Creating a Static Actor...

nehaberlan

Hi,

I'm trying to create an activator by changing its .nif. Before, I created one, and I changed its shape by using "Edit" option in the Model of the Activator.

This time I would like to use a full body like a mannequin or an immobile NPC (that NPC can be a custom one...).

The main purpose is when I touch it, the activator runs.

For that reason I need a full body nif file. I tried to create import each body parts hands.nif, feet.nif, head.nif to a body.nif via NifSkope, and then I saved it as a fullbody.nif. But, in the Creation Kit, I should make a mistake (or mistakes). The Creation Kit doesn't show the head part.

The FemaleHead.nif's Body Parts selected as SBP_230_HEAD, SBP_130_HEAD, SBP_143_EARS originally. Is it normal? I tried to assign them SBP 30, 30 and 43 also. It didn't work also.

Maybe, adding the activator script to the NPC that I would like to use can be an option. I do not know...

What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance...

• 2 weeks later...

Anything wrong with just cloning the mannequin and changing the script?

I could just find a time to try your suggestion.

I created an actor NPC first. Then, I duplicated & renamed the PlayerHouseMannequin as Mannequin01.

PlayerHouseMannequin has a script named MannequinActivatorSCRIPT. I deleted it from my new mannequin. I added my custom script to my mannequin.

I didn't touch the MannequinStay Package in the AI Packages. I kept it by its own.

In the Template Data, Actor Base, I just selected "Use Traits".

In the ActorBase, I assigned it to my new actor NPC.

Then, it worked.

Thanks a lot...

:)

Archived