Trouble with body mods

I've tried several different body mods that looked rather appealing but none of them seem to work. I always get the default white underwear whenever I strip an NPC to check the mod. 

I've tried mod organizers and manual installs, and yes I have checked all the FAQ's and posted questions in the threads of those specific mods. 

In all cases I have found no answers. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there is a fix available. 

What I would like ideally is a voluptuous nude female body for npc's with minimal dirt and scaring. All the ones I have tried are the CBBE style ones. specifically Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer and Plus-Size Voluptuous.

I have the script extender installed, and I have tried removing all mods and just running the body changes to no avail. This also isn't the only mod I have had issues with. None of the repair sanctuary mods worked either, nor did the one sex mod I was able to find f4 animated prostitution. 

Sounds like you have installed steam to the default directory (program files).  UAC tends to fuck with mods.

You need to move your steam installation. 

The only other thing I can think of, besides you just flat out installing things wrong, is failing to archive invalidate.

If you want us to actually help, you'll need to provide more info......unless you like us to randomly guess.   :P

Sounds like you have installed steam to the default directory (program files).  UAC tends to fuck with mods.

You need to move your steam installation. 

The only other thing I can think of, besides you just flat out installing things wrong, is failing to archive invalidate.

If you want us to actually help, you'll need to provide more info......unless you like us to randomly guess.   :P

No all my game files are in their own non program files folder. I haven't used program files for a steam install since windows 7, currently on 10. 

I'd be happy to provide more information, but I currently can't access my game because steam just auto updated and the fine folks at silverlock haven't updated the script extender yet. 

I assume they will by the end of the week, they are usually pretty good about that. 

What I can say is I'm using the nexus mod manager. But I did try taking the body mod apart file by file and manually placing each in the correct directory... and after that didn't work I rage quit and gave up on the idea for about a month. Then I posted here because I thought I would give it another go... and because Gwen McNamara looks really good in her vault-suit and I want to see what is underneath. 

Also yes I reset archive invalidation several times. I have tried all of the things that I normally do when a mod doesn't work, short of making this thread. I just don't get it, the only other time I had difficulty with a body mod was in new vegas and that was a mesh issue, not the entire mod just flat out not working.

Also I made the correct additions to the fallout.ivi file which every mod prompts you to do upon instillation. So that isn't the issue.  

If mods that have ba2 packed archives are working and it's just mods that are loose files that don't, then your ini edits are not done right. Verify that you're editing the ones in the correct place. You should only be editing them in the My Documents\My Games\Fallout 4 folder. Not in the Fallout 4 game folder under the Steam apps. Also if you weren't already try using the Fallout4Custom.ini instead of editing Fallout4.ini that way if you run a file validation or steam overwrites the default ini for some reason all your custom changes stick.

The contents of my fallout4custom.ini file 

[Display]
iLocation X=0
iLocation Y=0
fPipboyScreenEmitIntensityPA=1.25
fPipboyScreenDiffuseIntensityPA=0.15

[Archive]
blinvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

[Pipboy]
bPipboyDisableFX=1

the pipboy thing is for the map mod I have installed... which doesn't completely work either. Its supposed to be in color and its not, but that one is at least tolerable in that the rest of the mod works.

Also yes, its in the documents, my games, fallout 4 folder, not in steamapps. 

Ah. Pretty sure its the resource dir. Try this:

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

The directory list is intentionally empty after the equal sign.

Having your setting specifying the strings folder, is telling the game to *only* look for loose files in the strings folder.

Tried it, no difference. I actually had it that way before. I added the strings/ because one FAQ recommended it as a possible fix, obviously it didn't work. 

Wow I should drink more coffee. Re-check spelling.

You have 

blinvalidateOlderFiles=1

It should be

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

Too many i's. It's not using the loose files at all.

That's it! it worked! and it fixed the map problem! I could fucking kiss you I can't believe it was so obvious...

The infuriating part. I'm pretty sure I copy and pasted that directly from a how to thread so it wasn't even my spelling error. 

That's it! it worked! and it fixed the map problem! I could fucking kiss you I can't believe it was so obvious...

The infuriating part. I'm pretty sure I copy and pasted that directly from a how to thread so it wasn't even my spelling error. 

Glad it's fixed. Enjoy the bewbs and stuff.

Archived