Flashing lightbulbs

MizukiNagano

Hey there everyone just hoping I could see if it's just me or if it's normal. In diamond city (but may not just be limited to just diamond city) at night some of the hanging lights at certain distances and angles will cause some of the light bulbs to flash as if they were old fashion camera light bulbs taking a photo. It's the best way to describe what I see even when standing still at the right distance and angle.

Once I look at a different angle or stand at a different location the flashing either is gone completely or the effect is much less pronounced. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue and if so if they have a solution to it.

This happens even without an ENB installed and even during daytime i can see it happening but its a lot less noticeable since its brighter everywhere else. I tried uninstalling the mod "True Storm" thinking that the weather effects it can add may have somehow affected the lighting of the game but that didn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

----------------

EDIT:

After some more testing I looked into True Storms again and decided to see if it was perhaps a specific weather setting that was affecting the lighting. What I found was that foggy weather in general, not because of the mod, makes this effect very prominent and with clear weather the effect is practically non-existant even at night.

So that means it's got something to do with the lighting in fallout 4 and how it interacts with fog/smoke. Wonder if i need to turn down a setting in fallout 4 like the lighting or something else...

Archived