Better body textures yet?

astor

Depends on what body you are using.  Since I'm using UUNP I'm using this one:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602/?

It works for CBBE as well.  Just make sure to use a non BBP or HDT version of CBBE or UUNP.  I just fired up bodyslide, and selected the preset that had neither.  Bodyslide defaults the path to the original Skyrim directory no matter where you have bodyslide (I happened to have a copy in my SSE directory).  You can change this in the settings under the game path.  So I just put C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\ , which is where my game was installed.

Keep in mind that Calinente and Osunius are working on a new CBBE/UUNP for SSE.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/68722-cbbe-uunp-bodyslide-and-outfit-studio/

Old meshes work fine with the special edition, custom skeletons as well.

And you can use texture sets too.

HDT won't work, but tbh I couldn't care less. (right now I'm using PetiteUNP HDT (just because there is an armor I like) without any issues).

And animations won't work till they are updated to Havoc 64 bit.

@Wast1980 - When you say custom skeletons, you mean the ones in the the ones in the \character assets folder?  Is this without the hkx?  

For example:

Skeleton.nif, skeletonbeast.nif, and skeleton.hkx.

The reason I ask is because I had a major conflict when I copied over the skeleton in the 1stperson folder.  

Regardless, I'm going to test this immediately.  Thanks for the heads up :D

@Astor - Ah, I understand now what you are looking for.  I'll drop a link if I see/hear anyone else mentioning a good one.

@Wast1980 - When you say custom skeletons, you mean the ones in the the ones in the \character assets folder?  Is this without the hkx?  

For example:

Skeleton.nif, skeletonbeast.nif, and skeleton.hkx.

The reason I ask is because I had a major conflict when I copied over the skeleton in the 1stperson folder.  

Regardless, I'm going to test this immediately.  Thanks for the heads up :D

@Astor - Ah, I understand now what you are looking for.  I'll drop a link if I see/hear anyone else mentioning a good one.

I just meant the nif files, honestly not sure if you even need the skeleton, there are no animations which make use of the bones, so it shouldn't crash without custom skeletons.

Archived