Question(s) re: OOO installation (BAIN)

Toatedsnow

Because the mod page's instructions are terminally unhelpful. I download the BSA and the version I want. I then extract the BSA archive somewhere and wonk the contents (one bsa file) into the /Data folder. Then I drag the "version" file into the BAIN installers tab, activate, move on with my life.

Is that correct or am I missing something along the way?

Incidentally, here's the mod's page if it helps any:   http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46199

Also, in a similarly related note, is the actual order of installation a game-changer? I went and installed most of the landscape and texture mods (minus armour/body) I wanted already. Or is just the load order that matters.

And if the former is the case, the fact that I used Wrye shouldn't mean I have to reinstall everything, right? I can just drag the version installer up the list and wonk it after UOP, no?

Finally, since I want to go with the "Full" version of OOO, I presume it'll be adding some miscellaneous armour aswell - that's what the readme claims anyway. As such, if I do decide to install a body mod, I'll need to find a replacer that applies to OOO aswell? Or does OOO merely alter existing vanilla gear and a bogstandard vanilla replacer'll be fine.

And if the former is the case, anybody have a recommendation?

Cheers and all

BSAs are archive files. If you place them in the data folder, you basically place multiple other files there.

Thing about BSAs is, they have lower priority than loose files. If you have a file with the same data structure and name as one of the files in the BSA, it will overrule it and take effect, while the BSA one will be ignored completely.

Order of installation only ever matters if you overwrite a file. Here's an example: you install Lovers first. Lovers has a skeleton file. You then install Growlf's skeleton. You now overwrote Lovers skeleton and it won't work right.

You install Growlf's skeleton first. You then install Lovers, which has a skeleton that overwrites Growlf's. Lover's skeleton is based on Growlf's, but has additional bones. The mod will now work correctly.

Meanwhile, you install two independent mods. They don't have conflicting files so their order of installation doesn't matter and they will work regardless.

See how this works?

And if you did overwrite something, and want it back, you can just re-install the mod that was overwritten. Oblivion is *not* Skyrim or Fallout and scripts are not saved into your file.

I don't know anything about OOO, since I don't use it, so you'll have to wait for someone else with more knowledge about it to answer you.

OOO does adds lots of "new" armor meshes that aren't covered by the default replacers, so you will need an additional replacer for it.  I don't know what kind of body you're planning on installing, but if you're going to install HGEC you can grab a replacer for both base game and OOO from The Nexus (under the optional files under the download tab for OOO,) as well as a patch for it, also from The Nexus (There shouldn't be much of a difference between 1.35 and 1.36, so it should work.)

OOO adds new armors and also does replace some existing.  

Armors are roberts male and vanilla female.

So if you are using roberts male body, you are set.  

For the female side, if you want more curvy or slutty looking armor, you'll need a replacer mod and/or some loose files to throw in to get the job done.

To give you more specific instructions, we kind of need to know what you are going for.  The more info you can give us, the better we can help.

Archived