Stockings Set D

View File

This CC is offered completely free / You can change, edit, modify it however you like; no need to ask me for permission / I don’t take requests nor commissions wysiwyg

Details:

• Base game compatible
  • For teen, young adult and adult femsims
  • Located in the “Accessory” slot
  • Enabled for naked, everyday, sleepwear, formalwear, career, outwear and validformaternity
  • Disabled for random sims
  • D1 and D2 has 4 color channels, D3 and D4 use 3
  • Only available in .package format

Defects:

• Pixelation and ugliness at full zoom, the photo doesn’t show it because I took it using the HD Mod (can be used for everyday simming, if your GPU-CPU combo is good enough)
  • Depending on the animation (default or custom) some texture stretching might happen
  • The color black and related look absolutely atrocious everywhere except on the stockings
  • Using patterns is recommended

Notes:

• Tested on both the default body and MedBod, any other custom mesh based on the original UV coordinates shouldn’t have any problems
  • D1 has a seam that ends on a plumbbob, it stops near the leg-feet’s union to make it compatible with the default shoes, the Impossible Heels and any other shoes in existence
  • D4 has a second variation
  • D1 maybe, MAYBE, will appear somewhere else *wink*

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Josh,

first, thank you for your excellent mods.

I have one problem with your stockings (all of them). When I change their color in CAS, the red removing arrow disappears in reopening CAS. I'm not saying that it's your mod's fault but I have no similar problem with any other CC in accessories but your stockings. Would you be kind to advice me what to do? Thank you.

Hi Josh,

I have one problem with your stockings (all of them). When I change their color in CAS, the red removing arrow disappears in reopening CAS. I'm not saying that it's your mod's fault but I have no similar problem with any other CC in accessories but your stockings. Would you be kind to advice me what to do? Thank you.

​O.o?  First time I hear that one, just to be sure, do you mean this arrow?:

post-535934-0-64862800-1480054544_thumb.png

Do you use any mod to modify CAS behavior? I use nraas mastercontroller and Kuree's CASP editor but it doesn't interfere.

What version do you have installed? The last functional one is 1.67 (EA released a 1.69 version for Origin users but it doesn't affect anything CC related).

I know I parrot this every single time, but please, clear your caches and try again.

Hi Josh,

​O.o?  First time I hear that one, just to be sure, do you mean this arrow?:

attachicon.gifCAS_accessories_arrow.PNG

Do you use any mod to modify CAS behavior? I use nraas mastercontroller and Kuree's CASP editor but it doesn't interfere.

What version do you have installed? The last functional one is 1.67 (EA released a 1.69 version for Origin users but it doesn't affect anything CC related).

I know I parrot this every single time, but please, clear your caches and try again.

Thank you for the answer.

Yes, that arrow. I'm using 1.67 patch and MC.

I did cleaned all catch files and it doesn't solve the problem. I haven't tried reinstall the your mod yet. Do you think this might solve the problem?

The reason I didn't reinstall your mod is that all of the girls in my game wearing only yours stockings and if I do that, I'm afraid I might ruin my saves.

Don't worry, when you uninstall a piece of clothing and is used by a saved game or family on your library the game automatically replaces it with an item in the same category. In your case your sims will use another pair of base stockings or socks. This also happens for furniture, windows, makeup, hair, etc. You only need to refresh the caches everytime you remove or add a new CC.

I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong because each stockings are just 3 pieces (or less) of dds textures plus a thumbnail saved as png, everything else has been cloned from the game's silky stockings and renamed to avoid conflict.

In the worst, worst, worst case scenario extract the textures and make your own stockings using the CAS Texture Unitool or The SimsResource Workshop.

Before getting to that point, is there any other mod you use? like kinkyworld or awesomemod, any bit of info helps biggrin.png

@Elf Prince : If the MC-->CAS-->"use more than one accessory per location" is on, the arrows for equipped items do not display properly sometimes.

@JoshQ... really like what you're making and thank you for sharing it.Especially those heels of yours :) Perhaps in the future you can come up with an idea to "sexy up" that fusion or whatever suit (that you equip from the cryo chamber).

@Elf Prince : If the MC-->CAS-->"use more than one accessory per location" is on, the arrows for equipped items do not display properly sometimes.

@JoshQ... really like what you're making and thank you for sharing it.Especially those heels of yours smile.png Perhaps in the future you can come up with an idea to "sexy up" that fusion or whatever suit (that you equip from the cryo chamber).

​You're right, mastercontroller does it and you're still able to remove the accessories, quoting directly from the site:

• When enabled, it is possible to assign multiple accessories to the same location on a sim, such as two different earring parts
  • Note: If you want to recolor an additional part, add it to the sim, right click on the item in the selection window, and press the "Create A Style" button.
  • If you attempt to select it directly off the sim, you will only ever receive the first part you added.

​​Also thanks! I don't have the cryo chamber :( I was tempted to buy the deluxe version to get it but at the las minuted decided not to, then saw the suit and screamed "fuck" internally but chances are the mesh EA designed makes it hard to "sexify" or at least is what I want to beleive :P

Don't worry, when you uninstall a piece of clothing and is used by a saved game or family on your library the game automatically replaces it with an item in the same category. In your case your sims will use another pair of base stockings or socks. This also happens for furniture, windows, makeup, hair, etc. You only need to refresh the caches everytime you remove or add a new CC.

I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong because the stockings are just 3 pieces (or less) of dds textures plus a thumbnail saved as png, everything else has been cloned from the game's silky stockings and renamed to avoid conflict.

In the worst, worst, worst case scenario extract the textures and make your own stockings using the CAS Texture Unitool or The SimsResource Workshop.

Before getting to that point, is there any other mod you use? like kinkyworld or awesomemod, any bit of info helps :D

@JoshQ... really like what you're making and thank you for sharing it.Especially those heels of yours smile.png Perhaps in the future you can come up with an idea to "sexy up" that fusion or whatever suit (that you equip from the cryo chamber).

​You're right, mastercontroller does it and you're still able to remove the accessories, quoting directly from the site:

• When enabled, it is possible to assign multiple accessories to the same location on a sim, such as two different earring parts
  • Note: If you want to recolor an additional part, add it to the sim, right click on the item in the selection window, and press the "Create A Style" button.
  • If you attempt to select it directly off the sim, you will only ever receive the first part you added.

​​Also thanks! I don't have the cryo chamber :( I was tempted to buy the deluxe version to get it but at the las minuted decided not to, then saw the suit and screamed "fuck" internally but chances are the mesh EA designed makes it hard to "sexify" or at least is what I want to beleive :P

Thank you both for the answer.

I'm using OKW and Passion mods. I also have always enabled "use more than one accessory per location". But the problem existed even before I enable it.

I will try to reinstall your mod and see what is happening.

I'm using OKW and Passion mods. I also have always enabled "use more than one accessory per location". But the problem existed even before I enable it.

I also have used passion without any apparent problems and I doubt OKW is treating my CC differently compared to the base accessories, besides the "isRevealing" flag.

Do you have Delphy's Dashboard?

I also have used passion without any apparent problems and I doubt OKW is treating my CC differently compared to the base accessories, besides the "isRevealing" flag.

Do you have Delphy's Dashboard?

Yes i do. :) Not know how to use the program properly.

The link will show you the basics and how to detect any possible conflict.

Also let’s try this, I cloned a pair of stockings with S3OC and replaced the textures with S3PE, it was a very very very quick and dirty maneuver but as seen on the pic, it worked:

post-535934-0-21568200-1480206545_thumb.jpg

Only defect is there's only one color channel and I used a different thumb but the objective is to see if the problem remains. Try it.

JoshQ_afAccessoryStockings_cottonAboveKnee_E9B2B361.zip