Looking to learn what you know about Papyrus errors!

Heppai

Greetings!!

Hey guys so I'm rebuilding Skyrim for what seems to be the fifth time. I built it everything looks nice with all my mods, however I'm experiencing problems. So, I come to you wonderful people not only because I want help, but I want to learn how to self diagnose and fix my own problems. Perhaps I can even help the community out in the future!

I opened my Papyrus log and found it was a lot of jibberish. I don't understand what each error means from the next. I downloaded the papyrus log viewer to better understand it but I still can't make heads or tails of what my problem is. 

I downloaded and I am reading over this:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2844636

But is it accurate? Are there any other guides out there, anyone you could refer me to for help in this?

In the meantime, by looking at my papyrus log, what can you tell me immediately about what problem I am facing? I would just like to understand on how to get learning all of this...

I would like to thank all of you for your endless selfless help in tech support!Papyrus.0.log

Some decryptions for your log:

Error: Property xxxENCInscribe0 on script xxxENCQuill attached to  (24004142) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (062888A7) is not the right type

This is because a mod altered a property (usually by removing it from a script) without cleaning it up on CK before.

Not a big problem, just spam in the log and on the VM, but the game will run fine

Error: Unable to bind script FXcameraAttachCloudScript to  (61008E81) because their base types do not match
This is because a mod removed a used script, or change the format of the script without requiring a clean save

Not a big problem, just spam in the log and on the VM, but the game will run fine

Error: File "CCO - Uninstaller.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.
Extremely annoying error and possible sources of crashes.
The mod tries to get a form from a mod that is NOT installed, without using the safe Game.getModByName("xxx.esp")!=-1
Sporadic load game crashes are often related to this.

Error: Unable to call UnregisterForUpdateGameTime - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
Not a serious problem, probably in the save game a magic effect was applied to a temporary object.
No real solution to avoid these errors.

Error: Cannot call GetRace() on a None object, aborting function call

Can be a script error, trying to do something without checking if the object is available. Not sure here.

Dumping stack 117903:

Extremely BAD error. Slows down the game a lot, and runs out of memory for the Papyrus VM.

A mod is just doing something wrong.

(P.S. Use the latest version of XPMSE, you have an old one.)

Error: Cannot call IsShield() on a None object, aborting function call

Poorly written code. It supposes to have an object and does something on it without checking.

The uninstaller is probably from this mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21587/?

You have one mod that calls for that mod.

Did also notice as CPU did say, you have some dumping stacks treads. Those are annoying. And can crash your game.

Those often comes when you do have stress on your papyrus, wrong files that are installed.

Or as CPU says "A mod is just doing something wrong."

Can I ask how have you installed your mods?

Have you one proper loadorder and correct files overwrite?

Do you have latest Papyrus/Jcontainers installed?

Netimmerse is already installed whit B-F.

I must have been tired this morning.

RaceMenu is it that have netimmerse whit it. Not B-F.

Your Beeing Female do have serious issues to start up correct. It should run fine and not that many errors in your papyrus. If you are using Bane_masters latest patch.

Okay heres what I did and found.

1. I uninstalled CCO and went with Disparity, another mod that achieves the same objective.

2. Found the patch for BF and seeing how that will work out. I wasnt using it.

3. Found JContainers were not updated. I don't know how that happened as I JUST installed these mods.

4. I don't know if I have the correct files overwritten. How would I make sure I've done that right?

I am still genuinely interested in learning about scripting if you have anything to pass on! :)

I did google this, but it seems the information is either dated, or inconsistent. 

As far as my game, Ill let you know what happens. Thank you guys!!!

EDIT: Updated with a crash that just happened, I completed my above tasks and its just not cooperating.

Archived