Should i bother downloading MMM? How about OOO?

No, it isn't bad as people make it out. In my experience FCOM with a few other mods added in is extremely stable. All those spawns added eats tons of processing power and if your system isn't up to it for whatever reason (other intense mods, Steam install, old comp, hardware incompatibility, etc) you get more CTDs.

You could always use TIE, it's a lot less sensitive to installation and adds quite a bit of vanilla stuff.

I think there's patches from MMM and OOO to work together. All those mods in FCOM are super sensitive to how they're installed, when they're installed and if one little step is messed up the result is messed up mod installation and CTDs.

These huge mod overhauls are highly regarded. But I heard both causes CTD nearly every hour. is it really as bad as people make it out to be?

Also' date=' I really don't want to donwload FCOM./ It just changes WAAAYY too many things.

[/quote']

I am not a fan of FCOM either and instead just use OOO. OOO is extremely stable. With OOO you do not need to install UOP since OOO fixes all those items with its sweeping changes. OOO makes the game extremely challenging early on as pretty much everyone and everything out there can and will kick your tail....:P

FCOM is stable too but it is really a real bear to get setup correctly unless you can find a good AIO or OMOD for it. There are some fantastic guides that will walk you through things quite well but it still involves a fair piece of work installing it.

People who claim that these mods cause CTDs every hour are the same people who can't figure out how to pour pee out of a boot often times. You see the idiots over at the nexus complaining all the time. If those knuckleheads would take the time to actually read the mod description and the readme.txt they often would be quite embarrassed of the complaints they post!

I really can't recommend OOO enough. It's probably the main reason I keep coming back to this game.

OOO fixes so much of what is wrong with vanilla Oblivion. Traps become dangerous, dungeons get individual personality with unique monsters etc... overall Oblivion becomes a challenging game.

And then there's a certain book added by OOO ... ... ...

These huge mod overhauls are highly regarded. But I heard both causes CTD nearly every hour. is it really as bad as people make it out to be?

Also' date=' I really don't want to donwload FCOM./ It just changes WAAAYY too many things.

[/quote']

I am not a fan of FCOM either and instead just use OOO. OOO is extremely stable. With OOO you do not need to install UOP since OOO fixes all those items with its sweeping changes. OOO makes the game extremely challenging early on as pretty much everyone and everything out there can and will kick your tail....:P

FCOM is stable too but it is really a real bear to get setup correctly unless you can find a good AIO or OMOD for it. There are some fantastic guides that will walk you through things quite well but it still involves a fair piece of work installing it.

People who claim that these mods cause CTDs every hour are the same people who can't figure out how to pour pee out of a boot often times. You see the idiots over at the nexus complaining all the time. If those knuckleheads would take the time to actually read the mod description and the readme.txt they often would be quite embarrassed of the complaints they post!

I might veer to OOO thanks. Is there an option to remove the new Armour and weapons for OOO? I'd just prefer vanilla thanks ( Plus I like my DMRA overhaul.)

Guest †Foggy♥Sugar†

Just saying thank you for starting this, I am always too embarrassed to ask stuff like this. I make a big enough butt out of myself! lol

[/quote']

I might veer to OOO thanks. Is there an option to remove the new Armour and weapons for OOO? I'd just prefer vanilla thanks ( Plus I like my DMRA overhaul.)

Actually the best thing to do is install the OOO complete and then install DMRA overtop of it (so that it replaces most if not all of the modifications). If it misses anything you can always replace it by hand manually.

You may be able to delete some of the modifications that OOO makes to clothes/armor by removing the folders and files of the meshes and textures. This should be for advanced modders only as you will need to double check what are replacers vs additions.

I also find WAC to be the most enjoyable overhaul, especially if your find it immersion breaking that all the bandits end up wearing glass armor late-game. WAC is full of little things that add so much to the game, like new creatures and whatnot, much like the other overhauls. One thing I really like about WAC is the inclusion of the whole shebang of "Realswords" mods and the rediculous amount of base armor variants. Never will you find a dungeon full of copypasta'd npc's again. WAC has loads of plugins that add lots of content, one of them changes the arena to be more.. Difficult. If you want an overhaul that adds a lot, but doesn't change the game too much, WAC is for you.

Archived