Infinite loading screen on loading exteriors, it loads if i alt-tab...

uriel1987

So that's a wierd issue and i have no idea how to fix it.

I was having bad performance and i found online that  bUseCombinedObjects=0 worsen the performance a lot. I removed it and the performance is indeed much better, but now it hangs forever on loading screen whenever i try to go to an exterior cell.

If i alt tab and resume the game it loads instantly without issues. :s I got a decent pc with an ssd so usually the loading times are very fast.

I don't have any mod that require that setting, and i tried to load without any mods and the issue persists.

I'm using mod organizer. What can i do?

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. I was getting about 2-5 minutes per load when going into or out of an interior cell - the ones with the plain black screens and just a small vault logo at the bottom right. Sometimes they never ended. Judging by what I saw from googling the problem it's a common one when using an ssd with this game.

My game seems all right for the moment (still too slow for an ssd - around 20-30 seconds per load - but it's bearable.) I can't tell you exactly what fixed it though. I spent a while switching from the last MO2 beta to NMM as a last resort but, by the time I'd finished the latest official update for the game had been released. So I don't know which of those two things, if either, made the difference.

It's not all Bethesda's fault though, I can honestly say I've never experienced a load screen longer than 10 seconds tops and that was with "bUseCombinedObjects=0" for a scrap mod I was using, tweaking the ini edit and disabling the mod did nothing to affect my in game performance whatsoever and the reason for that is, the ini tweaks like that one (and others such as ugrids) are baked into the save game so simply uninstalling or changing the value and continuing won't have any effect, visual or otherwise.

The best way to check is a new game with the changed ini's (no save game) and see what the difference is there :)

The best way to check is a new game with the changed ini's (no save game) and see what the difference is there :)

Yes i tried that but no difference for me, even with a new game and no mods (other then an alternative start mod, i couldn't bear to do another prewar/vault 111 start)

Maybe it has something to do with mod organizer. Mermanc mentioned moving to nmm and Mo it's giving me all sort of wierd issues that i never had with a nmm installation (like sometimes refusing to start the game or not loading the mods at all) until i restart the system and then it works fine.

Anyway i restored vanilla inis, tweaked them from scratch and still had the issue. Then i removed all active processes and windows services that i didn't absolutely needed. In one hour of gameplay i didn't get any freeze, but still i got very very long load times sometimes...

I think if the issue become unbearable or i start to get freezes again i'll try to install with nexus mod manager or just take every mod and drop it in the data folder manually and see what happens :(.

What ini tweaks are you using, where do you get the tweaks from, as some of the tweaks I've seen floating around the internet are erroneous at best,

if your running a vanilla game with just the 1 alt start mod then you could run it with Vanilla ini files, if you still suffer issues with vanilla unchanged ini files then your remaining problem areas could be.

• Your computer specs
    • This could be anything from not enough ram to conflicting files within your directory to a virus causing issues on your system to something simple like AntiVirus

• Corrupt or damaged game files
    • This could be checked and fixed with a verification of steam files through steam itself

• MO being your area of issue
    • Switching to NMM may alleviate the issue, it may not, worth a try, I will note I have been using NMM all the while for Fallout 4 and never had any issues worse than a 10 second loading screen.

I did have any wierd ini tweak really, i just did the tweaks to enable mods and disabled vsync (and then activated an fps limiter) and changed FOV.

Also uExterior Cell Buffer=144 and iNumHWThreads=4 and a bunch of other graphical tweaks (like shadows )were written by fallout 4 configurator.

Anyway the problem for me was mod organizer, i reinstalled everything on nexus mod manager and the loading times are back to normal, also don't get wierd ctds and mod disabling at startup.  :)

• 3 months later...

Just started using Mod Organizer with Fallout4 and all of a sudden I'm getting infinite loading screens and long loading times. I've read elsewhere as well that MO causes these problems. What a disappointment! I really liked MO.

Archived