Why is clothing superglued?

tase

Why is clothing not modeled to drape naturally?

Like these two images of a tank-top (Commonwealth Shorts' Shorts.nif), the cloth follows the skin without considering the material it is made of. Realistically it would arch below the breast, leaving an empty space, and same thing between the breasts (red lines).

post-64585-0-87735100-1475955205_thumb.png

post-64585-0-11614800-1475955207_thumb.png

Is this because it is a Bodyslide generated mesh, or was it just not modeled with the behavior of the fabric in mind?

Would it be possible to do and still be able to be used with bodyslide?

Thats because that is how the model was made from the author, you can't really magically tell it to have wrinkles and draping/hanging positions around the riff unless you do so manually in your software of choice (maya, max, blender) and setup the proper...well, setup (collision surface, material of cloth, etc).

Bodyslide doesn't have such an option, or physics painting kit in it. If you want to edit the shirt the way you want to, then you'll need to export it out of BS and into your software of choice, do your magic, and bring it back in.

Yea of course it's all manually sculpted, and outfit studio isn't a modeling tool, magic doesn't exist...

I was more asking "why not" and not "how to do it".

Maybe there are bad interactions with empty spaces and bodyslide morphs.

I.e if I modeled an empty space below the breast, then put it in outfit studio, and played with the chest/stomach morphs, it would end up in a way that the empty space would be pushed out, making it look even worst.

I'dd try it out myself if I was more familiar with the bodyslide outfit studio process.

What happen is, bodyslide is made to change the body, the morphs carry over a body shape, so even if you make the cloth in the right way, depending the shape you do you will have this "problem".

To solve this is a matter of patience, you have to edit each slider to conform the way the cloth would, i know i am doing this a lot this days...

Err, I think you might want to ask the author (NSK13) on that. I mean, not everyone is willing to put in the effort to make good looking models for free, if the model has a good base to work from, a little masking, a little retaining of verts would hold the model's falloff and creases better, but since the author didn't do any of that, you won't get what your need (the base model of the shirt is already tight).

Also, BS2 distorts UV if you mess around the polygons too much, and since there are many extra morphs (such as the sternum, the part between the breasts), you can very easily end up with floating breast hugging shirts. Again, if you want to avoid any of that, and have 1:1 control, you will need to use something else outside of BS2.

Can't you just increase the mesh volume in outfit studio?

I did this just now, as an example.

post-52153-0-12800800-1475987572_thumb.png

I usually do this all the time, to fix underboob clipping on certain outfits when you crouch.

(I really wish someone would make a new female crouch, the vanilla crouch is so... Chaste)

... Or sometimes I'll shrink certain areas of an outfit to make it appear more skintight.

Edit: Also, as said before, it's down to the mod author to make his/her clothes as realistic as they want, 

and I doubt many people are looking for baggy clothes for their big-breasted barbie-doll bodies.

Yea of course it's all manually sculpted, and outfit studio isn't a modeling tool, magic doesn't exist...

I.e if I modeled an empty space below the breast, then put it in outfit studio, and played with the chest/stomach morphs, it would end up in a way that the empty space would be pushed out, making it look even worst.

I'dd try it out myself if I was more familiar with the bodyslide outfit studio process.

Most sliders I've seen don't look like the person doing the slider did anything beyond a "conform to shape" function.

There are of course about 3 dozen sliders and well some outfit packs have 300 parts.  Thing is I wish they didn't bother posting it cause since they didn't work the individual sliders themselves its just well crap.

Of course some of the outfits need a few more polygons in the breast area for better looking outcomes.  For some reason though every bodyslide seems to be just conform to tits, when if they really did it right they would just pull the chest part out further and leave space between the twin peaks.

Of course that still means doing that same work what dozen maybe 2 dozen times for every tit morph.

All I can say is that Fallout 4 work in bodyslide isn't nearly as good as whats been and being done with Skyrims.

I usually do this all the time, to fix underboob clipping on certain outfits when you crouch.

(I really wish someone would make a new female crouch, the vanilla crouch is so... Chaste)

... Or sometimes I'll shrink certain areas of an outfit to make it appear more skintight.

Edit: Also, as said before, it's down to the mod author to make his/her clothes as realistic as they want, 

and I doubt many people are looking for baggy clothes for their big-breasted barbie-doll bodies.

This is what you need to do for each slider, the problem is, the combination of 2 sliders can break all the work.

Most sliders I've seen don't look like the person doing the slider did anything beyond a "conform to shape" function.

There are of course about 3 dozen sliders and well some outfit packs have 300 parts.  Thing is I wish they didn't bother posting it cause since they didn't work the individual sliders themselves its just well crap.

Of course some of the outfits need a few more polygons in the breast area for better looking outcomes.  For some reason though every bodyslide seems to be just conform to tits, when if they really did it right they would just pull the chest part out further and leave space between the twin peaks.

Of course that still means doing that same work what dozen maybe 2 dozen times for every tit morph.

All I can say is that Fallout 4 work in bodyslide isn't nearly as good as whats been and being done with Skyrims.

The difference between fo4 and skyrim for bodyslide, is that in skyrim we have 2 meshes _0 and _1, we could work a lot of options there, and no chest/body armor would go with the body, so you could make a exclusive mesh and it will be compatible with everything, in fo4 we have to work on the skinny CBBE, and everything should have the same shape, or you could make a outfit and the combat armor would clip for example.

I agreed that most modder only make the conform slider function, but so is in skyrim.

This is what you need to do for each slider, the problem is, the combination of 2 sliders can break all the work.

The difference between fo4 and skyrim for bodyslide, is that in skyrim we have 2 meshes _0 and _1, we could work a lot of options there, and no chest/body armor would go with the body, so you could make a exclusive mesh and it will be compatible with everything, in fo4 we have to work on the skinny CBBE, and everything should have the same shape, or you could make a outfit and the combat armor would clip for example.

I agreed that most modder only make the conform slider function, but so is in skyrim.

Ah ok, well Im pretty burned out on making sliders so I didn't try to sort out the vanilla armor pack or rather I made myself stop....So I could just play the game.  That Vanilla Pack is like another 355 outfits so I can understand the burn out if one went about doing a lot of the sliders one by one for difficult outfits.

I just want to make it clear that I'm not asking anyone to do anything. And I'm not putting down anyone's work, I just took that one as an example; I was using it at the moment, and still am using that outfit.

I came here wondering if there was a technical or practical reason the clothing is skin-thigh all over the body. A lot of the meshes shared are well done, so it came to me as a surprise something like this wasn't considered.

Also, for this item in particular, I noticed that the base mesh (used to generate the bodyslid mesh) looks just fine. So I think the problem is that the cloth between the breast isn't weighted to change when the breast expand forward. So the "sternum" of the cloth stays still while both breast protrude forward. Kinda like if you had the nipples not follow the breasts as they expand.

So I just made my character's tits smaller, looks more natural to me now.

EDIT: So "Today at 1am" became "Yesteday at 1am", I didn't refresh before posting >_>

So the posts confirm it's something to do with bodyslide, requiring more work and being volatile due to the interaction of all the different sliders.

Archived