Trouble with Animations for Wicked Whims (Sims 4)

Trouble with Animations for Wicked Whims

Hello my friends, I am requesting any help or suggestions to remedy issues I have with animations for Sims 4. I have attempted to figure this out myself, but after a few hundred attempts (really) I have grown frustrated. Please forgive me if I have missed something simple. I have looked but have seen nothing that helps me figure out where I am failing. I have followed the online tutorial and found it very well written and helpful, however, still I fail.

In summary, I have completed the packages (trying with solo, two, and three sims) and it appears (sometimes for solo or two sims) in the woohoo area when clicking (say on double bed), with proper name for position and author (again, for solo and two sims only), but trouble comes with the animation playing. With solo, no animation playing. With two sims, one sim moving while the other stands in middle of the bed. Another problem, the moving sim is  moving as if in slow motion. With three sims, no one moving and no appearance of the name/author when asking to join in.

I am not the greatest animator, but I have learned a lot from the YouTube channels. I have made plenty of animations for Sims 3. These run nicely and are as fluid in-game as they are in blender. I have come a long way in the last few months and with my discovery of Wicked Whims I jumped headfirst into the Sims 4.

Now with the issue outlined, the only way I can figure to address where I am erring is show the steps I have taken. I apologize in advance for cluttering the board with this long post and will remove any pictures if needed. I put up spoiler tags too.

1 - My Animation

First, I am starting with a threesome. edit: Please note the length. I did not want to get too fancy with the animations until I was sure I could do the complete package correctly. Once I am able to do this, I will expand the scenes I've created.

image.png

I have secluded the rigs into individual files with unique names. These include: wickedeyedone_Double_Pen_top, wickedeyedone_Double_Pen_female, and wickedeyedone_Double_Pen_bottom. These files only include the rig for said actor.

image.png

2 - Converting to Clip

I next convert the blender files into clips. I save the file to my desktop (WW_Brutalanimations) for later use. I follow the instructions as per the tutorial. I click on clips, then load the primary files starting with wickedeyedone_Double_Pen_top, then female, then bottom.

image.png

Then I click on warehouse. I open the Modding Toolbox to work on the Clips and Clips Header. Here is an example of what I do, starting with the top:

image.png

image.png

image.png

I do this for all three animations, renaming the Clips and Clips Headers’ ClipName and Instance. I then save the file (WW_Brutalmations) for later use.

image.png

3 - Verifying and Extracting the Clip and Clip Header files

Next I verify.

image.png

Looks good to me, yes? Then I extract the Clips and Clips Headers and move on to creating WickedWoohoo animation package by starting a new package and importing the Clips and Headers.

image.png

4 - Create Language Files

Then I create the Language File.

image.png

I open the DP STBL and follow instructions. I generate the string, input animation name (Double Pen) and export to all Languages. It is good to note that, after inputing this stuff, the name of animation on new line is a highlighted colour which is yellow(?). This may be the issue, yes?

Screenshot_23.png

Screenshot_24.png

Screenshot_25.png

Screenshot_26.png

Screenshot_27.png

I then import the Language files and move onto the package file.

Screenshot_28.png

5- XML FILE

I create the XML file from a blank.

Screenshot_29.png

Then I fill out the information within. I am using regular notepad since I am colour blind.

Screenshot_30.png

So I have put in the decimal FNV 64 for ‘s’, and wickedeyedone:WickedWoohooAnimations for ‘n’. Plus, I do animation_display_name from the STBL.

Screenshot_30.png

I then fill out additional sections, such as “animation_name” from the s4pe clip section:

Screenshot_31.png

Seeing as how this will be for threesome, I then add additional actor with the “actor_id” of 2 and fill out his information.

Screenshot_39.png

This looks good, so I save the file and import the XML file into the package.

Screenshot_34.png

6 - Testing File in Game

I create the package and put into Mod folder to test. It does not work and thus I am baffled as to where or what I am not doing right.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

As stated before, I have done this with solo and two sims. The solo sim stands on bed, of the duo only one has animation. I have tried with different animations and animations of varying lengths, but cannot be successful.

Please, any help would be very good. I have a lot of desire to make animations, but doing this and to work in programing is not an area of which I am skilled.

edit: I've been working on this still with no luck. When doing as clip in studio, Clipname should be rig name - yes? I've tried as rig name (wickedeyedone:wickedeyedone_Double_Pen_top, example) and as simply wickedeyedone:Double_Pen_top. No luck. Also, EA has updated Sims 4  and broke everything again.  :dodgy:

Hey!

Try not renaming the ClipName, leave the random generated name and use that name instead. It should fix your problem with sims standing and not doing anything. I actually don't know why some names are broken like that, but using the generated by S4S name should help.

Excellent, that got both actors into position at least for the solo and duo! I feel as though I am getting somewhere now. Thank you for that!

My last obstacle is for the threesome or group animation. I have scoured the other sex mods packages that offer multiple partners (trying to solve of my own accord). Looking over their XML files and it seems as though mine is like their own but is not working like theirs. I click to join-in, and nothing -- it does list it under normal sex act though for primary actor. 

Here is my XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<I c="WickedWoohooAnimationPackage" i="snippet" m="wickedwoohoo.utils_snippets" n="wickedeyedone:WW_Brutal" s="5519441209118573440">
  <T n="wickedwoohoo_animations">1</T>
  <L n="animations_list">
    <T>
      <T n="animation_display_name">0x01325F92</T>
      <T n="animation_author">wickedeyedone</T>
      <T n="animation_locations">SINGLE_BED, DOUBLE_BED</T>
      <T n="animation_category">VAGINAL</T>
      <T n="animation_length">7</T>
      <T n="animation_actors_list">
        <T>
          <T n="actor_id">0</T>
          <T n="animation_name">wickedeyedone:PosePack_201610281348095995_set_1</T>
          <T n="animation_type">ANAL</T>
          <T n="animation_genders">MALE</T>
          <T n="animation_naked_flags">BOTTOM</T>
          <T n="animation_force_nude_feet">0</T>
          <T n="animation_y_offset">0</T>
          <T n="animation_facing_offset">0</T>
          <T n="actor_interactions">
            <T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_id">1</T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_category">ANAL</T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_layer">BUTT</T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_inside">1</T>
            </T>
          </T>
        </T>

<T>
          <T n="actor_id">1</T>
          <T n="animation_name">wickedeyedone:PosePack_201610281348095995_set_2</T>
          <T n="animation_type">VAGINAL</T>
          <T n="animation_genders">FEMALE</T>
            <T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_id">0</T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_category">VAGINAL</T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_layer">DISABLED</T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_inside">0</T>
            </T>
          </T>
        </T>
      </T>
    </T>
        <T>
          <T n="actor_id">2</T>
          <T n="animation_name">wickedeyedone:PosePack_201610281348095995_set_3</T>
          <T n="animation_type">VAGINAL</T>
          <T n="animation_genders">MALE</T>
            <T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_id">1</T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_category">VAGINAL</T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_layer">VAGINA</T>
              <T n="receiving_actor_cum_inside">1</T>
            </T>
          </T>
        </T>
    <!-- Next animation data goes here -->
  </L>

Edit for Jerky Actor/Slow motion problem: To fix the jerky female was to change the Max Frame Count and the Duration to match the other actor. Strange that it seems the female rig is like this even at default of fresh download? Not sure. But doing this now has the actors in synchronization!

All male animations play smoothly, however, the female still  moves as if in slow motion or jerky, though the blender file is smooth (30 fps). I noticed in the Sims Studio, under the warehouse tab, that her frames are not matching the other actors. Under clip she is at 81 -- which is the frame the default rig was at  even though my animating changed it to 40 -- and under clipheader she is at a maximum of 40. I changed clip frames to match the clipheader frame max, but that didn't stop her jerky motion. I have tried everything in Blender and Studio to fix, but not no luck.

Screenshot_42.png

Screenshot_43.png