invisible skin textures - at my wit's end

Elizinator

so my problem is pretty straightforward, and amazingly frustrating.

i am trying to install this mod: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/52650-get-vagina-working-with-collisions-updated-all-in-one-uunp-hdt-animated-pussy-is-back/

the problem is that the body works fine - HDT physics, collisions, everything. i followed the instructions, and achieved success. the way it ought to be.

however, without exception, the skin textures are invisible. i get the blue body. 

i have tried half a dozen different textures for the UNP body, and not a single one that actually has vagina textures works. all those without do. so i get get a functioning HDT vagina with collision, so long as it is untextured. every attempt to simply add the textures myself though texblend fail also - working texture goes in, invisible one comes out. i have tried every UNP texture i can find for the last THREE DAYS, and this is the result without deviation or exception.

the female body texture is the only thing affected. hands and face load fine. being a texture replacement, there are no .esp files involved, so i cant imagine how load order would be an issue. my google-fu suggests that this is caused by a "missing" texture, but that is false. the texture is present in the proper folder. it is the proper size. i can open it in gimp and it appears normal. this is also the case for the normal and specular maps, which ALSO malfunction in this way.

nobody else that i could find has ever had this problem. what the hell did i do? why can i not get this straightforward texture replacement to work? 

EDIT: i should also mention that this happens whether i start a new game, or load an old one.

possible solution, and i have no idea what this means for the original texture, but this works for me.

you will need:

1: photoshop or GIMP. gimp is free and photoshop is very not free, so . . .

2: dds plugin for the above

you will do:

1: open the texture in question.

2: flatten image if necessary. probably will be.

3: export as dds. over-write the previous version.

4: click "generate mipmaps" in the popup.

5: the texture should now appear normally in-game. i have done this with colour textures, as well as _msn.dds and _s.dds, and they all work fine now.

Archived