Double Nipple CBBE and UNP mesh/texture error

crankytoaster

Hello, I have been recently been editing my follower bodies and I have noticed that of all of my followers 3 of them have an error in which each breast had 2 nipples. Someone had replied earlier that it was an inconsistancy between CBBE and UNP textures or meshes. However, he failed to describe a way to fix it, what I would like to know is, which files should I replace in the follower folder? So far I have been replacing the followers body files with my players body files, here is a list of the files that I replaced.

Meshes:

femalebody_1.nif

femalefeet_1.nif

femalehands_1.nif

Textures:

femalebody_1.dds

femalehands_1.dds

femalehead_1.dds

If you need screen shots I can provide them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you want your followers to use CBBE then you need to install textures that were made for CBBE.  The same applies to UNP/UUNP meshes and textures made for UNP.

If your followers use their own folder structure for both meshes and textures, you will need to move the meshes to the follower's meshes folder and the correct body textures to the follower's texture folder.

If your followers uses the same folder structure as the vanilla races then you simply install the body meshes and textures as-is.

MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > CHARACTER ASSETS

TEXTURES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > FEMALE

The body meshes would be:

femalebody_1.nif

femalebody_0.nif

femalehands_1.nif

femalehands_0.nif

femalefeet_1.nif

femalefeet_0.nif

The body textures would be:

femalebody_1.dds

femalebody_1_msn.dds

femalebody_1_s.dds

femalebody_1_sk.dds

femalehands_1.dds

femalehands_1_msn.dds

femalehands_1_s.dds

femalehands_1_sk.dds

Not all texture replacers would have all of these files.

Okay thanks for the reply, quick question. In the body textures I should keep the head file, right? Also another post told me that if I want to keep the original skin color/type I only have to move the files with .dds after them. If you don't mind, could you tell me what exactly each different kind of file does? What makes the .dds different from the msn.dds for example.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/What_are_all_these_texture_files%3F

As you can tell, there is more to your character's skin's appearance than just the color.

For the skin color you do only need the .dds, but you will still get some "double-nipple" effect if you mix cbbe and unp for the other texture files.

And do keep the associated head and body files together.  You don't want the head and body to mismatch.  At the very least you would get a bad neck seam, most likely a much worse clash.

Archived