Animating with Blender; Questions

downjonsie

I've got Blender up to the point I can import the skeleton and body nifs. Following the tutorial at TesNexus, I can't seem to find the 'object mode' to attach the body nifs to the skeleton, though. Using Blender 249b, py 2.6.5, pyffi 2.1.11 and nif scripts 2.5.9.

Also, how would I add a second model to be animated with the first?

Wish I could help u but I personally never got blender to work.

Getting 3ds Max is also a hassle to work but the controls and everything are much more easier to work with and overall options are a lot better then blender in my opinion, and there are a lot more 3ds max tutorials.

Since I've checked your previous topics I can guess you're still starting to get into animating, maybe it's better to change to 3ds Max?

For as far as I know almost all other animators use 3ds Max, and rigs to easily start animating with are also made with 3ds Max and up for grabs on this site.

"IF" you're willing to do that CEO 0S got quite some interesting video's to start with including prequisites: http://0s-mod.tumblr.com/0S/g/

I know this isn't really the answer you're looking for with this topic, just trying to help in the way I can.

Wish I could help u but I personally never got blender to work.

Getting 3ds Max is also a hassle to work but the controls and everything are much more easier to work with and overall options are a lot better then blender in my opinion, and there are a lot more 3ds max tutorials.

Since I've checked your previous topics I can guess you're still starting to get into animating, maybe it's better to change to 3ds Max?

For as far as I know almost all other animators use 3ds Max, and rigs to easily start animating with are also made with 3ds Max and up for grabs on this site.

"IF" you're willing to do that CEO 0S got quite some interesting video's to start with including prequisites: http://0s-mod.tumblr.com/0S/g/

I know this isn't really the answer you're looking for with this topic, just trying to help in the way I can.

I was very tempted to get going 3ds max way, but setting it cost 180 a month, and free edition only available to students, I had no other choice but to get blender set up properly. Everyone is telling me its free, bit I have no idea how to get it for free :P I also managed to get havok content tools, so I'm at for 3ds whenever I figure that much out. Im determined to learn how to animate, and checked many guides. But there are still particular questions a guide can't answer >.>

"Object Mode" is the default general mode Blender opens up in, not sure what you mean by you can't find it? It's clearly stated in the window UI when you're in 3D view with selection arrows to change to Edit Mode, Weight Painting mode, etc.

To attach your body to the skeleton, select first the body object, Shift-select the skeleton. Hit CTRL+P and it'll ask if you want to Make Parent To, select Armature. It'll then ask if you want to create Vertex Groups, select Don't create groups, as your body should already have vertex groups.

You can import as many objects as you'd like, just go to File > Import nif again (make sure none of your existing objects are selected). When I import multiple meshes I like to take advantage of the Layers function to keep each object in it's own space.

Hope this helps.

"Object Mode" is the default general mode Blender opens up in, not sure what you mean by you can't find it? It's clearly stated in the window UI when you're in 3D view with selection arrows to change to Edit Mode, Weight Painting mode, etc.

To attach your body to the skeleton, select first the body object, Shift-select the skeleton. Hit CTRL+P and it'll ask if you want to Make Parent To, select Armature. It'll then ask if you want to create Vertex Groups, select Don't create groups, as your body should already have vertex groups.

You can import as many objects as you'd like, just go to File > Import nif again (make sure none of your existing objects are selected). When I import multiple meshes I like to take advantage of the Layers function to keep each object in it's own space.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I guess my problem was getting the shapes to render. I ported in all the body.nifs and skeleton.nifs. object mode WAS on hahah. I did not see my skeleton or body to be animated, though. I was followibg TESNexus guide to a tee. I'm going to give 3ds Max a shot when I am home.

I swear to shit. I will get this! Hahah

Archived