CTD - MO Error c0000005

Hey LL,

So I'm at a loss.  I'm experiencing a CTD that I'm just unable to diagnose.  While I was CTD'ing before due to a mod script issue, I've since removed the mod and used the savegame scalpel to take out the script references.  It seemed to work for a period, but I inevitably CTD'ed again.

I started CTD'ing again and again, with consistency and relative frequency based on loaded cells with a cryptic error popping up in MO:

Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "unknown" (85000000). Last hooked call: struct HINSTANCE__ *__stdcall LoadLibraryW_rep(const wchar_t *)

I know what you're thinking: Probably a mod-related issue for it to be cell-related.  Not always the case.  When I restart my computer, the game sometimes becomes playable again and I can progress for a period of time.

And it's not save-specific either; I've made several new saves to verify that this isn't the problem, and the issue still persists (in different areas and at different times, so it's not strictly one mod's assets, either).

If I had to wager a guess, it looks to be some kind of MO error?  I've looked around for this error code before, but it seems to be pretty generic and leans toward an MO/Windows error.  Typically this has occurred for other people (however the Origin field for them contains a filepath) due to file permissions issues for user accounts, but my gaming account has administrative privilege.  

There were mentionings it could be related to SKSE, so I also reinstalled that as well.  No dice.

Any ideas?  Is it possible for the MO install to be bad in a case like this?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to provide some help!

This is not a mod issue but of an OS related crash of how Windows is interacting with the game. I found a similar thread on Steam but this gives little to a fix.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/535152276588079808/

There's another thread on STEP that give a little bit more detail

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/6919-ill-and-then-crash/

How I found these was Googling Windows Exception (c0000005) skyrim

I've never had this but I hope these help or another gives better insight.

Archived