, and has a 27cm long dick - meaning that it goes down to his knees, seeing as his femur is about 125 cm * 26.74% = 33 cm long. I seem to have a goblin in my employ who's larger than him by half a head ...]

[Finally: Is it just me, or are the NPCs missing an "age" stat?]

I check my finances before going to bed: 376 gold. Weird, shouldn't it be more? Also, I still have that weird fluid I took off the rabbit girl I slaughtered yesterday. I totally forgot to ask Elizabeth the alchemist about it. A task for another day, I guess.

[Note: Since the games aren't save game compatible, I restarted my old game and re-traced the steps as best as I could. This meant a lot of save scumming to get the random events to line up just right ... but so be it.]

[Changes I didn't bother to fix are: Different gold amount, 286, and "Rabbit distilled potion" instead of "Rabbit legs oil"]

Day 4 of Lord Arse the Cruel's rise to power.

Still not drunk enough.

I'm barely awake when a surprise visitor came up: my very own, long-lost mother. Seems she heard I became lord of Aurorum and came to see me as quickly as she could. [in the actual game, this seem to happen on exactly the morning of Day 3, that is about a week or two too early, way before you had any chance to get used to the usual gameplay. I had to put it at a later date to not break this playthrough's narrative.] The time has not been too kind on her body [avoiding too many spoilers here ...], though her mind seems to be as sharp as usual.

Well, she's nobility like me, so she obviously gets a room in the castle. Seeing as my father is presumed dead - else I wouldn't get to inherit anything - I'll have to see if I can find a proper husband for her.

First order of business, visiting the people who will be overseeing any dynastic ambitions I might have for my mother ... or myself: the town's chapel. Well, the only one still functioning anyway. The place is ran by a person named Sebastian Almsted, and he seems to be just my kind of guy: Using his power for his own gain without care of what others think about it. As long as we keep out of each other's spheres of influence, we should get along splendidly.

[in-game description: Sebastian "The Munchkin" Almsted is despised by most. It's a common fact that he abuses it's (should be: "his") position of power and is an arbitrary leader, resolving most of him (should be: "his") problems with the use of authority.]

We sit down to some nice red wine, chatting about the current situation and exchanging pleasantries [... which has another "him" where it should be "his" in the "Compliment" action, by the way.] Finally, some fine booze [... which doesn't do anything to my alcohol level - or my horniness, strangely], after over three days of getting by without. The pleasant company helps as well.

The rest of the day is spent checking on my staff. Sigrun and Lourdes seem like my best bet at bodyguards - an enforcer and a dark paladin, both human women. I'll need to talk to Elizabeth if we can do about how small they are though. When I have human shields, they should at least be about of my size to catch arrows effectively. Anyway, I chat with both a bit and they seem to be nice enough girls.

[A lot of the texts have problems with pronouns. Talking with Sigrun, I get "..., you sense that he is not fully on your side", despite her being a normal human female.]

[i also read up on game-specific stuff about Sebastian above. He is a "friendly trap male paladin human" with "pink hair with a long curls haircut" and "very feminine" behaviour, which makes little sense when the text when I actually go to church refers to him as "he". If it's a trap, it should have 1. a female name and 2. be referred to as "she" until I find out. Also, he is 125 cm in height, something which should be practically the first thing you notice since it's in the "dwarfism" stage even for a female human, and has a 27cm long dick - meaning that it goes down to his knees, seeing as his femur is about 125 cm * 26.74% = 33 cm long. I seem to have a goblin in my employ who's larger than him by half a head ...]

[Finally: Is it just me, or are the NPCs missing an "age" stat?]

I check my finances before going to bed: 376 gold. Weird, shouldn't it be more? Also, I still have that weird fluid I took off the rabbit girl I slaughtered yesterday. I totally forgot to ask Elizabeth the alchemist about it. A task for another day, I guess.

Hey thanks to report those bugs, we will fix them asap! 

Now the gold is somewhat more dynamic, like it receives bonuses from having a finance minister i.e.  and your taxation laws.

The gender of the traps is male so thats why they have male pronouns, uh, I dont think I can change that. Also should be said that since there is transformation, very small non-dwarf humans exist haha (the first time they could be down to 90 cm!) and we have not added an age stat because we rather let that to be ambiguous, but that may change in the future. 

The gender of the traps is male so thats why they have male pronouns, uh, I dont think I can change that. Also should be said that since there is transformation, very small non-dwarf humans exist haha (the first time they could be down to 90 cm!) and we have not added an age stat because we rather let that to be ambiguous, but that may change in the future. 

The biological sex of traps is "male". This has nothing to do with their apparent gender, which is feminine. This is the case of separating the actual identity of the NPC from what the player character believes the NPC to be and applies to more than just real sex/apparent gender. Examples, ranging from trivial to severe, include:

• hair colour ... or if the hair is even natural
  • name
  • race (imagine what alchemy or illusion magic can do)
  • social status

You don't need to go overboard with the age, given turn steps are only one day, but at least something like "child", "adolescent", "adult", "mature", "old" and "ancient" could work (with some minimal restrictions like only "adult" women being able to bear children or people at "mature" stage or later having limits to their physical stats and skills and thus not being good fighters). Possibly also "young adult" for humans between 18 and 29 or so. This also saves you from defining what the exact year brackets for different races are.

EDIT: Also, a "trap" that's essentially hung like a horse seems ... silly. Shouldn't there be a maximum penis size limit to qualify as "trap"? Else it'd be too hard to conceal ...

The biological sex of traps is "male". This has nothing to do with their apparent gender, which is feminine. This is the case of separating the actual identity of the NPC from what the player character believes the NPC to be and applies to more than just real sex/apparent gender. Examples, ranging from trivial to severe, include:

• hair colour ... or if the hair is even natural
  • name
  • race (imagine what alchemy or illusion magic can do)
  • social status

You don't need to go overboard with the age, given turn steps are only one day, but at least something like "child", "adolescent", "adult", "mature", "old" and "ancient" could work (with some minimal restrictions like only "adult" women being able to bear children or people at "mature" stage or later having limits to their physical stats and skills and thus not being good fighters). Possibly also "young adult" for humans between 18 and 29 or so. This also saves you from defining what the exact year brackets for different races are.

EDIT: Also, a "trap" that's essentially hung like a horse seems ... silly. Shouldn't there be a maximum penis size limit to qualify as "trap"? Else it'd be too hard to conceal ...

Yeah, but again, the game detects the biological sex to decide which pronouns to use, and since they are male, it uses that. I am not against having gender as another layer, but after working with Abbadon, it is very annoying to be honest, and not sure if it's worth it. In the end, not sure if gender has any meaning in a society where  people can change biologically change their whole body in a day playing with potions, I think there is a point where you just refer to genitals just for the sake of using something (To be honest I think the correct answer is "they would only use neutral pronouns" but I am not used to them nor I have seen a wide use of an specific one, so this path I think kinda does it. With cuntboys and dickgirls that somewhat goes for the intersex tho).

I may limit the size of the dick if the conditions for a trap are met tho, maybe a max of 15 cm. 

About the age I dont want to use it just because I dont want to even get close to things that may sound like "underage" since we don't use that kind of content in the game, and def. child or adolescent are underage categories. Still I am not closed to that idea of having some sort of age, is just I need to give it more thought. 

I may limit the size of the dick if the conditions for a trap are met tho, maybe a max of 15 cm. 

I'd suggest making it a max of 10% of height, and even that is being generous (which would mean my dear Sebastian would have "just" 12 cm maximum).

I think you're over-thinking the sex/gender/pronoun divide. The logic here is very simple, there are just one attribute and some properties derived from them:

• Which sex someone is. This is your whole male/female/trap/futa/dickgirl/whatever deal. Sebastian would have "sex" set to "trap" (ideally an enum).
  • An "IsMale" and an "IsFemale" read-only property, which are derived from the sex above and deal with their biology. Some can be both. Someone (like an eunuch) can be neither. Sebastian would return TRUE for "IsMale" and FALSE for "IsFemale", since he can impregnate someone and can't get pregnant himself.
  • Which gender someone appears as. This is again a read-only property, derived from the sex. Sebastian would have Gender.FEMALE.
  • Which gendered set of pronouns to use for the person when describing them. If this property is not set (NULL), it returns the set based on the apparent gender, else the one set. In case of Sebastian, this would be Pronouns.FEMALE unless I learn that he's a trap, then either I can decide to switch it to Pronouns.MALE, or the game does automatically.
  • Which gendered set of pronouns to use for the person when my character is talking about them. This is different from the above, since even if my character is aware that Sebastian isn't really a cute pink-haired girl like he pretends to be, I can still keep pretending to the rest of the world on his behalf and use the female pronouns for things I say. It defaults to the one above.

The code for this is quickly written and pretty clear ...

public class Biology {
    public Sex sex;
    public bool IsMale {  get { return sex == Sex.MAN || sex == Sex.TRAP || sex == Sex.FUTA || sex == Sex.DICKGIRL; } }
    public bool IsFemale {  get { return sex == Sex.WOMAN || sex == Sex.FUTA;  } }
    public Gender ApparentGender {
        get {
            if(sex == Sex.MAN || sex == Sex.EUNUCH) {
                return Gender.MALE;
            } else if(sex == Sex.WOMAN || sex == Sex.TRAP || sex == Sex.FUTA || sex == Sex.DICKGIRL) {
                return Gender.FEMALE;
            }
            return Gender.OTHER;
        }
    }
    private Pronouns? indirectPronounsOverride = null;
    public Pronouns IndirectPronouns {
        get {
            if(null == indirectPronounsOverride) {
                // Use the apparent gender
                Gender apparentGender = this.ApparentGender;
                if(apparentGender == Gender.MALE) { return Pronouns.MALE; }
                else if(apparentGender == Gender.FEMALE) { return Pronouns.FEMALE; }
                else { return Pronouns.NEUTER; }
            }
            return indirectPronounsOverride.Value;
        }
        set { indirectPronounsOverride = value; }
    }
    public void ResetIndirectPronouns() {
        indirectPronounsOverride = null;
    }
    private Pronouns? directPronounsOverride = null;
    public Pronouns DirectPronouns
    {
        get
        {
            return (null == directPronounsOverride) ? this.IndirectPronouns : directPronounsOverride.Value;
        }
        set { directPronounsOverride = value; }
    }
    public void ResetDirectPronouns()
    {
        directPronounsOverride = null;
    }
}

public enum Sex { MAN, WOMAN, TRAP, FUTA, DICKGIRL, EUNUCH }

public enum Gender { MALE, FEMALE, OTHER }

public enum Pronouns { MALE, FEMALE, NEUTER, PLURAL /* pluralis majestetis, or swarm creatures */ }

And then you need to have a way in your engine to replace some tags based on the IndirectPronouns (the most common case) and DirectPronouns (when quoting the player character) results. The amount of tags isn't that big either: he/she/it/they (subject form), him/her/it/them (object form), his/her/its/their (possessive adjective form), his/hers/its/theirs (possessive pronoun form), himself/herself/itself/themselves (reflexive pronouns form), he's/she's/it's/they're (object form with "to be" copula), he's/she's/it's/they've (object form with "to have").

----------------------

A different topic: Ever thought of allowing people to add their creations to the random pool of characters via dropping suitable files into the "StreamingAssets" directory, similar how Slave Maker and SimBro do it?

I'd suggest making it a max of 10% of height, and even that is being generous (which would mean my dear Sebastian would have "just" 12 cm maximum).

I think you're over-thinking the sex/gender/pronoun divide. The logic here is very simple, there are just one attribute and some properties derived from them:

• Which sex someone is. This is your whole male/female/trap/futa/dickgirl/whatever deal. Sebastian would have "sex" set to "trap" (ideally an enum).
  • An "IsMale" and an "IsFemale" read-only property, which are derived from the sex above and deal with their biology. Some can be both. Someone (like an eunuch) can be neither. Sebastian would return TRUE for "IsMale" and FALSE for "IsFemale", since he can impregnate someone and can't get pregnant himself.
  • Which gender someone appears as. This is again a read-only property, derived from the sex. Sebastian would have Gender.FEMALE.
  • Which gendered set of pronouns to use for the person when describing them. If this property is not set (NULL), it returns the set based on the apparent gender, else the one set. In case of Sebastian, this would be Pronouns.FEMALE unless I learn that he's a trap, then either I can decide to switch it to Pronouns.MALE, or the game does automatically.
  • Which gendered set of pronouns to use for the person when my character is talking about them. This is different from the above, since even if my character is aware that Sebastian isn't really a cute pink-haired girl like he pretends to be, I can still keep pretending to the rest of the world on his behalf and use the female pronouns for things I say. It defaults to the one above.

The code for this is quickly written and pretty clear ...

public class Biology {
    public Sex sex;
    public bool IsMale {  get { return sex == Sex.MAN || sex == Sex.TRAP || sex == Sex.FUTA || sex == Sex.DICKGIRL; } }
    public bool IsFemale {  get { return sex == Sex.WOMAN || sex == Sex.FUTA;  } }
    public Gender ApparentGender {
        get {
            if(sex == Sex.MAN || sex == Sex.EUNUCH) {
                return Gender.MALE;
            } else if(sex == Sex.WOMAN || sex == Sex.TRAP || sex == Sex.FUTA || sex == Sex.DICKGIRL) {
                return Gender.FEMALE;
            }
            return Gender.OTHER;
        }
    }
    private Pronouns? indirectPronounsOverride = null;
    public Pronouns IndirectPronouns {
        get {
            if(null == indirectPronounsOverride) {
                // Use the apparent gender
                Gender apparentGender = this.ApparentGender;
                if(apparentGender == Gender.MALE) { return Pronouns.MALE; }
                else if(apparentGender == Gender.FEMALE) { return Pronouns.FEMALE; }
                else { return Pronouns.NEUTER; }
            }
            return indirectPronounsOverride.Value;
        }
        set { indirectPronounsOverride = value; }
    }
    public void ResetIndirectPronouns() {
        indirectPronounsOverride = null;
    }
    private Pronouns? directPronounsOverride = null;
    public Pronouns DirectPronouns
    {
        get
        {
            return (null == directPronounsOverride) ? this.IndirectPronouns : directPronounsOverride.Value;
        }
        set { directPronounsOverride = value; }
    }
    public void ResetDirectPronouns()
    {
        directPronounsOverride = null;
    }
}

public enum Sex { MAN, WOMAN, TRAP, FUTA, DICKGIRL, EUNUCH }

public enum Gender { MALE, FEMALE, OTHER }

public enum Pronouns { MALE, FEMALE, NEUTER, PLURAL /* pluralis majestetis, or swarm creatures */ }

And then you need to have a way in your engine to replace some tags based on the IndirectPronouns (the most common case) and DirectPronouns (when quoting the player character) results. The amount of tags isn't that big either: he/she/it/they (subject form), him/her/it/them (object form), his/her/its/their (possessive adjective form), his/hers/its/theirs (possessive pronoun form), himself/herself/itself/themselves (reflexive pronouns form), he's/she's/it's/they're (object form with "to be" copula), he's/she's/it's/they've (object form with "to have").

----------------------

A different topic: Ever thought of allowing people to add their creations to the random pool of characters via dropping suitable files into the "StreamingAssets" directory, similar how Slave Maker and SimBro do it?

This looks good but I will look it in depth later. Actually I wanted to determine the gender appaerance with more factors: How feminine is the face, the body language (both stats already in game but not widely used), if the size of cock was too big or too small, beard, breast size, etc. But I havent worked that much that for now 

• 2 months later...

Hey we took our time off from forums to keep improving the game significantly first before posting again, but here is the last change log! (Also the first post has been updated accordingly)

----

Here is 0.1.1 D H1! Already mostly bug fixed and estable until next month build! Here is the changelog from version 0.1.1 C to D:

More straightforward story! Instead of poking followers at random now there is a main quest to follow that will help you shape the city and it's citizens in a more organic way! Just check the tab "Journal" at the left panel!

• Lucina complete (the goo girl and mother's MC)! The content (writing) was complete for the dev build but with certain bugs it was impossible to advance, now it should be totally available.
  • New follower, Itzel, almost complete! Well, her quest line is complete, she only has 2 scenes afterwards which is 1 date and then the date changes into a sex scene. We will add 4 dates more and 4 new sex scenes for the next build.
  • Introduction of Vivica! Your pretty sister that has been tainted by dark magic! For now there is only the initial quests where you get to know her, but we will finish her in the next 2 months, with a quest to learn magic and of course a pure and purification route!
  • We added a new scene for Abbadon where he has public sex and a relief scene where your character will do hot dogging to a random citizen!

Beyond that, we are happy of this probably final redo of how the game advances plot-wise, before it was a mess and hard to tailor, but now that the main plot is more VN like we can add more fun stuff, like a special scene if you had corrupted Helena but go with the pure route of Itzel. Also, with future followers you will indeed see how the citizens of the city change, hopefully you guys like what we have planned! 

What you can expect next month

As usual, the next release will be around day 5-7 of april, and you can expect: 

• All the sex scenes of Itzel
  • Most of the magic quest of Vivica
  • A new follower, virgil, a petite blonde wallaby librarian! (with monster boy alternative)
  • Another new follower, Celia, the futa wolf dean of the university! (with woman and human alternative)

And we don't promise this, since we need to see how much work the art and the writing of these guys are (since they have more varians since the plot starts to change since Itzel), but there will be a petite alchemist doll boy if we get the chance for it!

• 5 months later...

Greetings! Here it is the new build from our game. After months of hard work, we have polished the fundamentals of our game: UI, Combat, the creation of NPCs, and a more meaningful story where your choices matter! 

The overall story is as follow: You’ve inherited the lordship of a small kingdom, now you’ll face the challenge to earn the trust of your new subjects with your leadership, or submit them into obedience with your iron fist. Take charge of your subjects, create new laws, enslave monsters and imprison your enemies. 

This new build also has a lot of new art done by cutesexyrobutts and otonaru!

You can support us at www.patreon.com/duodevelopers, all the money goes back into the game in the form of art and soon enough editing too!

Current features:

•  Over 30k of text within 3 characters: Your maid Helena and two nobles, the stiff Abbadon and the lewd Alba.
  •  Multiple choices for your story and your character!
  •  Transformation implemented for your character.
  •  Combat, although is still basic, it's a good basis to improve from this point.
  •  All the UI, save, load, inventory system, and everything else already in place. 

We want to expand upon these features, and add the next ones too! 

• CG and more sexy art, not just sprites!
  • Management for your slaves
  • More shops and better customization
  • More content inside combat, like texts, being able to fuck your adversaries, or be fucked!
  • Pregnancy and marriage!
  • and of course more story and enemies!

Hope you guys check it out and give us feedback to keep improving our game! 

• 4 months later...

Had a lot of fun playing the unpolished game, I really can't wait to see the final product! I love a good story line and choose your own adventure, and this game seems to have a little bit of everything. Looks like there is even romance in the mix with all the ero stuff which is what I feel is missing in a lot of games (Abbadon < 3) . The writing can use some cleaning up, but I can understand everything. Thanks for creating this! 

• 6 months later...

I haven't been here in a while, to be honest I've been waiting until the game had more content before I started to post it in forums and else, here is the latest public version tho!
MEGA

Here is also the changelog, and you can get the newest build at our patreon at https://www.patreon.com/DuoDevelopers

The changelog of this version, for those who are interested!

Hello patreons! Well as I said the build was almost ready, so here it is!

I’ll go into detail about what it contains:

Bugfix: There was a bug with Virgil that created the same quest many times, don’t worry if you had this problem just do the quest again, I did added something that should delete the duplicated quests, but if it doesn’t works somehow please tell in the comments!

Luna’s dominant story line! It has 4 quests, all of them with something kinky! In future updates I’ll add transformations and sex scenes for her! 

Main story: with 3 quests for Virgil, these are mostly lore though, but for the next build his story will be finished and there will be interesting content for him!

Two new scenes for dominant Helena, you can find along other scenes (Big oral and pegging are named, I suck with these names...) 

Two new scenes for Abbadon with BDSM/Pony play, you need to corrupt Abbadon first tho (66+ corruption).

There were also many changes in combat, although the current flow of it will not change, I’m starting to add more content to make it interesting: Equipment now actually works. Before it added and changed some stats, but they were ignored in combat (when I first released combat the enemies did way too much dmg, so I just buffed the MC a lot), now they are more relevant: Going naked and unarmed is now punishing, although for now I still think the game is kinda easy. I’ll be working on balance for the release of 0.2.5 so at that point this will be more noticeable even. 

Also bug fixed a lot of equipment that you couldn’t wear.

Text and content! Now there is a short text when you just face your enemy and one when you defeat it or when they defeat you, also if you yield now you can get 4 sex scenes where the enemy dominates you. Take into account I still need 4 se scenes more, so when you yield there is a 50% chance you get a placeholder.

Now enemies give loot, this may be buggy and need more testing but so far the tests I’ve done it works just fine.

And that’s all for this dev build! For the release of 0.2.5 you can expect more of this tho: Improving combat more, more sex scenes, another poll too. 

There should be said that I’m also working to release content for Alba in 0.2.5, at least dates and transformation at the end, also new outfits for the enemies and finishing Virgil, so keep tuned and thank you all for your support and feedback!

I'm having trouble getting the 0.2.5 dev2 version to open.  The only resolution option it gives are "Windowed" and 1366x768, and when I try to run it in the latter with "Windowed" unchecked, it crashes and says that it can't stretch to that resolution.

When I run it in windowed mode, it doesn't crash but it doesn't show up either, not even ten minutes after I clicked "Play!" does it seem to (or what I assume it's doing, at least) finish loading.

Any ideas or help that any of you can give me would be very much appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 7:20 PM, NovaEclipse97 said:

I'm having trouble getting the 0.2.5 dev2 version to open.  The only resolution option it gives are "Windowed" and 1366x768, and when I try to run it in the latter with "Windowed" unchecked, it crashes and says that it can't stretch to that resolution.

When I run it in windowed mode, it doesn't crash but it doesn't show up either, not even ten minutes after I clicked "Play!" does it seem to (or what I assume it's doing, at least) finish loading.

Any ideas or help that any of you can give me would be very much appreciated.

I dont know why it doesnt works properly,  altho there were some bugs in that early version so maybe that would help? To be honest I dont touch much of this stuff and I let unity handle it, but more often than not unity handles it poorly 

/////////////////

In another note, there is a new release this month! Here is the changelog for the new public version! but it should be said that this latest update (0.2.6 dev) its kinda big, and thats thanks for all your support! Either by contributing through patreon but also through feedback, bugs report or just hanging around in the discord! If you guys want to join here its the link! 

Here an image of the new outfits in 0.2.6!

Spoiler

img.png

Changelog of 0.2.5!

Spoiler

Hello patreons! First of all thank you all for your support!

This month has been great, I got a second writer to help me do secondary content and it’s been working great. He has helped to write few dates with Alba and the new sex scenes for enemies.

But let’s go straight to the changelog:

Two final quests for Virgil, finishing his route with two endings!
The first two quests for Celia! In reality there are 4 quests, because she has an initial corrupt route and pure route, these routes are determined depending if you corrupted Itzel or not.
5 Dates for Virgil! 2 for his corrupt route, 2 for his pure route, and a third one roughly shared by both, so there is replayability for different routes!
3 Dates for Alba! The first one was written by me and has not been edited yet, the last 2 were done by the new writer, feedback would be welcomed!
A lot of sex scenes in combat! First of all 4 new generic sex scenes for when you are defeated to be used as placeholder in the meantime, then 8 sex scenes when you get defeated by elves (depending if you have dick or not, and if they do). Also, 8 scenes for when you defeat an elf, depending again on genitals there are different options!
Bug fixes: A lot of them really. One of the routes of Alba was screwed and I didn’t knew until recently, and apparently corrupting/purifying Itzel was bugged. A lot of things have been fixed overall but please report anything weird!
And that would be all, as usual I would be really grateful if you guys report any bugs, but also feedback about the new writing and new sex scenes with the enemies.

Expect therefore better updates from now on, since I will be focusing on the main characters while the new writer adds tons of new content to the kinda ignored management side of the game.

Next month I’ll keep working on Celia, will add new content for Alba (sex scenes) and Virgil (Feminization training), sex scenes for your workers, enemies and new polls too!

Archived